So why are people moving to Archo from RT?

Options
Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Etherblade (West)
When people moved to RT from another PvE server, it's somewhat understandable since the other ones have been out for quite a while and have many high levels and strong factions on them. It's easy to see why someone would go to RT if they just started playing not long ago. But why ditch a pretty much new PvE server for Archo?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
Post edited by Divine_Death - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• nova3
    nova3 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    AFAIK, not alot of people are coming from RT. Most of the people i see applying to my guild or posting on forums are from Sanc, heavens Tear and Lost City
    Impulse TW Guild Recruiting for Archosaur Server ImpulsePW.tk
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle I'm not moving completely

I'll still be on Raging Tide and leveling but I'll be focused on this server for a while.
    Joining this server to avoid the drama going around me currently in Raging Tide b:surrender

Anyways it'd be interesting to try out this server b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • nakhtuul
    nakhtuul Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    agreed with Nova, about 50 of Narla members so far are coming from other servers. Quite a few from many TW factions who have had enough of fighting against a wall of red and want a shot to be the red themselves.

Perfect World International Alumni
    Closed Beta 2008 - Present
  • BabyPet - Dreamweaver
    BabyPet - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    the best reason i see is there is no oracling start - means it's not such a big advantage for cashshopper than at RT in the beginning....that was one point i hated about RT sever and it's release with the oracles in the shop
  • AlanWake - Harshlands
    AlanWake - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle I'm not moving completely

I'll still be on Raging Tide and leveling but I'll be focused on this server for a while.
    Joining this server to avoid the drama going around me currently in Raging Tide b:surrender

Anyways it'd be interesting to try out this server b:chuckle

i don't know you. . but from what it seems you have drama surrounding you no matter where you go kiddo b:lipcurl
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i don't know you. . but from what it seems you have drama surrounding you no matter where you go kiddo b:lipcurl

Have to admit that is true QQ

Its so weird... I never do anything to somebody and next thing I know, drama >.<
    Like in RT people are impersonating me and begging for items b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i was in a faction that decided to reroll to the new server. and their reason for doing so is "so they have a better chance of getting land" b:angry

wo0t 300th post b:victory
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Senkaku - Harshlands
    Senkaku - Harshlands Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Circumvention of the filter is still a banable offence! - Aryannamage
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    In this case only 1 warning for that particular circumvention. Do it again and there will be consequences.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Senkaku - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    In this case only 1 warning for that particular circumvention. Do it again and there will be consequences.

b:sadb:surrender
  • nova3
    nova3 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

*Circumvents teh internetz and pokes Aryanna* >:O
    Impulse TW Guild Recruiting for Archosaur Server ImpulsePW.tk
  • Delia - Harshlands
    Delia - Harshlands Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    the best reason i see is there is no oracling start - means it's not such a big advantage for cashshopper than at RT in the beginning....that was one point i hated about RT sever and it's release with the oracles in the shop

Joining RT 3 weeks after it came out (there were level 90s already I believe b:shocked), after previously starting Harshlands when it came out, I fully appreciate what you mean. I doubt it will be long before there is a new sale, however. If they would remove most of the cash shop from Archosaur I'd gladly reroll there (I'd even be fine with a pay to play model to make that happen), but sadly, I doubt this would ever be the case.

I really enjoyed the game this time last year. Since then, however, starting especially in september, I have not enjoyed it nearly as much. I played "the game that shall not be named" for a while, and am only back because of my best friend, who still plays here.

I know oracles are a great money maker for PWI, but I think many people would be surprised by how much money fashion and mounts make from casual players (hence all the fashion and mount sales), and that a server without character affecting items in the cash shop could do really well.
  • tehczar
    tehczar Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • Senkaku - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • mightymoose
    mightymoose Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

That doesn't seem lke a very good reason since it's almost a given that the same thing would happen when Archo is opened.
  • Kibble - Raging Tide
    Kibble - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Its all good to me ^^; I just like the factions and the people. Running around as a 3x~5x you dont see to many people. Its hard to find partys for BH and even getting to the point where its hard to find people for Fbs (FB39+) .
  • GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear
    GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    the best reason i see is there is no oracling start - means it's not such a big advantage for cashshopper than at RT in the beginning....

You hope there is no oracle start ... and even if there isnt then Hyperxp still gives the heavy cashshopper a big advantage..

IMO people who think its going to be all fair and nice are setting themselves up for a big disapointment.

Players will CS to high level and then dominate the TW map

$ > fair
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

deadly consequences?
    b:puzzled
    or the fuzzy not so deadly consequences?
    b:puzzled
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barb - Raging Tide
    Barb - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    who said on this server there will not be any oracles.

lucky corals relaunched with new server. so you get oracles with normal tokens.
  • MorticiaBone - Raging Tide
    MorticiaBone - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    who said on this server there will not be any oracles.

lucky corals relaunched with new server. so you get oracles with normal tokens.

Exactly! Therefore I dont see a point in rerolling to a new server since the same thing that happened to RT will happen in Arch...there will be lvl 90+ after 3 weeks.
    So I think I will stick with RT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Senkaku - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i tried.....Q_Q but after 15 mins i realized is the same sht as RT ppl lvling nonstop to start getting land, good low lvl pk for a week or so....and thats it...bah i already did that thing in RT and i got bored just like all my lvl 100 and 9X peeps xD so im going to stay in Harshland to have some pk b:kiss