Hairstyles for different classes

Options
cinnamonsugar
cinnamonsugar Posts: 5 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Just wondering...

I've seen alot of players with hairstyles that only a certain class has. I heard that it was bannable, just like changing the color of the veno's tail. Is it still that way? I mean, is it still possible to get banned if I modified my veno to use one of the TB hairstyle.
Post edited by cinnamonsugar on

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yes it is. Moving the said files is bannable because the Tideborn hair is not intended to be used on Venomancers.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Lykan - Dreamweaver
    Lykan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This has been asked and answered several times. It has also been definitively answered by Spoons before his departure. Moving the .ini files from 1 folder to another is NOT a banning offense. Opening said .ini files with a text editor however is.
  • cinnamonsugar
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This has been asked and answered several times. It has also been definitively answered by Spoons before his departure. Moving the .ini files from 1 folder to another is NOT a banning offense. Opening said .ini files with a text editor however is.

Copy the file and pasting it isnt ban-able? b:cute Sorry I used the forum search but nothing came up =\ maybe I'm forum simple
  • SinCityChick - Dreamweaver
    SinCityChick - Dreamweaver Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It might not be bannable to move them, but to then use them in-game? It wouldn't be obvious that it was just moved, so it might cause more people to play with the files. I would think that they would just make it an overall bannable offense so that they don't have to study a character in-depth (like they have THAT much time) to determine whether they broke the rules or not.

P.S.~ OP- If you have to ask, it's probably better if you don't do it.
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
    Andracil (teh BEST MOD EVER!)
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yes it is.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • cinnamonsugar
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I just wont mess with anything I suppose =< to be on the safe side b:sweat
  • SinCityChick - Dreamweaver
    SinCityChick - Dreamweaver Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Probably a good idea. Trust me, if it weren't bannable, a lot of people would be moving hairstyles between classes. You aren't the first one to ask, and I can assume you won't be the last either.
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
    Andracil (teh BEST MOD EVER!)
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Erm, it's best not to touch the in game files at all. It's all bannable, in any case. Much safer to just leave everything the way it is and try not to question the rules. b:surrender
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This has been asked and answered several times. It has also been definitively answered by Spoons before his departure. Moving the .ini files from 1 folder to another is NOT a banning offense.

Spoons never said that. What he did say is that moving files to give another race a race-specific feature (tideborn hair on a veno, for instance) is bannable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Spoons never said that. What he did say is that moving files to give another race a race-specific feature (tideborn hair on a veno, for instance) is bannable.

^This

Otherwise, I'd imagine if you worked hard enough, you could make a Barbarian blademaster.

While that would be epic it would be soooo confusing x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I saw a female sin today with human wiz hair b:surrender
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6046272&postcount=5

tideborn hair on non-tideborn characters = a warning. multiple warnings will = ban.

human/untamed/elf hair on a tideborn = same as above.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    get your facts straight, spoons said its not permitted aka bannable

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6457152&postcount=18
    "As we have previously stated. using a tideborn specific hairstyle on another race is not permitted."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lmao star. stop trolling. 3.8k posts, jesus christ. o.O
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lmao star. stop trolling. 3.8k posts, jesus christ. o.O
    thanks to that i remember alot of forum topics tho :-3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan