Pure INT VS Light Armor

Options
cjpower
cjpower Posts: 15 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Wizard
EDIT: I deleted this because the people doesn't liked this.

Post edited by cjpower on

Comments

• /Hysteria - Raging Tide
    /Hysteria - Raging Tide Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    cool story bro.
  • GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear
    GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:cryb:cry
    reading this make me want to jump off a building.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Dec-21-10.
  • Belheldar - Harshlands
    Belheldar - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    cjpower wrote: »
    Tips: If you don't want to be killed by melee classes or clerics, follow my tip. The best friend of a Pure INT Wizard is a Mirage stone. Refine ALL your equipment +8, add HP Modifiers to your armour and use HP Stones.

so thats what i'm doing wrong? Ok thatsan easy fix seeing as how +8'ing all your gear, socketing it and filling it with high gems is cheap and all
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    im confused.....whats the point of his post?
  • Mr_Mokona - Lost City
    Mr_Mokona - Lost City Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I hope this post is a joke...
    I get the feeling its not...T_T
  • cjpower
    edited March 2010
    Options
    so thats what i'm doing wrong? Ok thatsan easy fix seeing as how +8'ing all your gear, socketing it and filling it with high gems is cheap and all

Yes. Or more, you need all physical defense and HP possible to success as a pure mage. Oh, and Pure INT Mages has a special equipment which can be useful, search that special kit in Internet, because i don't remember how is it.
  • cjpower
    edited March 2010
    Options
    And... if we don't want to be killed by melee classes AND clerics?

b:shutup

Follow the same tip. Some cleric skills has physical and magical power, and you will have a good defense to resist the attacks.
  • Synthetic - Harshlands
    Synthetic - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ROFL "If you use this build go demon" ROFL If u LA high lvls u fail and should not play wiz. This thread is waste of space.
  • Synthetic - Harshlands
    Synthetic - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

1.Pure INT Build: Ahh, the build I use. This build has the best, the BEST magic attack of all the created builds possible in the world. If you use this build, you should use only Arcane. You will have the worst, worst, worst, WORST and WORST physical defense ever. If you fight with a melee class, (Blademaster, barbarian and archers, they ranged but use physical attacks) you killed in 1, 2 or 3 hits with luck. If you fight with magical classes, they're easy meat for you. Except cleric, they can kill you with only 2 hits. If you use this build, PvE will be hard, you will level slow, but after level 89, the mobs will use magic attacks, so, after that level, reaching level 100 will be more easiest.
    2.If you going to Pure INT, go sage. Everyone dreams with the Sage Black Ice Dragon Strike. It gives you a 30% critical for 10 sec, and this skill damages like me when im angry lol. As your power grow, your MP grow, and you need to win Chi quickly to be powerful and fast.
    3.Tips: If you don't want to be killed by melee classes or clerics, follow my tip. The best friend of a Pure INT Wizard is a Mirage stone. Refine ALL your equipment +8, add HP Modifiers to your armour and use HP Stones. Some of your equipment (not gear) must be for physical defense. If you upgrade your armour to max, you will be the boss. You don't need to upgrade your weapons, if you don't wanna be a monster, but you can do it if you don't like your damage, after all. If you do this, no class will stop you, including clerics. Oh, and if you do a critical Sandstorm on archers or clerics, 1 HIT K.O.

1.WRONG WRONG WRONG ON PDEF
    2. BIDS is used as a finisher on charmed oponents or in a lot of cases an opener and a finisher in higher lvls, who give a poo about the increased crit.... NOT ME
    3.For pete's sake if you refine your gear +8 and add HP stones u will be a high hit pointed toothpick, Socket Mostly Pdef and maybe 1 HP stone per refined item....
    and 4. is this some kind of a joke? are you a barb trying to explain a wiz? as stated before WASTE OF SPACE
  • cjpower
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ROFL "If you use this build go demon" ROFL If u LA high lvls u fail and should not play wiz. This thread is waste of space.

I don't know what happen in your head. My opinion is that the light build sucks. But i must say the pros and cons.
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This thread is win
    I like pie
  • cjpower
    edited March 2010
    Options
    1.WRONG WRONG WRONG ON PDEF
    2. BIDS is used as a finisher on charmed oponents or in a lot of cases an opener and a finisher in higher lvls, who give a poo about the increased crit.... NOT ME
    3.For pete's sake if you refine your gear +8 and add HP stones u will be a high hit pointed toothpick, Socket Mostly Pdef and maybe 1 HP stone per refined item....
    and 4. is this some kind of a joke? are you a barb trying to explain a wiz? as stated before WASTE OF SPACE

Bah, synthetic. I must not response this stupid comment, but i will do.

1- Yea, the Pure INT mage has badass defense. I don't know what level is your wizard but i think you noob.

2- The black ice dragon is a skill. If you understand this, you can stop making stupid comments.

3- And?

4- This one don't make sense. THE MAGE NEED AS INSANE ATTACK AS A DECENT DEFENSE.
  • GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear
    GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This thread is win

Yeah, pure win for making people lose brain cells and their sanity after reading this. b:thanksb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Dec-21-10.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lolz I can't tell if this was meant to be a troll thread of just fail.

@Synthetic: lowbies should not be speculating about end game.. you are so wrong lol
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Belheldar - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i really hope this is a joke, honestly i do
  • Belheldar - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    @at Androit: you just ruined my day, ive been working for months to ditch the term lowbie,and thought i finally succeeded, but here it is again*sigh*
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    In many things I don't agree with OP. But I agree with 1, I think pure is the best way at the end.
    BTW. I killed lv. 100 cleric. I started with sage BT and then sage phoenix. Cleric was healing himself but he didn't have chance. On another side in second duel I was killed by him. I missed one button and it was too late.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    1 - Love the grammar

2 - Love the fact that everyone should refine up to +8 with mirages....hahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

3 - Love the fact that even with the +8 refine tip arcane wizzies apparently have uber-**** pdef. I'm full int arcane with more pdef than a lot of BM/barbs. Admittedly I did have to merchant like a **** to buy my ornaments and refine em, but imho that's nowhere near as hard as refining +8 with mirages

4 - Sorry - did i mentioned the +8 with mirage thing???

5 - No, really....+8 with just mirages???? Honestly??

All joking aside, there are a couple of accurate points in here (Arcane does really hit harder than LA on averageb:laugh), but there are far far far better threads than this out there, and I would also like the OP to have the honesty to display his char. From a personal perspective, no char = no credence given to post.
  • verybadthings
    verybadthings Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ok I m only lvl 85 but PvP wise this is my experience of beeing LA and what I ve seen from arcanes.

We are talking fighting equal level PvP not dueling .. killing lowbies is no challange for any class.

BM's: I can easely kill most BM s my level while arcane got problems with those, arcanes might be able to kill them but run risk to die aswell

Barbs: Can t kill me but If they r charmed I cant kill them either.

Archer:s I survive them and can actually kill them, unless they crit to much then they ll win, arcanes die against archers if they dont attack first.

Sins: well so far sins kill me as easy as arcanes. Popping up stunning and bam bam dead... hmm arcanes die against sins too thought.

Psy: I havent thought many spy, so I have no clue. guess arcanes do better thought thanks to higher mag def.

Veno: If they have high lvl nix I m dead, if they don t they r dead. probably the same for arcanes.

Cler. Hitting first undine + BT kills, If they get chanse to stack ironheart they r hard to kill but you can allways run till it wears off. I guess arcanes are better of here with highe mag def.

So all in all PvP wise.

LA better against all psy damage based classes and arcanes against all mag att based. no chocker.
  • verybadthings
    verybadthings Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I forgot wiz: Fighting LA vs arcane wiz epends on having sparks or not. My BT 1 hit any wiz my lvl while they cant do the same to me. But not having sparks or for some other reson not beeing able to fire of a BT, they do better thanks to higher magic att. and def.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    @at Androit: you just ruined my day, ive been working for months to ditch the term lowbie,and thought i finally succeeded, but here it is again*sigh*

You're a lowbie til 89, brah.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You're a lowbie til 89, brah.

you're a lowbie till 99, brahb:laugh
  • Jestersig - Heavens Tear
    Jestersig - Heavens Tear Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I get a strong sense that the OP hasn't actually played a wizard and all his talk is based on conjecture from what he has read on the forums. I'm also completely surprised that someone who has played perfect world for any reasonable amount of time would suggest using mirage stones to +8 all gear.

You would probably waste hundreds of mirages to get that many pluses on your gear or spend tons of money in cash shop to buy refining stones. Secondly, I don't think you really need to add pluses to any of your gear till late in the game. With the new BH and hyper stones, you're going to lvl out of your gear every few days until lvl 60 and even then you'll probably lvl out every week or so making all that money you spent refining a waste.

While I agree that pure mag is a very viable and my personal favorite build I would not follow the rest of the advice of the OP. Leave this thread and read others by people who have actually played wizards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cjpower
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I get a strong sense that the OP hasn't actually played a wizard and all his talk is based on conjecture from what he has read on the forums. I'm also completely surprised that someone who has played perfect world for any reasonable amount of time would suggest using mirage stones to +8 all gear.

You would probably waste hundreds of mirages to get that many pluses on your gear or spend tons of money in cash shop to buy refining stones. Secondly, I don't think you really need to add pluses to any of your gear till late in the game. With the new BH and hyper stones, you're going to lvl out of your gear every few days until lvl 60 and even then you'll probably lvl out every week or so making all that money you spent refining a waste.

While I agree that pure mag is a very viable and my personal favorite build I would not follow the rest of the advice of the OP. Leave this thread and read others by people who have actually played wizards.

First, i can buy mirage stones from players, from boss drops or combine other stones. Secondly, if you spend real money in this game, you weird, because im talking about how to be a good pure int mage without spending money. Third, if you don't want to refine your equipment, right, is your mage. But is highly recommended. Four, yeah, i played with a wizard.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    First, i can buy mirage stones from players, from boss drops or combine other stones. Secondly, if you spend real money in this game, you weird, because im talking about how to be a good pure int mage without spending money. Third, if you don't want to refine your equipment, right, is your mage. But is highly recommended. Four, yeah, i played with a wizard.

the point that they are trying to make is that you obviously haven't played this game much/or have little knowledge of how to refine.

It's next to impossible to +8 anything using just mirages. You would probably spend less coins in the long run if you bought D Orbs....

+8ing something without Orbs is just a waste of mirages/coins/time, you will never refine that high. Even +5 is out of reach for someone who doesnt hold TW Lands to help refine chances.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    the point that they are trying to make is that you obviously haven't played this game much/or have little knowledge of how to refine.

It's next to impossible to +8 anything using just mirages. You would probably spend less coins in the long run if you bought D Orbs....

+8ing something without Orbs is just a waste of mirages/coins/time, you will never refine that high. Even +5 is out of reach for someone who doesnt hold TW Lands to help refine chances.

Exactly. This is BIG true. +5 you can relative easily get with mirages + tienkien stones. But everything more than +5 is like winning in lottery if you do this just with miracles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i know a few people on DW who +10 their armor with just mirages....
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Jestersig - Heavens Tear
    Jestersig - Heavens Tear Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    So I looked up the chances of success for refining with just mirage stones using nothing from the item shop as cjpower says. The chances of successfully refining an item to +8 using just mirage stones is 1/9145. You would fail 50% of the time while trying to get a +1. You would then fail 2/3 of the times trying to get a +2. Since you would fail mostly on the first try but sometimes get to the 2nd, 3rd, maybe even 4th, I'll say you would on average lose 2 mirage stones each time you tried to refine (since weapons only require one mirage stone to refine).

So if you lose on average 2 mirage stones and had to try 9145 times to get a +8 weapon, you would lose 18290 mirage stones. Even if I'm generous and say you got them for the cheap price of 20k per mirage stone, that would cost you 366 million coins to buy the mirage stones like you said.

You also said people who spend money in the game to refine are weird. With item mall purchases you can buy dragon stones that allow you to refine up to a +5. This will cost you $30 of real life money. I'm pretty sure most people would rather pay the $30 and get a +5 weapon than waste millions and millions of in game coin to ATTEMPT to get a +8.

So now please, before you go writing a guide about how people should play their wizard, and how easy it is when you just upgrade your gear to +8, do a little research in game. Read guides by people who have actually been playing the game and know what they are talking about. Or even better, just ask someone what they think. I will gladly help someone out with a build or suggest ideas if they ask politely, and if I don't know the answer, I'll try to direct them to someone who does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited March 2010
    Options
    duel

You're still a failure. b:chuckle
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    (since weapons only require one mirage stone to refine).

Weapons require 2 mirages. Armor/Ornaments only require one.