I m feeling like a n00b

verybadthings
verybadthings Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
It is kind of wierd. I m level 85 wiz and I still feel like a total noob and I dont know why that is.

When I was lvl 1-30 I felt like a n00b for very obvious reasons.

When I was lvl 30-60 I felt more or less like a n00b but was quite certain that I wouldn t when I got closer to 70-80

When I was 60-80 a strange feeling started to grow, I felt more and more uncertain that I would ever get rid of the feeling of beeing a n00b.

Now at 85 I feel more n00bish than ever.

And her s the strangest thing. I m not a maller. I havnt used any single oracle. I play at a PvP server and defend well against players my lvl. I ve gotten all my tt80, molds by myself or by grinding/farming mats sell/ buy stuff at AH. And I ve been playing for about 6 -7 month (I do have a life outside pwi, real life girlfriend, takes a lot of time, and a job, takes almost as much time ;), so I can spend about as much time playing as others would watching television shows)

My question is. How to stop feeling like a n00b. when do that happen. Any 9x still feeling n00bish?

Mabye it s just a resoult of so many 10x beein out there and pqi being such an imense game.

It feels like ther s so many things I dont know yet and the only thing I m not n00b at is farming mats and doing bh:s.

Help me. How do I stop this feeling of beeing a total n00b. I m afraid I ll hit lvl 100 stil feeling like one.
Post edited by verybadthings on

Comments

• Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Learn everything.. learn every class skill, demon/sage, tameable pet, monster drop, exp gain, quest reward, farming places, etc. Once you know everything, you're going to feel like a Guru.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • verybadthings
    edited March 2010
    Then I would have to quit my job and dump my girlfriend... :(
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Then I would have to quit my job and dump my girlfriend... :(

Can't have everything, the choice is yours. Will you take the red pill, or the blue bill.b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Can't have everything, the choice is yours. Will you take the red pill, or the blue bill.b:cool

That made me lol.. hard.

If you seriously want to know everything and not have to waste away in front of your comp. Just have a notebook. :P

Whenever someone mentions/tells you something you didn't know, write it down in your notebook.

After a month or two I think you'd be amazed how much you'd know (or at least have written down in your notebook to reference).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • verybadthings
    edited March 2010
    I take hmmm.. hrrhmm .. the red pill! ....WAIT what does the re pill do?

If I take notes of everything people say I think I in the end will end up still beeing 85, 3 month from now, still feeling like a noob having a whole novel of rubbish that I dont really get wondering what all the time was used to... .. oh wait.. it was used to take the notes.. oh ****. what do I do with all the rubbish.. writing a guide or try getting it publiched.. another 3 month later.. hmm I m still 85 feeling like a noob. what did I do with all the time, . oh yeah writing a guide from all the notes that I didnt get posting it on the pwi forums...

hmm I should take a note about not taking notes..." makes note" ...... oh ****...
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    LOL
    Im afraid you will feel like a noob many times at 9x too... at least i do, and to get there i needed almost 10 months (RL does get in the way of playing a LOT....)
    I still learn new things, even about my own skills, and you could write a book on what i dont know about other classess, or quests or bossess - even classess i play with very often or quests / instances i did many times (like 'is SB's aoe frontal or all around' for example). Nvm new quests and instances that come up as you level...

Yes, taking notes helps a lot. Whatever you needed there is big chance someone else will need in few days too - or you will forget again where that something was, and youd have answer on hand. Printing out guides for quests helps too, i still have all Ence's guides from lvl 1 to 80 and reach for them when someone needs some info i cant remember. I also get lost a lot so i have printed out maps for instances... And i look for advice here on forums, some of it is very good and can make life a lot easier.

Feeling as a noob imo isnt bad - means you dont think you are a PWI God b:chuckle
    And that in turn leaves you space to listen to others and learn new things b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Read my signature.

Anyway i am rather know as a noob rather than a pro. b:victory
    So people not . . well you know. b:laugh

" I am just a normal player with average ability to play 0_0.
    May cause party wipes or barb hp charm tick or died cleric !!
    Invite with caution may cause blacklist to happen. "
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    GO to youtube, watch people play. You can pick up a whole lot from their techniques. Timing, which skills to use, a little kiting skill. It's all good for you to watch, unless they're godawful.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • SinCityChick - Dreamweaver
    SinCityChick - Dreamweaver Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    GO to youtube, watch people play. You can pick up a whole lot from their techniques. Timing, which skills to use, a little kiting skill. It's all good for you to watch, unless they're godawful.

Usually they won't post it then...it'll say it was posted by somebody else, and they did it for the lolz...and they are REALLY funny and show you what NOT to do.
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
    Andracil (teh BEST MOD EVER!)
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Do you cash shop? No?

There's the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The day you stop learning should be the day you die....

As for being a noob, I still learn new things about the game, and still do noobish stuff at times. Noobishness isn't a place, it's a state of mindb:laugh
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    When you stop learning that's when you can be a complete **** to the people you run instances with!

I'm personally a big fan of "If you pull aggro off tank and it's your fault all you get is a bubble and a HOT if I'm feeling nice" I do it all the time.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsLzf9yKptQ

Yes, watch youtube. Make you pro. Like that barb.
    b:dirty
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Doesn't Nurfed have 8jun? That kinda makes him just as much or more of a cashshopper as that WB, I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Lost City
    Alliptica - Lost City Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    im stuck at lvl 80 for a month. can anyone help meeeeeee
    edited March 2010
    ...go grind? That is what I would do...On top of Exp, you get coins and drops, which can help with the financial situation most of PWI non-CSers find themselves in.
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    That you can hold your own in PvP would suggest you're not a noob. If you're also competent in squads then the problem may be low self esteem. Maybe Prozac or Xanax? Personally i like Tequila...
  • _Alchemist_ - Dreamweaver
    _Alchemist_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Learn everything.. learn every class skill, demon/sage, tameable pet, monster drop, exp gain, quest reward, farming places, etc. Once you know everything, you're going to feel like a Guru.

Roseary is sooo right. mostly id go with Learn every class skill, that way no skill comes as a surprise to you.

Feeling noobish is part of not knowing the name of the cleric skill, when they form that blueish-circle-thingy-that-heals-everyone?!? thats my case right now b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Prepare for a phantasmagoric panoply of magical powers!
    Your abilities will be mine!
  • Sinalee - Dreamweaver
    Sinalee - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Stop lookign down on urself and up to the higher lvls who think they r something (some of them are but not all, and the ones who brag often r the ones being most noobish =P) Im lvl80 Veno, and i believe i play my class well, also when i compare with other players my lvl. Towards a higher lvl i still feel new to the game, but towards new players i feel like i can give some experience to them (anty noobish). Its like school, don't compare urself with ppl who r ALOT better (higher lvl) than u, but with the ones at ur lvl.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I felt like a noob till I hit 101. lol

Anyone under 100 is kinda nub. Sorry, it's true. ;P
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • verybadthings
    edited March 2010
    I felt like a noob till I hit 101. lol

Anyone under 100 is kinda nub. Sorry, it's true. ;P

****. that was what I was suspecting all along...
  • ClericNico - Dreamweaver
    ClericNico - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Meh, I don't feel noob in general, but I certainly do have my moments. Personally, i'm more interested in having fun than being uber high level. I know plenty of people who started playing when i was lvl 70+ and are 90+ themselves now. What's funny is them taking me on TT90 runs. b:chuckle
    Sometimes, when I'm bored, I blow myself up. b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ClericNico: 7x Cleric, Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 7x Barbarian, Tormented Executor (Hate2Love Alt Faction)
    Durzo_Blint: 6x Blademaster, Tormented

The cleric formerly known as the veno known as Sheeeba. b:chuckle
  • Ameo - Dreamweaver
    Ameo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I think you, yourself, feeling like a noob is a good thing, it means you notice that you still have room for improvement. That in itself just makes the game even funner because it gives other things to do for a time being when you have nothing to do. Any game i've every played i've always felt n00b because everyone around me was so much faster, stronger, etc. That is while they were growing in level I was growing in knowledge of things they were passing up. Being said, feeling noob should be a sort of good feeling really ^_^.
  • verybadthings
    edited March 2010
    Mabye one conclusion is: the bigger and better the game, the longer it takes to not feel n00bish.

Since a small game takes no time to master while an imense game like pwi takes very long.

So all in all, feelingn00bish at lvl 85 or even at lvl 100 is actually a compliment to the game beeing so large with so many things to learn and master.

Oh did I just make a huge compliment to pwi. ...

*feeling urge of even it out*

...gredy greedy GM's putting coral pack out every other week making goldprice skyrocket, shame on you!
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I still don't know everything in game, but I can tell around 95% for sure. Last thing what I learned was where to find mobs, which drops card for summon card bosses. And which card belongs to which boss and where is instance to summon them.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XMidKnight - Lost City
    XMidKnight - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    However good u are. There is always someone better. ijs.

EDIT: Or just richer...
  • Shiyuzhi - Heavens Tear
    Shiyuzhi - Heavens Tear Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I still feel very noobish at times, even though I've been playing this game for several months. Maybe it's because I lvl up so slowly. In any case, it helps keep me humble.
    "I have no personality whatsoever. Cower before my blandness!"

Cookie to whomever gets the reference.
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It is kind of wierd. I m level 85 wiz and I still feel like a total noob and I dont know why that is.

I feel like pwning n00bs.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yotjUTQPl0
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Mabye one conclusion is: the bigger and better the game, the longer it takes to not feel n00bish.

Since a small game takes no time to master while an imense game like pwi takes very long.

So all in all, feelingn00bish at lvl 85 or even at lvl 100 is actually a compliment to the game beeing so large with so many things to learn and master.

Oh did I just make a huge compliment to pwi. ...

*feeling urge of even it out*

...gredy greedy Devs putting coral pack out every other week making goldprice skyrocket, shame on you!

Fixed that for ya...GMs have no say about the boutique, they just warn us about what's coming

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Fixed that for ya...GMs have no say about the boutique, they just warn us about what's coming

Oh, they do have a say. They can say No, and avoid putting the items on boutique... and get fired for it XD
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]