EVENT: Ultimate Facebook Contest Winners!

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
event_details_ultimate_facebook_122209.jpg

Hey guys, after a lot of account verifying and hoop-jumping, we're proud to finally be able to announce the winners of our Ultimate Facebook Contest!

If you remember, there were two kinds of prizes:

A) Our extremely rare Barbarian statue, of which there are only 100 in existence, shown below. The statue is about 10" tall, 8" wide, and weighs approximately 7.5 lbs, and it will be shipped to the winners on our dime.

barbstatue.jpg

Ten players were chosen to win this prize.

B) 5 (five) free levels on the winner's character!

Five players were chosen to win this prize.

And now, here are your winners for the two categories, and again, these winners were picked at random from the 50,000+ fans of our Facebook page.

A) Barbarian Statue Prize

Healer_Jenn - Heaven's Tear

Bad_BM - Lost City

LilithCraven - Sanctuary

headbasher - Raging Tide

HeavensWing - Sanctuary

LadyLenmana - Sanctuary

AineGoddess - Lost City

RicoSuavae - Lost City

Inabikari - Raging Tide

Jassu - Harshlands

A) Five Free Levels on their character!

ColdVeno - Dreamweaver

_archangel - Lost City

haileybabe - Sanctuary

FateBlade - Lost City

CrazyArcher - Dreamweaver

Congratulations to all the winners! We will be contacting them via email over the next 24 hours, so if you're one of the winners please sit tight, and if you happen to know one of the winners, please let them know to keep an eye on their emails!

And a big thanks to all who became fans of our page!

See you in-game!
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Lol did frankie put in a strange symbol and cut off his post?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • frankieraye
    edited March 2010
    Lol did frankie put in a strange symbol and cut off his post?!

Of course not, why on earth would I do something like that b:surrender
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    just to ask the ever present question, how did u guys verify weather or not the person had a pw account?
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Random indeed, I've only ever even heard of... gosh, maybe two of those people.

And poor Harshlands and HT only got one winner.

Time to go and un-fan PWI on Facebook now~
    J/k on the last part. But then again... I can imagine many of the alt accounts that were made are going to disappear miraculously now. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Spirit_Age - Raging Tide
    Spirit_Age - Raging Tide Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Grats to the winers....
    I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN . Expansion was over hyped. Guild bases (that looked cool) can be destroyed, so why waste the time if your a in a small faction like me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Dorset. I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN
    -ZeroDefects-"trollin trollin trollin. keep those flames a rollin. keep that post count growing. flamebait!" -Vitenka- "You are modifying the game files. That's not allowed. The freaking end."
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    well the winners on sanct. arent old pple >.> never heard of their name, all of them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    No one from Heaven's Tear hmm? Strange...
    b:sad
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • AineGoddess - Lost City
    AineGoddess - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wulven - Dreamweaver
    Wulven - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    About freaking time...

Too bad its a Lost City / Sanctuary landslide...

Now why do I have a feeling that all of these players have not been previously contacted or even remember this contest anymore? Might have only 3 confirmations thus making the entire thing a waste...
    PWI is totally going down the drain, attempting events/contests to plug the drain up... keyword 'attempting'...
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    @wulv
    you could at least be grateful that the new community manager is attempting things we never saw with the old one. dont derail this into something irrelevant, and be grateful we are even recieving non boutique related events rather than just sales 24/7 now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Congratulations to the winners ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • SinCityChick - Dreamweaver
    SinCityChick - Dreamweaver Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I can say it would have been interesting to see how they found out which ones had PWI accounts, but I also can say...CONGRATS to the winners! And also, anyone complaining about the picked characters is just jealous cuz they didn't win.
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
    Andracil (teh BEST MOD EVER!)
  • XMidKnight - Lost City
    XMidKnight - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Mehh the majority are all wc trash talkers and people who grief L30s.

Nevertheless.. Congrats.
  • Shiyuzhi - Heavens Tear
    Shiyuzhi - Heavens Tear Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Congrats to all the winners!
    "I have no personality whatsoever. Cower before my blandness!"

Cookie to whomever gets the reference.
  • PayUpSucka - Heavens Tear
    PayUpSucka - Heavens Tear Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Congratz To The Winners!

(side Note: But If I Remember Correctly, For The 5 Free Lvls...it Was Suppose To Be 1 Per Server. Ht Had No Winners. Am I Wrong About This?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    edited March 2010
    Congratz To The Winners!

(side Note: But If I Remember Correctly, For The 5 Free Lvls...it Was Suppose To Be 1 Per Server. Ht Had No Winners. Am I Wrong About This?)

I checked the original announcement, and there's no mention of "one winner per server".

Also, the Ultimate Facebook Contest was announced on December 22nd-- one week after Raging Tide server was launched. So there were actually six servers when the announcement was made, meaning that "one winner per server" would have meant 6 winners total.
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Mehh the majority are all wc trash talkers and people who grief L30s.

Nevertheless.. Congrats.

^^rico suave hahahha
  • frankieraye
    edited March 2010
    All emails to prize winners have been sent out!
  • SmexyGuy - Dreamweaver
    SmexyGuy - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    anyone get to 105 because of this event???
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    anyone get to 105 because of this event???

we won't know unless they tell people that they have, because theres no ranks yetb:chuckle

and also, gms won't say how they verified if the person had an active pw accountb:sad
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands
    Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    frankie,

will any clarification on how the verifying process went be given?
    someone asked it but seems to be ignored.

well, just wondered. if its a secret, its fine.
    edited March 2010
    anyone wanna post the levels of the people who got 5 free levels?

are they all 2x???
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hint: you can check if those ppl are on the forums. Just go to the search thing, write their name to the box that says "written by" and see if that user exists in the forums.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited March 2010
    Hint: you can check if those ppl are on the forums. Just go to the search thing, write their name to the box that says "written by" and see if that user exists in the forums.

I know that.. but only 1 has posted on the forums and he uses the question mark avatar.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    I know that.. but only 1 has posted on the forums and he uses the question mark avatar.

Not true. I checked that FateBlade is 97. It means that if he levels before getting the free 5 levels... http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/member.php?u=945361001
  • HeavensWing - Sanctuary
    HeavensWing - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    And now, here are your winners for the two categories, and again, these winners were picked at random from the 50,000+ fans of our Facebook page.

A) Barbarian Statue Prize

Healer_Jenn - Heaven's Tear

Bad_BM - Lost City

LilithCraven - Sanctuary

headbasher - Raging Tide

HeavensWing - Sanctuary

LadyLenmana - Sanctuary

AineGoddess - Lost City

RicoSuavae - Lost City

Inabikari - Raging Tide

Jassu - Harshlands
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO * jumps outta window*

Btw Thanks for all the hate about "Never heard this guy" or "I bet they are noobs"
    >.>
    <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Original Join date: Nov 24, 2008
    Originally Posted by Russiee - Raging Tide

As for Shadow Escape. "I am sin, I Shadow Escape on a boss, Boss attacks cleric and squad wipes. Lolol im pro fish".

^ So pro b:victory ^
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO * jumps outta window*

Btw Thanks for all the hate about "Never heard this guy" or "I bet they are noobs"
    >.>
    <.<

Grats :D But I doubt they were talking that the Barb statue winners were noobs. I think it was more about those who got free levels. But as you can see, there is one 97 BM there. If he levels to 100 before using those levels... Oh god.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Grats :D But I doubt they were talking that the Barb statue winners were noobs. I think it was more about those who got free levels. But as you can see, there is one 97 BM there. If he levels to 100 before using those levels... Oh god.

Has it been confirmed by a GM that it's some kind of item, where you choose when to use it? Seems much more likely that they just add the levels during a maintenance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Fangxing - Heavens Tear
    Fangxing - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Has it been confirmed by a GM that it's some kind of item, where you choose when to use it? Seems much more likely that they just add the levels during a maintenance.

Or maybe not even during a maintenance time. I think that would be a mean move on their part to make the winners wait until next Tuesday to give the levels or just shut down all the servers for everybody else to give five people free levels.

Hopefully the GMs just give it to them while they are offline so it's a surprise when they log on. I know I would be a bouncing baby girl if I saw that. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now I know that PWE is ran by a bucket of monkeys on speed.
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle

^ Gratz!!

And HAHAHAHAHAHAHA at the 5 level winners in LC...no 105's going to be here. b:chuckle

but we will have one more 102.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.