Cave of Sadistic Glee

Grimly - Heavens Tear
Grimly - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Many people are confused by the quest for the Ultimate Fire/Water Orbs in the Cave of Sadistic Glee. I am not sure if the quest is bugged, or if it is just designed to not be logical. When you begin, you will get a quest to get either the fire or water orb based upon which tower you flew to in the Two Towers quest when you were lvl 50. Here is where things begin to get strange. Just like how you were only able to get a reward for one tower, YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO GET A QUEST FOR ONE KIND OF ORB!.

What you do NOT want to do is the following: Kill the boss, then turn it in to the Leader of Immolation where he will give you a quest to turn in both orbs. If you do this, you will not be able to get either orb to drop ever again, even if you kill the bosses. You will then be forced to buy the other orb from someone.

What you DO want to do is thi: Kill the boss you have the quest for. After you get that orb too drop, temporarily give the orb to someone else in your party, and kill the boss again. DO THIS BEFORE YOU GO TALK TO THE LEADER OF IMMOLATION! As long as you have the quest, and the orb is not in your inventory, you will be able to get the orb to drop every time you kill the boss. Once you kill the boss a second time get the one you had someone hold for you back. You now have two of the same orb in your inventory. One of them to turn in, and one of them for trade. You must now find a person that has the quest for the opposite type of orb. If that person follows the same procedure, you will have 2 of orb X, and they will have 2 of orb Y. At that time you can trade eachother your extra orbs, and you now both have the two orbs needed to complete the quest. Hope this helps
Post edited by Grimly - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• PerfectStarr - Harshlands
    PerfectStarr - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ok does anyone know what to do if it was too late and u did the one part of the quest and turned it in?
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ok does anyone know what to do if it was too late and u did the one part of the quest and turned it in?

Ask your friends / faction if they have anyone with active quest. Go with them and help them kill bossess. Kill them again and again, until you have enough orbs for everyone that needs, and few more to keep in faction bank for later...
    There always will be someone who didnt know, or forgot or was distracted and turned in first quest, farm both bossess for as many orbs as you can get... and remember to pass orbs to someone / exchange orbs after each kill, person with quest gets orb ONKY if they dont have one in inventory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slearn - Sanctuary
    Slearn - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You occasionally see the fire and water drops for sale in Immolation Camp at catshops.
    That might be your only way to proceed to the second quest if you have handed in the first one and can't find anyone who can help.

It's unfortunate that a quest with a built-in failure exists, but it's been that way for a long time and I truly have no expectations that it will be fixed or the message wording changed. That I really don't understand and I'm not being cynical.

Heck even some warning that that quest you did 30 levels ago had an effect on this one would be nice. (Wife and I both chose the same path on the towers .... sigh)