Rate the GMs

2»

Comments

• MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I think your poll is somewhat biased, it jumps from poor to good...

We don't have a clear idea on what is being planned for the game, and announcements like new servers are done with little notice. Important balance issues remain to be addressed. I do realize this may not be the GMs fault per se, but since they're the visible part of PW staff, there really is no else we can turn to. I dislike PWI's policy of keeping comunication to the bare minimum.

Issues which GM supervission could easily solve, like TW, are routinely ignored. Now, people who insist that we should be fair to GMs do have a point and i've never endorsed disrespecting them or treating them with anything but courtesy. But if the PR part of their job is mainly to placate us while giving out as little answers as possible then they do share in the responsability. I don't believe in the Nuremberg defense...
  • SinCityChick - Dreamweaver
    SinCityChick - Dreamweaver Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I think your poll is somewhat biased, it jumps from poor to good...

We don't have a clear idea on what is being planned for the game, and announcements like new servers are done with little notice. Important balance issues remain to be addressed. I do realize this may not be the GMs fault per se, but since they're the visible part of PW staff, there really is no else we can turn to. I dislike PWI's policy of keeping comunication to the bare minimum.

Issues which GM supervission could easily solve, like TW, are routinely ignored. Now, people who insist that we should be fair to GMs do have a point and i've never endorsed disrespecting them or treating them with anything but courtesy. But if the PR part of their job is mainly to placate us while giving out as little answers as possible then they do share in the responsability. I don't believe in the Nuremberg defense...

but what about the OK (3)
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
    Andracil (teh BEST MOD EVER!)
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    My bad, i meant to type OK, which does have positive connotations.
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lol, if any of you ever played any of the other "free to play" mmos out there, youd soon realize that our GMs are godly in comparison.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I voted 3, however I think they're doing slightly better than that than worse. They are active and do take care of problems, as well as having a planned event or two on occasion.

I would like to see more events held bi-montly... certainly I think they could fit them in, it's just what they can do to actually further everyone's enjoyment. I'd just like to see them have more planned activities, and against the nay-sayers, even a badly implemented unique event is better than nothing.

The cube contest was amazing... sure it limited who would actually do it because there is a level requirement and you need dice tickets and possibly do-alls, but still, that was great fun.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    A greater sense of GM presence on the servers would also help too. Even if it's just smacking some worldchatters down, it would be an improvement.

+10000

I'd really like to see a WC cleanup in game like aryan was talking about enforcing more on the forums.

I dont know if the GM's pm ppl for some of the WC conversations that go on but sometimes the content is horrible and there are a ton of filter bypasses. (Yes I know I can turn off WC but I am always looking for fbs that come up to get bhs done onb:surrender) I would love to see something come over WC like GM: "take this conversation to pms or be prepared to eb teleported on top of swordtamer " ok maybe not that but you get the idea
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    me voted 1
    even though they be out to stop me ebil ebil plans.
    (>.<)
    lolbugreport-1.jpg

("')(O.o)("')
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    me voted 1
    (>.<)
    lolbugreport-1.jpg

("')(O.o)("')

lol

*submits another ticket* >.>
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I voted 3, however I think they're doing slightly better than that than worse. They are active and do take care of problems, as well as having a planned event or two on occasion.

I would like to see more events held bi-montly... certainly I think they could fit them in, it's just what they can do to actually further everyone's enjoyment. I'd just like to see them have more planned activities, and against the nay-sayers, even a badly implemented unique event is better than nothing.

The cube contest was amazing... sure it limited who would actually do it because there is a level requirement and you need dice tickets and possibly do-alls, but still, that was great fun.

The events right now are just the start. More are coming Frankieraye and the other GM's are always looking for more ideas. From what I have been told it is a regular thing from now on to have events for each server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    The events right now are just the start. More are coming Frankieraye and the other GM's are always looking for more ideas. From what I have been told it is a regular thing from now on to have events for each server.

Nice to know. :)

And I'm sure the GMs would appreciate that it seems the majority of voters seem to think they're at least doing ok. Any president with the current approval rating should be ecstatic. lol
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I think GMs are doing great. The events are something nice to see and glad to see them do their best.

Can't wait for what else they have in store for usb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • XMidKnight - Lost City
    XMidKnight - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    me voted 1
    (>.<)
    lolbugreport-1.jpg

("')(O.o)("')

LOL b:thanks

Your better off asking about ur GMs individually. Some GMs do a great job while others..mehh.

Ive witnessed friends being temp banned for using mildly "offensive" language in WorldChat meanwhile ive seen other people trash talk and bot and reported them. Then the next day i see them botting again. GG.

I think alot of GMs are just lazy and above themselves. I think maybe the higher ranks need to pay more attention to how much work they are actually doing. I cant give a vote as it is unfair to the hard working GMs..

Frankie <3
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lol

*submits another ticket* >.>

wait wha.....
    what's that off in the distance?
    O_o
    zmog a light~~
    Dx
    oh noes me are fading!
    fading~~~
    fading~~~~~~
    (>.<)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    doubt the GMs are slacking off >.>
    altho there are alot of other questionable things (slow being one of them..)...i give the benefit of the doubt.

compared to full on famous paying game companies, how many things do the U.S. pwi GMs have to multi task? Unlike the beijing side, the US side was only founded in 2008, If you look at their CAREER section they have ALOT of spaces still open that i see in other companies already filled. China is making them catch up at a pace, with new games and updates, that a new 2year old company usually would not handle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • seaside2
    seaside2 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Sense January of 09 I have never seen a GM on the game, I hear people shouting for them all the time, but never to get a responce. PWI says GM's cannot attend to all game issues .. WHY is this???? OHHHHHHHHHH The game is free, and they are surely not about to pay people to help people playing the "FREE" game...BUT there is a catch,,, it was brought to my attention,, you can BUY the GM's help,, case and point,,, on my brothers server,, a person paid over $500 to a GM for level 12+ armor, is this fair damn straight...SOOOOOOOOOOOOO if you want help from a GM you just need to line their pocket,,,remember,,, all is fair where money is concerned...REMEMBER PEOPLE, GM'S ARE NOT ON THE GAME TO HELP,,, ONLY TO BAN AND KEEP TROUBLE OUT.....
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    seaside2 wrote: »
    Sense January of 09 I have never seen a GM on the game, I hear people shouting for them all the time, but never to get a responce. PWI says GM's cannot attend to all game issues .. WHY is this???? OHHHHHHHHHH The game is free, and they are surely not about to pay people to help people playing the "FREE" game...BUT there is a catch,,, it was brought to my attention,, you can BUY the GM's help,, case and point,,, on my brothers server,, a person paid over $500 to a GM for level 12+ armor, is this fair damn straight...SOOOOOOOOOOOOO if you want help from a GM you just need to line their pocket,,,remember,,, all is fair where money is concerned...REMEMBER PEOPLE, GM'S ARE NOT ON THE GAME TO HELP,,, ONLY TO BAN AND KEEP TROUBLE OUT.....

Again, GM's will pretty much never respond to a Teleacoustic (unless it's during an in-game event b:victory).

Secondly, your brother's server, eh? Which server was that? If a GM really did such a thing, there would be some pretty swift punishment in store for him/her. Please either PM me the whole story with details, or submit a support ticket with details.
  • Samsoul - Lost City
    Samsoul - Lost City Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Eh I agree. I reckon the GMs could do with a bit more activity in-game. Maybe arrange it so at least 1 is active during different time-zones. Of course they all come from the same place, so that might be a bit difficult. On the forums the GMs are rockin' though, admins too :P

My advice is to maybe be a bit more active in-game. Less events, more rule enforcing. :)
    Samsoul - fail psychic of Lost City!

...I will melt your brain... and decrease your IQ by 150...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]