Finally made it to 90,life is good :)

Options
ExELFine - Heavens Tear
ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Cleric
I didn't want to necro a thread that was started last August when I hit 80, so here is me again, woot'ing my demon and lev 90.

I started out, and played my cleric all the way to demon as a Full MAG (Attack) Cleric, with only 3 VIT, that I have now raised at 10 recently.

I just want to tell our younger cleric crowd to be patient and to believe in themselves whatever build you choose (between Full Support, Full Attack or Hybrid) because, in the end, it doesn't matter: we all get the same amount of abuse and even hate from other classes for their own stupid mistakes.

But remember one thing: if they are allowed mistakes without anyone blaming them, so are we so... don't take heck from anyone and stand your ground. A cleric takes a while to learn because of all our numerous skills and our vast potential.

A cleric can self-heal, group-heal, -buff and rezz but they can also solo their quests and most happily, can AoE grind without any help. That means giving as much attention to our nukes as to our heals. So keep a good balance between skills. And do max metal mastery.

Remember that "heal-spamming" tank means keeping your finger on the IH button so that the tank's charm doesn't tick while yours is melting away. So my best advice is to squad with friends or faction mates.

Knowing our limits: depending on a cleric's build, there are certain instances in which we cannot and will not enter, for everyone's sake. RB, for instance, requires a minimum of 4K HP unbuffed and requires BB up most of the time... so it goes with a few other instances: get your info before engaging anywhere.

Communication: also, when you are unfamiliar with a new instance (BH, TT, FF, etc) don't be afraid to ask your squaddies what they expect from you: BB? if so, where... IH? and so on. After a few times, you will become more confident and will know exactly what to do.

Pay attention: for instance, never heal a tank while he is engaging a boss: stack IH before his attack and then keep healing him while he's fighting. Keep your eyes on the squaddies red bars and group-heal when needed. At some bosses (Pole in bh69 for instance), tank needs Purify and IH... just alternate the two.

Getting your dues: make sure you get your fair share in TT runs (check what mats you need), and you will notice that healers (in BH's) don't get any drops, so, negotiate before you join.

And lastly: don't take ***** from anyone. Establish your friendlist according to the peeps who treat you best and appreciate your presence. After all, it's just a game and you, as well as anyone else, are entitled to enjoy it.

Have fun all and good luck in game
b:pleased
[SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Crafting:
Tailor: lev 7
Blacksmith: lev 6
Craftsman: lev 6
Apothicary: lev 5
SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
Post edited by ExELFine - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Gratz.

I am 10% away from level 90. ^^ Can't wait to get there.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Grats on lvl 90 and becoming a demon. How do you feel as being driven by pure desire? b:chuckle

And I agree with you wholeheartedly :) This game is played for fun :) Squad ppl with whom you do have fun, avoid those who are no-fun... Clerics are awesome people playing awesome class. Ppl who try to blame you for their mistakes and whine about every charm tick can heal and res themselves next time b:bye

Ok, i admit, there are fail clerics - just like fail other classess. Some ppl are just bad and thats it - but fail clerics have their own thread so lets forget about them for now. This thread is for win clerics b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jlora - Sanctuary
    Jlora - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Gratz and thanks for tips... b:bye
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    .....so not FAC anymore? b:avoidb:chuckle
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Gratz.

I am 10% away from level 90. ^^ Can't wait to get there.

I couldn't wait to hit 90 either, then i did then i turned into everyones god damn slave
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    you can still FAC till about 20 VIT :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    So what's the 70 extra HP going to do for you? o-o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
    edited March 2010
    Options
    So what's the 70 extra HP going to do for you? o-o
    the same thing that does to pple who buy +70HP'ed ornaments for a high price
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ahira - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    you can still FAC till about 20 VIT :3

20 Vit is the FAC limit? I must have missed that paragraph in the FAC guide! b:chuckleb:heart
    --Retired--

• mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    .....so not FAC anymore? b:avoidb:chuckle

Ahira always seems to get it right. Well, most of the time b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Thanks all for the good words :)

Aya_ wrote:
    Ok, i admit, there are fail clerics - just like fail other classess

In the case of clerics, tho, the fact that this class is so versatile (healer, DD and hybrid), we should rather talk about "failed healer" and/or "failed DD'er" and, in my case, I have been a failed healer more than once.

When you tell your squad leader that you're not a healer and they insist to take you in as sole cleric: therein lies the problem. Too often people don't listen.

Ahira wrote:
    .....so not FAC anymore?

Lol, only when there's no way around, like being the only cleric in FF, for instance or in TT runs with friends... I don't really mind then because people know I'm there for them too.

DrMelvin wrote:
    I couldn't wait to hit 90 either, then i did then i turned into everyones god damn slave

I sure hope it doesn't happen to me, this is why I keep solo and AoE grinding as much as I can. Like this other cleric on forum here mentioned (not on this thread but elsewhere), "my fingers itch to fight" instead of playing nanny all the time :)

Deceptistar wrote:
    the same thing that does to pple who buy +70HP'ed ornaments for a high price

Hmmm... I'm quite reluctant to deprive my cleric of all the precious MAG she can get, not sure I'll raise VIT to 20. I thought I was being bold to bring it from 3 to 10. We'll see.

Stat books are something to be exlored...

Well, it's not the end of the road just yet for me and I do feel like a noob all over again what with the new maps (Lunar, Lothranis and Momagamon, etc etc) to explore and adjust to and so forth.

To be honest tho, cleric is a costly class to play but I'm not sure about the others, they might be as well, like Herc'ed and Nix'ed venos spend a fortune for their pets, etc.

When I get tired of playing my cleric, I hop on my (lev 63) Psychic which, so far, is a lot of fun to play and helps bring down the frustration or boredom I sometimes feel from playing my Cleric. After all, it's been a little over 15 months but I still enjoy it.

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    edited March 2010
    Options
    20 Vit is the FAC limit? I must have missed that paragraph in the FAC guide! b:chuckleb:heart
    no idea but i sure aint sacrificing more VIT at least atm. <3MAG<3
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Congratulations on level 90! It had always been my "endgame" goal to get the sage/demon fairy and TT90s gear and I get happy when my fellow clerics achieve the same b:victory

Except now I am pretty bored of being everyone's healslave for god knows how many BHs that people seem to looooove doing...and I've been 90 for about 3 months b:surrender

May your fighting spirit stay more entertained with the best class in pwi!
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Congratulations on level 90! It had always been my "endgame" goal to get the sage/demon fairy and TT90s gear and I get happy when my fellow clerics achieve the same b:victory

Thank you, same to you. From here on, I'm not really sure where I'm going but I'll have some fun in the new areas open to me and see what happens.

OT: regarding the quest about the brothers (given by Demon master) I really wonder where they are. I've searched the forums for that quest but can't find it. Do you have any idea?

May your fighting spirit stay more entertained with the best class in pwi!

Indeed it is, tks again :)
    Crafting:
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Congrats I bet you are going demon.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • /Billion - Heavens Tear
    /Billion - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    grats! i want 90 QQ...

i should have it by the end of april thereabouts...
  • Healer_Jenn - Heavens Tear
    Healer_Jenn - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Life as a cleric 90+ is a pain at time, yeah everyone seems to want to use you as a slave...if you let them. I help in FBs, culti, Bosses, Token runs and thats it. I am Hellions Leader and DO NOT have the time to run for everything. Heck hard enough to run my own 5 BHs, never mind running someone elses. Not to mention the lack of actual quest you get after 90. Me and my husband get so bored at times playing our mains that we move to our 2nd married set thats only lvl 54. Well lol, Im done have fun see you in game b:bye
  • Ahira - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    mulanrouge wrote: »
    Ahira always seems to get it right. Well, most of the time b:cute

Not always! b:chuckle
    Life as a cleric 90+ is a pain at time, yeah everyone seems to want to use you as a slave...if you let them. I help in FBs, culti, Bosses, Token runs and thats it. I am Hellions Leader and DO NOT have the time to run for everything. Heck hard enough to run my own 5 BHs, never mind running someone elses. Not to mention the lack of actual quest you get after 90. Me and my husband get so bored at times playing our mains that we move to our 2nd married set thats only lvl 54. Well lol, Im done have fun see you in game b:bye

I've known alot of officers/leaders in guilds that feel they have to help their guildies all the time- they all seem to get fed up and quit faster than everyone else.

People have 2nd married sets now.. b:shocked
    --Retired--

• anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    congrats on the lvlb:victory
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Not always! b:chuckle

I've known alot of officers/leaders in guilds that feel they have to help their guildies all the time- they all seem to get fed up and quit faster than everyone else.

People have 2nd married sets now.. b:shocked

I only feel I need to help on Bosses, FBs Culti and Tokens, anything over and above is up to my and my husband, as we are the highest in the faction atm. I do encourage the rest of the faction to help eachother, as should be the case, and we do only run those things I mentioned on certain days...Tues, Thurs and Sat, which everyone is aware are our 'Boss Days'. This way we have time for our own things as well. b:surrender we use to run bosses as they came and it was crazy...same boss 7 times in 1 day or same bosses everyday, so we changed it.

b:chuckle Yes people have 2nd married sets now, we are actually working on marrying our tideborns as well, but only after our 2nd set hits 70. Then again we met in game and are now dating in real life, so why not.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle Yes people have 2nd married sets now, we are actually working on marrying our tideborns as well, but only after our 2nd set hits 70. Then again we met in game and are now dating in real life, so why not.

... so potentially you could end up married x 4!? 0_0!!
    --Retired--

edited March 2010
    Options
    ... so potentially you could end up married x 4!? 0_0!!

Maybe if he made another char, he only has 3 atm, I have 17, so yeah if he was to make a new one we would probably marry the new one to one of my all ready existing ones. Thats what we did for my Archer, he made a Cleric to marry her.
  • emiliokatrea
    emiliokatrea Posts: 0
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Why 20 vit??? To get 200hp?? lol
    edited March 2010
    Options
    MystiMonk wrote:
    Congrats I bet you are going demon.

You bet right and thank you :)

/Billion wrote:
    grats! i want 90 QQ...

i should have it by the end of april thereabouts...

Thanks and the best of luck to you too! I turned 80 last August and it took me all this time to 90 but I must admit I built a Tideborn who's now 66, so maybe that slowed me down some.

Healer_Jenn wrote:
    Life as a cleric 90+ is a pain at time, yeah everyone seems to want to use you as a slave...if you let them. I help in FBs, culti, Bosses, Token runs and thats it. I am Hellions Leader and DO NOT have the time to run for everything. Heck hard enough to run my own 5 BHs, never mind running someone elses. Not to mention the lack of actual quest you get after 90. Me and my husband get so bored at times playing our mains that we move to our 2nd married set thats only lvl 54. Well lol, Im done have fun see you in game

That's the spirit. Switching characters makes it more fun. Actually, my quest log is filled with quests I definitely can't solo and tbh, no one's interested in them either. Hmmm...

anwynd wrote:
    congrats on the lvl

Ty ty :)

At this moment, in the game, FF is about the more fun instance to run, but very costly on charms. Well, I really hope they fix Lunar soon...

Good luck to all of you, brave Clerics

b:victory
    Crafting:
  • abcyang
    abcyang Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    separate post started with this message

Gratz on 90.....

Since there is such a bunch of friendly high level clerics, I'm wondering if I can get a few opinions.... I have read many guides but high level stuff doesnt seem to have much info about it......

Ive been sitting on lvl 79 now for a while, have almost all quests done, have levelled a heap of skills..... both heal and dd.....

Now Im wondering on when/how to go to 80 and beyond. Money is a problem for me and I grind most of it - so a 70k+ cs scares me!! Can some of you tell your story past 80 and what you did right, or what you realize you should have done differently...... skills you;ve found are the absolute best, and ones you never use etc etc

I dont see how I can AOE grind with any success. When I aoe a couple of mobs, like dazzlewings for example with razor feathers then I still have to wield thunder, cylcone and heal myself as I finish them off individually... what am I doing wrong

What weapons does everyone like after 80, I'm thinking of decomposing my acalantha wand and getting the next one..... thoughts......

Anything you think relevant after 80, I wanna read abut it. Tks in advance.