Trophy Mode Guide!

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Dungeons & Tactics
Trophy Mode Guide
Eden and Brimstone Pit

Overview
So you think your squad's hot stuff? Now's the time to prove it! Trophy Mode requires your squad to overcome your enemies as quickly as possible. Give it a try and show everyone just how awesome you are.

When your squad is ready for Trophy Mode, the first thing you'll need to do is to seek out a Celestial Messenger NPC. They can be located outside the entrance of your preferred dungeon. Currently, you can choose from the following dungeons: Eden and Brimstone Pit. To begin, make sure that all the squad members are near the Celestial Messenger and have the squad leader pay the fee of 600,000 coins.

Scenarios
When you speak with the Celestial Messenger about Trophy Mode, you will be asked to choose between two types of scenarios: Shared and Greedy.

Shared - All of the Reputation earned will be split amongst all squad members.

Greedy - All of the Reputation earned will go to the squad leader.

After selecting the type of scenario that your squad wants to do, everybody will be teleported into the dungeon. Once everybody receives a Token of Trophy or Badge of Trophy (this depends on the type of scenario), it's time to start the challenge.

Goal
The goal of Trophy Mode is simple: kill as many monsters as quickly as possible. To end the challenge, your squad will need to slay the appropriate boss monster for that dungeon. The required bosses are as follows:
Eden: Phlebo
Brimstone Pit: Ethereal Abomination

Note: Killing the above bosses will end your challenge. Make sure you are ready to end the challenge before killing them!

There are a few things to keep in mind while doing Trophy Mode:

1) Do not leave the instance until after you are done with Trophy Mode. Any action that causes you to leave the dungeon, such as teleporting, dying, and logging out, will cause you to lose the Token/Badge of Trophy. This item is required to claim your reward at the end of the challenge.

2) Achieve a Combat Score of at least 10,000. If you don't reach this minimum score, your squad won't be graded.

3) The squad leader has one minute to talk to the NPC after completion. So don't waste any time if you want to reap the rewards!

4) Stick together! You won't be able to receive your rewards if a squad member is out of range. This goes hand in hand with the previous tip.

5) Remember to reset the dungeon if you want to do it again. Otherwise, your squad won't be able to collect the rewards.

Scoring
When you complete Trophy Mode, your squad will be given a final grade based on how well you did overall. The scoring criteria will be based on the following:

1) Combat Score - Monsters are assigned different point values depending on their type. Your squad will need to score at least 10,000 points to be eligible to be graded by the system.

2) Time - Speed is the name of the game. The faster you complete Trophy Mode, the better your final score will be.

Rewards
If your squad did well enough, everybody will receive a medal. The medal's quality indicates how well your squad did overall during that session. The quality of medals range from Bronze, Silver, to Gold. These can be redeemed at the corresponding Celestial Messenger for rewards.

In addition to the medals, Reputation will be distributed according to what type of scenario was chosen. In the Shared scenario, everybody receives one. But in the Greedy scenario, the squad's leader will receive all of them.
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    O_O!

Interesting!

Me likey! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Pimp, can't wait...

Any trophy mode capes?
  • Aluraine - Sanctuary
    Aluraine - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Does it have to be a full squad, min of 4 ppl, or can 2 players just do it?
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Wow, this looks cool. :o I'm not high enough to be able to try it out well, but when I level up a bit more, I'll definitely be doing this b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Tsaina - Dreamweaver
    Tsaina - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    this could be interesting. although i think it could be a really long time till im at a level where i can participate.
  • sihndra
    sihndra Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Players are encouraged to wear headbands at their computers while running Trophy Mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Sihndra wrote: »
    Players are encouraged to wear headbands at their computers while running Trophy Mode.

Only if the GMs take a group picture of them all in headbands as well. b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Elvindor - Heavens Tear
    Elvindor - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    oh nice thanks frankie...imma try it as soon as i logg into tomorrow b:victory
  • The_Seeker_C - Heavens Tear
    The_Seeker_C - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hmmmmm sounds gud b:victory
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Nice!

But I dislike the part of 600K b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands
    Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    sounds interesting. well, too low lvl to participate.

i was wondering if GMs can give us a list of how much rep will be awarded for those medals.
    considering about the price of wraith officer badges, may not worth it.
  • Asila - Lost City
    Asila - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Pimp, can't wait...

Any trophy mode capes?

this maybe: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/15781
  • King_Asmodei - Lost City
    King_Asmodei - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    im just wondering if any lower lvl instances will be getting trophy mode? like fb51,69,79???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sigh* I started as one of the few fists bms. I was ridiculed left and right now ur laughed at if you're not a fist bm. b:surrender
  • Darkir - Dreamweaver
    Darkir - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lol this sounds interesting, I'm looking forward to it
  • mugger
    mugger Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    all well in good if u are a high lvl otherwise u cant go to either place. what about lower lvls that wish to try the same thing?
  • Kyzarin - Raging Tide
    Kyzarin - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I agree. A lot of us don't have characters that high level yet, and I'm sure most of us would like a way to get in on this. My suggestion: Allow it for all FB dungeons, but scale the initial gold cost, requirements, and rewards accordingly.
  • JoHnNyPh - Sanctuary
    JoHnNyPh - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    trophy mode has been available to the tp lvl's for quite a while, did a couple run in fb99's of them, very fun to do, and takes a lot of teamwork, voice chat is a good choice for these, but always fun, unwined fb99 is awesome to try do fast.
    Sage BM, hated by many,and i hate you all aswell b:cute
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hopefully this is joke. These robes are for laughing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • abeast1966
    abeast1966 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Shame only the strongest players get a reward.....would have been a great idea if everyone was to benefit. So PWI stupid idea to only reward a selected few.b:angryb:shutupb:cry
    edited March 2010
    abeast1966 wrote: »
    Shame only the strongest players get a reward.....would have been a great idea if everyone was to benefit. So PWI stupid idea to only reward a selected few.b:angryb:shutupb:cry

Look. I also didn't have chance to do public quest. First public quest give you good rewards. Second PQ what I could do is not worth it. You get nothing. Third one PQ I don't know yet I just level up to 100.
    So Should I complain why they do second PQ so useless? And why I couldn't do first PQ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    I think none player will agree with second option. To all reputation just for leader. And worse thing is, I just level up. So I will nor receive BH eden or brim anymore. :-(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kayllan - Harshlands
    Kayllan - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Ohhh nice!
  • Daialura - Heavens Tear
    Daialura - Heavens Tear Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    In the Shared scenario, everybody receives one.

Eh... One of which Darkness Stamp exactly? I doubt it's gonna really be worth it even if it's a level 9 stamp. 200k for 12 rep? No thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And still too squishy...
  • Roansillis - Sanctuary
    Roansillis - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Woop Cant W8 Looks liek ill be busy tomorrows oooo my avitar need a update lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Knowledge is nothing without Imagination!!

Listen to your heart and design...-- Roansillis(Santuary).
  • Healing_Kiss - Sanctuary
    Healing_Kiss - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Wow...sounds like fun. Am looking forward to trying thisb:pleased
  • Mytaz - Heavens Tear
    Mytaz - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    600k is alot of coins lol b:shockedb:shockedb:chuckle
    b:thanksb:coolb:faintb:bye
  • Wulven - Dreamweaver
    Wulven - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Oh goody. Yet another event dealio that bows down and praises the high levels while I have been stuck on my level 50 quests for months now. I have lost hope of ever seeing lv60... not to mention more additions when current contests and such can't even get resolved...
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I had written a guide months ago from running FB99 Heaven Trophy. It was a ton of run and crazy.

Here is the 99 run map: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/jspurge23/HeavensPurgatoryFB99.jpg
    (FYI - this was sent into PWI and they have this copy of mine so please do not copy as own)

Here are the rewards --> Keep in mind for fb99 you needed to complete the entire thing unwined within 16minutes.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/jspurge23/TokenExchange1.jpg
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/jspurge23/TokenExchange2.jpg

Although getting these "prizes" are harder then just one run b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hopefully this is joke. These robes are for laughing.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/21419

PWDatabase still doesn't have the right stats for the lunar capes. What makes you honestly think the stats on these ones are any more accurate?

As for the topic at hand, while I wouldn't mind seeing a lower level version of this (with a squad level check to avoid things like having some high level squad utterly destroy a dungeon so the low level squad leader can get this), right now I'm just happy that this has finally been implemented here.

For those QQing over the price, not only do we not know what level stamps (as well as the full scale of rewards), but seriously? Complaining about 600k? That's 100k per person in the squad and if you're complaining about a measly 100k at your levels then something is seriously wrong.
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Sounds to me like PWI tele sales gonna hit an all time high with this one, imagine if you will 6 man squad all members pony up their share of the fee leader chooses greedy mode they finish in record time an get nothing for their efforts other than their wallets 100k shorter while the leader reaps the benefits. Second scenario 6 man squad again all put in their share of fee the squad has some pretty fail folks in it, barely able to complete the mission get **** reward at end everyone wanting to blame the other 5 people in squad for the fail and of course those being blamed will want to defend themselves and blame the others. Scenario three involves 6 people who just fail all around and pay 100k each to be made aware of their fail and they too QQ in world chat about each others fail.I would imagine most people will want to do this along side of their BHs in these instances so there's gonna be a high number of random squads which means even more QQ in world chat about people not wanting to pay 100k or paying 100k and failing.

b:laugh I cant wait to read all the drama created by this one b:chuckle