Any pet suggestions?

Myew - Raging Tide
Myew - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Venomancer
I'm currently using Glacial Walker, but he is really slow, has very low accuracy and is huge b:bye
I used a Dark Wanderer for a while, it wasn't that bad, but with its low HP it dies a lot xP

Are there any good pets for tanking that have a higher speed and higher accuracy, other than Herc and golem pets? Pet would be used mostly for PvE grinding and tanking.

Also I'm only lvl 19 at the moment, so lvl 60+ aren't that useful to me right now ;)
Post edited by Myew - Raging Tide on

Comments

• SuperFireFly - Harshlands
    SuperFireFly - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I have found that the Shaduao Cub is pretty good. It has good pdef and mdef.... Not quite as good as the golem or walker, but better than the eldergoth marksman. It is lvl 20 rare pet though.
  • Reseda - Heavens Tear
    Reseda - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    At L20 you could try catching a Snow Hare. I had a similar problem. I had a golem. It was slow, big, and I couldn't see for diddly. The hare is smaller and faster and survives pretty well. Once you get higher, though, you will start pulling agro from it unless you upgrade its skills. I replaced it anyway, with the kowlin once I was in my 60s.
  • Iyzebel - Lost City
    Iyzebel - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    after lvl 80 what u guyz say to keep my kowlin or to try tame an armored bear or even buy it ...pls answer me
  • Myew - Raging Tide
    Myew - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for the help :D
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The kowlin is a really nice damage pet. But it's really not so good as a tank. In fact, it's downright suicidal.

The bear is a pretty good pet. I've seen plenty of veno's perfectly happy with it.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The kowlin is a really nice damage pet. But it's really not so good as a tank. In fact, it's downright suicidal.

I disagree about it being suicidal. It worked quite well for me. I didn't start pulling agro from it until my 70s though. Eventually it was replaced by the Nix and Herc my hubby kindly supplied me. I still have my kowlin and snow hare (along with all of the other rares I tamed and named).
    The bear is a pretty good pet. I've seen plenty of veno's perfectly happy with it.

I wanted it but never got it. My friend has it and it seems better suited for looks, like some of the other rares, than for fighting. Many people like it for the Frighten skill, which the puppy has too and it is said to be well-rounded as far as pets go.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Kowlin is an over rated useless pet. The skills it comes with are worth more than the pet, and wasted on it. I have yet to see someone explain how it's better than another pet at anything.

I have an armored bear, but it's usefulness doesn't make up for the effort in keeping it leveled. It's still the best I know of for those rare occasions where it's useful.

The Dark Wanderer does NOT have low HP: It has extremely low mdef and the highest dps of any pet I'm currently aware of. Don't be one of those ignorant venos that pulls out a phys only tanker in places like FB69 or other around mag mobs and you should be fine with it. It can make an excellent grinding pet on the right mobs, and aggro holder on phys/ranged like Stygean when it's higher level.

The Eldergoth Marksman or Sharpshooter are probably the most well rounded pets which can also tank bosses before even a Herc can, excel at luring, and have a good balanced growth chart . Here's more on that: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=323451

A single pet solution works for air/water but not for land.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The Kowlin is the fastest pet available, it's a great puller and a more than decent damage dealer. While it may be considered somewhat fragile, it does come with Threaten which should certainly help. It's also one of the best land pets for PvP, it can be used as a situational backup for Phoenix.

And someone's halfway to getting that toaster oven...
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I disagree about it being suicidal. It worked quite well for me. I didn't start pulling agro from it until my 70s though. Eventually it was replaced by the Nix and Herc my hubby kindly supplied me. I still have my kowlin and snow hare (along with all of the other rares I tamed and named).

Oh heck no, I don't mean pulling aggro from it (that's pretty difficult) - I mean that the pet itself is suicidal and will just go:
    "Rip tear, death - urk, you hit me! I die now!"

It's kind of a paper tiger.

But it DOES hit hard. As a direct-damage pet, it's up there. Saves you levelling up a low one.
  • /aIentine - Archosaur
    /aIentine - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I have found that the Shaduao Cub is pretty good. It has good pdef and mdef.... Not quite as good as the golem or walker, but better than the eldergoth marksman. It is lvl 20 rare pet though.

Yeah, I like the Shadou Cubs too.
    You might want to try those, I thought it was 40+ though?
  • Lythiaana - Dreamweaver
    Lythiaana - Dreamweaver Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I like the Shadou Cubs too.
    You might want to try those, I thought it was 40+ though?

The cub is lvl 20. I think you're thinking about the pup or kitty.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Level 2 and 3 beetles aren't bad tanks, and cheaper/easier to get than a cub.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Guardian Wolf is the best replacement for Shaodu Cub, and fast enough to be considered an actual lure pet.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Oh heck no, I don't mean pulling aggro from it (that's pretty difficult) - I mean that the pet itself is suicidal and will just go:
    "Rip tear, death - urk, you hit me! I die now!"

It's kind of a paper tiger.

But it DOES hit hard. As a direct-damage pet, it's up there. Saves you levelling up a low one.

Ha ha! That is true. b:chuckle A paper tiger. I like that. Too bad those fierce looks didn't come with better HP or Defs.

Though, it is downright sexy!
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Little bear is good from lvl 20 to 85.
    I used a kitty from lvl 20 - 59
    Kowlin at 60-80 - still use
    Now Armored bear - still use
    Air pet is sawfly:D

i Love pets how do dg:) i keep them alive by heal much but also atk:D

Kolwin is not so bad as ppl think <_< my Kowlin solo 2th boss in fb51, it was lvl 80
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL