Wizard or Venomancer?

Itheriel - Raging Tide
Itheriel - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Which would you suggest? Both seem like fun ranged magic dealers. I think I want:

1. Flashy spell graphics
  2. Variety - I don;t want to spam the same 2 spells for 40 levels
  3. Fun factor - I know this is subjective, but still
  4. Don't care about PvP or end-game; just something fun for the next few months of regular leveling
  5. Complexity if possible - I have 10+ years in MMOs and I like classes that make you think a bit
  6. Ability to solo

Thanks for any advice.
Post edited by Itheriel - Raging Tide on

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Which would you suggest? Both seem like fun ranged magic dealers. I think I want:

1. Flashy spell graphics
      -Wizard-
    2. Variety - I don;t want to spam the same 2 spells for 40 levels
      -Wizard-
    3. Fun factor - I know this is subjective, but still
      -Wizard if you like damage, Venomancer if you like pets and being fluffy.-
    4. Don't care about PvP or end-game; just something fun for the next few months of regular leveling
      -Venomancer-
    5. Complexity if possible - I have 10+ years in MMOs and I like classes that make you think a bit
      -Wizard kite & spell combo, Venomancer pet skills & debuff.-
    6. Ability to solo
      -Venomancer-

Thanks for any advice.

Hm . . Q.Q i dunno what suggestion i should tell . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Wizard is a much better magic damage dealer than a venomancer ever will be because it's common knowledge that venomancers have the weakest magic damage and depend on pets to make up for it.
    Flashy spell graphics
    Wizard; They have better flashy spell graphics than venomancers. Venomancers cast more wood damage effects (noxious gas), rocks (lucky scarab), and skulls (parasitic nova).
    Variety - I don;t want to spam the same 2 spells for 40 levels
    Wizard; I spam around 4 skills as a venomancer.
    Fun factor - I know this is subjective, but still
    I guess if you want to catch a variety of pets, Venomancer.
    Don't care about PvP or end-game; just something fun for the next few months of regular leveling
    Wizard; Wizards are more worthwhile and a venomancer is (almost) crippled without a hercules and/or phoenix. Each costs $200 respectively.
    Complexity if possible - I have 10+ years in MMOs and I like classes that make you think a bit
    Wizard; I remember trying out my little brother's wizard account when I had gotten bored of my venomancer. It was more difficult to learn than my venomancer. But then again, everyone knows venomancers are easy.
    Ability to solo
    Venomancer; It's common knowledge that venomancers are more of a solo class and can level by themselves "easily". Plus they have almost no repair cost if at all.

I hope that helped.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • Itheriel - Raging Tide
    Itheriel - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Wow - thank you for the detailed response! Wizard it is!