+10 vit shards

GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary
GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Barbarian
Hi guys im a noob when it come to shardingb:surrender and i was wondering if u guy to tell me how to get/make the +10 vit shards

Thanks in advance

GG :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary on

Comments

• GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    sorry for double posting my computer froze on me b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Anniversary packs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Armageddon - Harshlands
    Armageddon - Harshlands Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    +10 gems are only good if u hv a hh99 gold set or if u need gems for ur nirvana. I think that or putting them in Event gears is the only time to use em well thats what i did
    GO GO ARMA RANGER THUN THUN THUN THUN GO GO ARMA RANGER MIGHTY MORPHIN ARMA RANGER!!!
  • Shyachi - Heavens Tear
    Shyachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    +2 def lvl ftw, for end game gears obviously
  • GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Yeah that's what I was plannin to do lol just thought that I should start buyin them up right now cause I'm sure 24 +10 vit stone will costs too much for me to buy them all at once lol that's all but Ty for the info though :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    One more question thoughb:surrender what do u guys think is better for a barb +10 vit stones or +2 def. lvl stones?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lulznotwar - Lost City
    Lulznotwar - Lost City Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Vit shards by far

Vit +10 = 170 un-buffed HP

2% decrease in dmg taken would not = 170hp un-buffed even :P
    RIP spoons
    RIP PWI
    The game is dead
  • Lunk_Warleg - Sanctuary
    Lunk_Warleg - Sanctuary Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    One more question thoughb:surrender what do u guys think is better for a barb +10 vit stones or +2 def. lvl stones?

More of a matter of preference.
    With usual shards (be it perfect or immaculate, even gems), HP shards will definitely bring back more to you simply because you have a flat amount of HP Vs a flat amount of Ph.Def.
    However the grade 12 stones will bring your Ph. Def. in % and that is a totally different story.
    Vit shards by far

0_o we are talking about Diamond of a Dragon when it comes to Defense, right?
    Shouldn't that be then 1% in damage taken?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gimlett - Lost City
    Gimlett - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There's a new shard that does +2 def (check jewelcraftsman) called jade of defence or something like that.

I personally went for stones of savant because I felt it gave a better benefit all round vs the def stones, especially when you consider that 2% of a barb's mdef is not very much >.> and we already have more than enough pdef.
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Yea, you craft those +2 def jades by combining 3x of the event diamonds @ npc.

Srsly though, if you manage to socket your entire gear 4x each piece with those things... you're gonna be one tough kitty.
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Gimlett - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Only in my boots so far! If I ever get my hands on enough crystals to craft nirvana armor, I'll do my best to shard it with them as well.. it'll be a slow process though, I think they're back up to like 25m each since the anni packs have disappeared =(
  • GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Vit shards by far

I still am not sure cause u can have a total of 24 sockets not including weapon and if i put 24 +2 def shards, u r increasing all defense by at total of 48% (mind u that this goes in effect for magic and ph def) + if u got solid shield and Pan Gu's Giant Axe that is almost like a 24/7 invoke ur on b:pleased at the same time if u put 24 +10 vit shards will give u 4080 HP extra for a barb. there for i really can decide wat to start collecting for b:sad
    I wish i had the money to buy 2 tt 99 armors and shard one with +2 def shards and the other with +10 vit shard but im not even close to being that rich b:cry

so help plz all u high lvl barbs who do a lil but of TW as well, wat do u thing is better a secondary invoke or 4k HP??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gimlett - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    HP all the way. When you consider that the +1 / 2% def stones are a percentage of your gear's defence bonus, not your total defence they're not that awesome (i.e they are calculated before extra def from str and other % increase modifiers like you get from being in tiger form / cleric or BM buffs).
    However, they are significantly cheaper than getting vit stones... good luck buying 24 of those. I've bought 5 so far and my pockets hurt bad.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    24 +10 vit stones @ 20m each = 480m + 24m to put them in gear = 504m happy grinding :))
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    diamond of dragon ? how much it takes For defense level?? can someone screen shot this ? 1 or 2???

I am not sure about VIT stones and Diamond of dragon. Both are epic (I think diamond of dragon -2% dmg taken each).

240 VIT = 6732 in HP buffed tiger form , idk how much p.def and m.def and hp recovery (possibly 24 HP recovery?) total. Really even more sweet for barbarians, but the problem is its expensive.

If diamond of dragon is true, it will work with instances too.
    52% damage taken total, with blessing in instances its 42% damage taken total... You have to depend on damage debuffing to decrease p.atk and attack levels. Its cheaper than the stone of savant.

Not sure which to choose. Is it worth 50/50 at least? + I rather use RL cash for that much lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    HP all the way. When you consider that the +1 / 2% def stones are a percentage of your gear's defence bonus, not your total defence they're not that awesome (i.e they are calculated before extra def from str and other % increase modifiers like you get from being in tiger form / cleric or BM buffs).
    However, they are significantly cheaper than getting vit stones... good luck buying 24 of those. I've bought 5 so far and my pockets hurt bad.

ohh i dint know that the defense was added to only the armor stats, without including str pointsb:surrender

ty for the info Gimlett b:victory

GG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gawn - Harshlands
    Gawn - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I think you missunderstood how def gems work. They dont give you more p. def or m. def.

They work like this:
    Each defense level OVER the opponent's attack level decreases damage taken by 1%

Equipping less than 24 +2 def gems makes it hardly worth it. Though, if you manage to get all your Equipment 4 Sockets and get 24 +2 gems you should notice a real difference.

Still i'd say vit gems > def gems by far. Atm i have 8 vit gems equipped on my armor and i have to say i love it. Vit increases not only your Hp. It also inrceases your def and your hp recovery. And its a great feeling if a wizzy hits you for 10k and it doesnt even tick your charm. :D

Last but not least keep in mind that a lot of our skills are based on our HP (BKI, True Form, Armageddon ...)

cheers