Coral packs

Options
Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Are the coral packs worse than anni packs? Why the hell are they called Lucky Coral too!?

Ive opened 175 coral packs and all ive got was 1 plat MP charm and 1 champ scroll. If i opened 175 anni packs i would of got so much more.
Post edited by Drmelvin - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• BLASTEN - Heavens Tear
    BLASTEN - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    haha, they came out, this morning? who knows what lies in them. to early to ask that question imo b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Megalomania - Harshlands
    Megalomania - Harshlands Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/21466

I got 2 Best luck tokens and rest were lucky tokens. Well that's 10mill at least b:pleased
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Another thread about what you get, but with confusing titte :
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=658532
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I got a tome of scroll in 17 coral packs. I got nothing from 100 anni packs.

Luck is luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ive opened 175 coral packs and all ive got was 1 plat MP charm and 1 champ scroll.

OMG that's all I got QQQQQ

dunno about there, but over here Championship Scroll goes for about 40m. Many people have opened far more and gotten much less.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    OMG that's all I got QQQQQ

dunno about there, but over here Championship Scroll goes for about 40m. Many people have opened far more and gotten much less.

Ive seen them go for 9m today on HT
  • Darg_race - Sanctuary
    Darg_race - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well, i just bought 31 Lucky Corals and opened all of them. Guess what i got from them...?

450 Token of Luck and one Joy Ride Pass (b:shocked)

In order to get this pass from the packs, you only have 0.01% chance of getting it according to the database o.O

Time to get myself a pair of new wings

b:laughb:chuckle
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ive seen them go for 9m today on HT

Wow... that's.... incredibly cheap for a G13 item.
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The cash shoppers are getting ownedb:laugh
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:embarrass my wife opened over 100 got maybe 2 best luck

b:chuckle I ain't buying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You do know that these are purchasable via coins (indirectly) right?

I opened 150. Got a best luck, plat hp, diamond, lunar wep.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You do know that these are purchasable via coins (indirectly) right?

I opened 150. Got a best luck, plat hp, diamond, lunar wep.

b:cry Give me your lunar weap nao! U're not even 95 yet, u don't need it b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Wow... that's.... incredibly cheap for a G13 item.

Thats why i wasnt really excited about it, lunar wep and frost wep have gone up in price by like 15m on each
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:embarrass my wife opened over 100 got maybe 2 best luck

2 Tokens of Best Luck =10m coin. 1470 tokens @ 15k ea = a total of about 22m. Depending on gold prices there, she pretty much broke even... if she waits to sell the tokens when they're near 20k ea... profit. Not bad if you ask me.
  • hilltrot
    hilltrot Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    So I look at the items that are possible with the coral, so I slap 45 gold down to get 50. All I got was 750 perfect tokens of luck. . . . .

The exact same thing repeatedly.

My personal opinion is that you should save your money.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    2 Tokens of Best Luck =10m coin. 1470 tokens @ 15k ea = a total of about 22m. Depending on gold prices there, she pretty much broke even... if she waits to sell the tokens when they're near 20k ea... profit. Not bad if you ask me.
    If you compare the two, the coral packs are not as good as the anniv packs. Except for the addition of the uncanny/rapture packs and the chance to get a warsong marshal's badge, your chance to get nearly any prize worth over ~30 mil has been removed or reduced.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/21385
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/20191

Furthermore, your chance to get anything except the booby prizes (luck tokens, plat charm, tiger/dragon, best luck - all are worth ~5 mil or less) is only 0.43%. So to be fairly certain you'll get something other than a booby prize (say, a 90% certainty), you need to purchase ~535 coral packs.

Buy them if you enjoy gambling. But don't expect to break even on them. There's a reason the price of gold was going down last time they were out, while gold prices nearly always went up while anniv packs were out.

For those not into gambling, I would recommend just buying tokens to make the stuff you want. Maybe reselling after the packs go away.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If you compare the two, the coral packs are not as good as the anniv packs. Except for the addition of the uncanny/rapture packs and the chance to get a warsong marshal's badge, your chance to get nearly any prize worth over ~30 mil has been removed or reduced.

Yes, I agree. I only spent about 40 gold on the Coral Packs when they first came out... I can't, and don't want to imagine how much I spent on Annipacks... not as much as many, but a considerable chunk of change.

I realized it was much cheaper and more effective to find the items I wanted at a reasonable price than trying to "win" them.

Some people are just very lucky, my account does not seem to be one of them though. And, yes, I'm fairly certain that some accounts have more 'luck' than others, but what means in the code, I'm not sure.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The Coral packs are a source of *tokens*.

Anything else is a *bonus*.

RedMenace

\can't believe people still dont understand this
    \\it's not a lottery ticket
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • hilltrot
    hilltrot Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

RedMenace

From the advertisement on coral packs for Perfect world,

"The Lucky Coral chance box is back, and with it comes the opportunity to win great prizes including charms, gems, tokens, and rare mounts! Once purchased from the Boutique, all you have to do is right-click the box; your prize will appear after a few moments! Don't forget, you need to have space in your inventory for the prize to appear!"

Tokens is actually listed 3rd! And no, it says nothing about them being the source of luck tokens.

\I can't believe people don't understand how there could be a misunderstanding.

\\ It is a lottery ticket. You're absolutely assured of getting **** unless you're really, really lucky.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    hilltrot wrote: »
    From the advertisement on coral packs for Perfect world,

"The Lucky Coral chance box is back, and with it comes the opportunity to win great prizes including charms, gems, tokens, and rare mounts! Once purchased from the Boutique, all you have to do is right-click the box; your prize will appear after a few moments! Don't forget, you need to have space in your inventory for the prize to appear!"

Tokens is actually listed 3rd! And no, it says nothing about them being the source of luck tokens.

\I can't believe people don't understand how there could be a misunderstanding.

\\ It is a lottery ticket. You're absolutely assured of getting **** unless you're really, really lucky.

And yet somehow these lucky chances skyrocket the Gold prices. After all, at 15k Tokens, your average Lucky Coral would give you an exchange rate of 225k per Gold, but yet you see Gold at 400k+.

Though, I wonder, would the theoretical average price for Gold gotten from the data in PWDB per Lucky Coral accurately reflect reality? Of course, this would require estimates coin values for all the items inside, plus a little bit of time.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

RedMenace

Coral packs suck as a source of tokens. With gold at 400k (what it's current at on HT), tokens would cost 26.7k. Why would anyone spend 26.7k per token when they can buy them from a cat shop for 14k?

The only reason tokens cost 14k-20k is because people treat the packs as lottery tickets. They buy a pack for 400k, dump the tokens for 14k (210k recovered), and use the coin to buy another pack to gamble again.
    Though, I wonder, would the theoretical average price for Gold gotten from the data in PWDB per Lucky Coral accurately reflect reality? Of course, this would require estimates coin values for all the items inside, plus a little bit of time.
    That's why I said anniv packs were better. That's exactly what I did, based on the market prices I'd figured out from buying and selling many of the prizes. The anniv packs were just about break even, so the inflationary effect of the best luck tokens caused the price of gold to rise. The coral packs are net losses on average, which caused the price of gold to fall from the initial spike when they were first introduced and everyone assumed they were like anniv packs.
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    boo4u wrote: »
    im always wondering on people who can buy 40-1000 coral packs @400k+each in bulk..where in the hel lare they getting this coin from lol..cant be selling gold cause it takes gold to get one.Last time i jsut sold coral packs and traded packs for things and opened maybe 20$ for myself in wich i did get a stone of savant and 3 best of lucks.Traded 1 best of luck to make my tt 90 leggings and sold savant stone..used money to lvl up skills and other ****.

Because there are guys like this around.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=648262&page=4
  • mrmcnasty1
    mrmcnasty1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Oh Gms why would you hurt yourselfs buy lowering the sucess rate on packs then bring them back. From what I have read this is disapponting. I would be very upset to spend 175 dallors for no true in game value.
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Packs are a disgrace, because the way they work is like gambling. And literally, with real money (boutique item)

I can't believe you actually have a tiny chance to get stuff worth hundreds of millions from them, or almost impossible to get from the game.

Why not add a Warsoul weapon with 0.001% chance while you're at it? /sarcasm

Seriously this totally disturbs everything, some lucky people may get awesome stuff on a few packs, other rich ones spend tons and getting something worthwhile or NOT getting anything good at all. And the people who actually play the game and try to get those things the normal way (which is a huge torment), will be extremely disappointed to see some guy with leet stuff he can't even use just because he was lucky with packs.

I have no words to describe how pissed I am on these packs, how they work, and what they can give. Disgraceful.

Ofc, just my opinion/QQ. Let the bashing begin.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    used 19 gold i had lying around and bought 20 corals, 19 were tokens, 1 was a primeval stone
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Aren't they the same just renamed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    No they not same. Btw there another thread about these . . before, but anyway here links to item database.

Lucky Coral

Anniversary Pack

If you asking me Lucky Coral contains much more items.
    Compared to anni pack some might get lower chance but some other get higher chance.
    Biggest difference :
    Coral : chance to get token 98% , best luck (0,72%)
    Anni : chance to get token 97%, best luck (1,715%)

Coral has better chance to get spirit plat charm, sapphire gem, wing trophy lunar glade.
    Worse on Lunar glade insignia weapon, ornament, frost covered, wing trophy, garnet gem, citrine gem, scroll tome.

Btw i get lunar glade insignia weapon. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You are much more likely to get a scroll of tome from an anni pack then from a coral.

Anni pack: 0.01%
    Coral: 0.002%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]