Tide Born Armor??

Aequarion - Lost City
Aequarion - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Ok, so we all know that the tideborn get their own set of armor while you work up to lvl 20, (And if you didn't well, know you know) My question is, Does that keep going after you leave the island? Or do you just have to start using the normal sets?

If you've got any idea, just post it here.
Post edited by Aequarion - Lost City on

Comments

• ShoeFury - Sanctuary
    ShoeFury - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Normal sets. Except at level 30 you will get your Rank 1 armor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Joined Aug 2008 on HT--
    Just lurkin' the forums these days and makin' occassional stupid posts
  • Posideon - Lost City
    Posideon - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ok so once you get your lvl 20 armor, (the steel wing set) That's the last of the tideborn sets, and you use regular till you get another tideborn set at lvl 30?
  • I_can_heal_ - Harshlands
    I_can_heal_ - Harshlands Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ya pretty muc ur lvl 30 rank equip will kinda have same stats as all other classes but will have a different name and only your class can wear it.
  • callam
    callam Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It's a shame. I really like the lowbie Tideborn armour compared to the higher level armour. :/
    IGN: Deimos
    Faction: Modo
    Level: 2X
    Server: East, untill OB when I'll switch to EU
    Guild: None for the moment.
  • Posideon - Lost City
    Posideon - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ok so that's cool, but does it really not look as cool as the lvl 20 armor? That is a shame, the steel wing armor looks awesome.
  • Nemesyk - Raging Tide
    Nemesyk - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ok so that's cool, but does it really not look as cool as the lvl 20 armor? That is a shame, the steel wing armor looks awesome.

i second this, the new tideborn armor is freakin smexy b:dirty
    Retired Character

New main is Alexenokin of Lost City
  • Eclispea - Dreamweaver
    Eclispea - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    awww...b:sad i was hoping for special kickass tideborn armour b:cry
  • Kaeldron - Raging Tide
    Kaeldron - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So has any one got the level 30 armor yet because if somebody has they need to post a screenshot for both assasins and psychics.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Rank armor for tideborn looks the same as normal light and arcane.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • aneelar
    aneelar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I do agree on this. The tideborn armor sets that you get as you lvl up are very pretty and much better than the regular sets we all use. I think they should have a forge for people who want to change their regular armor into tideborn armor, but again they already have that palace of nirvana thing where you can change the appearance of your high lvl weps into something different with the stats still being the same. T__T

I just think its sad its only for high lvls instead of letting other low lvls have a chance to make their armor look pretty and not have the same regular armor that others do.

*did i make sense? *wonders* probably not T__T*
  • phishface
    phishface Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Rank armor for tideborn looks the same as normal light and arcane.

So does the lvl 30 armor have the same requirements as normal armor?
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    phishface wrote: »
    So does the lvl 30 armor have the same requirements as normal armor?

I'm guessing yes, except for the 300 rep requirement (or whatever it is).
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • Xanthir - Sanctuary
    Xanthir - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    aneelar wrote: »
    I just think its sad its only for high lvls instead of letting other low lvls have a chance to make their armor look pretty and not have the same regular armor that others do.

Lets see what would happen if they did introduce the possibility for others to change the appearance of their armour.

Tideborn can change the appearance of their armour, free of charge: Everyone else complains because the option isn't available for the other classes, and they will 'demand' that PWE allows other classes to do the same.

Any class can change the appearance of their armour, free of charge: Then it's not really special, is it? If everyone can do it free of charge, then you will have the same looking armour as everyone else because they are also changing their armour.

Tideborn can change the appearance of their armour, but it requires cash shop items or hard to acquire materials: Not only do you have the same problem as before where the other classes complain, but now you also have the tideborn complaining that it should be free.

Anyone can change the appearance of their armour, but it requires cash shop items or hard to acquire materials: Now people complain that it's so hard to acquire and that it's useless, or people complain that PWE is once again only catering to the cash shop crowd.

Currently, if you wish to look 'different' to everyone else, you can buy clothing from the cash shop.
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/expansion/equipment seems that they hasnt added all stuffs yet ..and like culti quests description is fked up cuz tb is made from elf :P
  • Valintine - Heavens Tear
    Valintine - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Lets see what would happen if they did introduce the possibility for others to change the appearance of their armour.

Tideborn can change the appearance of their armour, free of charge: Everyone else complains because the option isn't available for the other classes, and they will 'demand' that PWE allows other classes to do the same.

Any class can change the appearance of their armour, free of charge: Then it's not really special, is it? If everyone can do it free of charge, then you will have the same looking armour as everyone else because they are also changing their armour.

Tideborn can change the appearance of their armour, but it requires cash shop items or hard to acquire materials: Not only do you have the same problem as before where the other classes complain, but now you also have the tideborn complaining that it should be free.

Anyone can change the appearance of their armour, but it requires cash shop items or hard to acquire materials: Now people complain that it's so hard to acquire and that it's useless, or people complain that PWE is once again only catering to the cash shop crowd.

Currently, if you wish to look 'different' to everyone else, you can buy clothing from the cash shop.

I completely agree with you. To paraphrase the internet, Your comment is Win!
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yup i did every possible quest hidden and not until lvl 69 and not even a trace of new armours.
    I also seen on a lvl 90+ assassin who also bought alot of rep rank IV and V armour pieces and there was nothing special on the looks.
  • Salena - Harshlands
    Salena - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Seriously, i thought we were supposed to keep the tide born armor till 30, i guess this is one of the glitches that they were talking about, or they just havn't developed the armor yet?
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010

+1. This post should be referred to everytime this question is asked.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • jayk314
    jayk314 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    eternalnab wrote: »
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/expansion/equipment seems that they hasnt added all stuffs yet ..and like culti quests description is fked up cuz tb is made from elf :P

Guys, please fly to the palace of nirvana and look at the urns outside of the palace entrance. Notice if any of the armor looks strikingly similar to the "new tideborn armor" posted on the website. The armor is there, you just need to do palace of nirvana to get it.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Yeah I remember tideborns wearing those level 20 armors and they looked great.
  • Nymi - Lost City
    Nymi - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    How do I get the lvl 30 armor? What are the other two called?
  • Laurrella - Dreamweaver
    Laurrella - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Personally I think it would be great if all armor sets were race specific so there is a little variety in how folks appear. I know it probably won't happen as it would involve changing a lot of models but maybe down the road it might be possible.

Second thing I would love to see changed for Tideborn specifically is their aerogear. Get rid of the wings which make no sense and make a series of flying fish we can ride.
    Laurrixa - 64 Sin
  • Anarae_Xen - Sanctuary
    Anarae_Xen - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I agree lets dump the horrible wings that are so slow, elfs get faster wings at level 30 so where's the tideborn equivelent
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I agree lets dump the horrible wings that are so slow, elfs get faster wings at level 30 so where's the tideborn equivelent

b:surrender Hm didn't every lv 30 quest aerocraft fly at 0,5ms ?
    Elf natural wing has 0ms (just fly) into it but can be upgraded by elf flying mastery. (only affect natural wing)
    TB aerocraft . . i hate it . . not match the TB them self and looks like a cheap works . . b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    How do I get the lvl 30 armor? What are the other two called?

First, you reach level 30, have 300 (or more) rep, and talk to the Commander in Chief (on the other side of the forges from General Summer) and get your rank 1 ring.

Second, you talk to the girl next to him, and buy the rank 1 chest, leggings and belt from her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Reysassin - Heavens Tear
    Reysassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    pretty sure the TB specific armor is one of those things 'still to come' if you pay attention and have the chance to see a lot of the higher levels without fashion on, you'll notice that there are slight differences to the way TT90 (for example) appears on different races/classes.

with as much **** as HASN'T been implemented yet from the ever-so-incomplete expansion, are you at all suprised by this?
    ReYVynN-93 barb (semi-retired)
    Reysassin-8X assassin (semi-actively levelling til sage/demon skills drop)
    Sbiggs-54 veno
    and others to remain unlisted...

"What is best in life?"
    "Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And here the lamentation of their women."

"Oracles... wtf are oracles..? I'm here to play the game, not power level through it so i can call other people noobs..."
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    uh i like the tideborn armor at lvl 12-19 but at 20 u should start wearing the lvl 20 light and arcane sets. way more phys/mag def compaired to your steelwing and the psy set.
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear
    ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    pretty sure the TB specific armor is one of those things 'still to come

Outside of the newbie armour I dont think there is " TB specific armour" and dont think there was ever any intented .

All the images the old TB site ( where people got the impression of TB only armour from ) are Nirvana TT and lunar