Paid to Play

Articwiz - Heavens Tear
Articwiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Suggestion Box
Hello all,

Wouldn't it be cool if PWI would pay for playing the game? I thought it would be cool if I could grind a 100million in-game coin and make $5 -$10.00 real money back to my credit card account. Sounds crazy and yeah people would be more upset when accidently taking their monsters, but heck "Pay to Play" is a great idea. Get on Yuwie.com, which is a social network like Myspace or Facebook. They pay their users to do normal ****. When my AAIT program is finished in college, believe me I will be looking in to this Pay to Play idea.

If anyone thinks this is a optional idea good for mainstream, pm me a line or 2.b:bye
Post edited by Articwiz - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I actually thought myself that it would be nice if this was possible. I believe if it was though that everyone and their mother would be a venomancer and that the current market prices would sky rocket from the people trying to sit at home and play the game for a living. PvP servers may turn into sheer mayhem (moreso than already I presume) with people PK'ing over every single stick, stone, and herb that could be sold at insane prices.b:surrender

But yeah, the thought that perhaps a game set standard coin to zhen price existed and that you could turn your zhen into RL coin if you so desire, sound very appealing. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • DJ_Kinetic - Lost City
    DJ_Kinetic - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    that would kill the PWE company and bankrupt them,people would sell gold for about 300k-500k then turn that into RL money if that was your idea,otherwise i must have misunderstood your idea

elaborate!
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    That makes no sense... on those other sites that do that, they are paying people to do JOBS that otherwise the company would have to pay someone to do.

So if you said, PWI should get players to enforce the rules, and for every botter they report and gets banned they get $5 reward, for any players cheating that gets reported and banned, they would get $2, etc. than it would make sense.

But to pay money for you to grind, it would make no sense for the company, unless they make it so you have to buy CS items to grind.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Articwiz - Heavens Tear
    Articwiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I was not saying that PWI break themselves (like that would happen anyway) I meant for a person to be able to transfer money back out of pwi. Grind 50 million or so to make a few bucks would be nice. I have bought 1000 gold or zen you would say, but if a person could work to getting some of that back would be a rewarding and exciting game. Knowing that the time I put into leveling my char, I made some money back on would be a benefit in its self.

Icejazmin,

The idea to pay players for catching "Cheaters" would be a cool implement into the Paid to Play idea too. These are just ideas and not concrete but looking forward is how this game started anyway. Think about how many millions of players would play a game knowing they would make a small return?
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    but if they pay US then they would go bankrupt.. i sowwy fail suggestion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well, this kind of system is already implemented in Second Life where you can buy Linden Dollars with RL money and transfer those lindens back into rl money and it is completely legit. And yes, there are some people that get their living from playing Second Life and the company has been running for years now and ain't bankrupt yet. Obviously they've made it work.

Just saying.... it's not completely impossible for this idea to work, but if it has any benefits in PWI is entirely different.
  • Faith_z - Sanctuary
    Faith_z - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well, this kind of system is already implemented in Second Life where you can buy Linden Dollars with RL money and transfer those lindens back into rl money and it is completely legit. And yes, there are some people that get their living from playing Second Life and the company has been running for years now and ain't bankrupt yet. Obviously they've made it work.

Just saying.... it's not completely impossible for this idea to work, but if it has any benefits in PWI is entirely different.

True for second life .. but, and its a big but.. second life also enables people to buy/rent land, thus they make a big load of cash on the tier for land and the buy price.
    To really make the big bucks there you will have to either sell a lot of things, wich means make a big store and thus rent land/space from someone that bought land from lindens and pays tier over it,or buy land yourself/ buy land and make rentals, and again, lindens will get a lot of money from that.

This game is more limited, true they make money on the cash shop, but its not even near the 50-150$ people pay to lindens every month or even weekly, and the second life community is waaay bigger as well.

To make this idea work for a game like this would imo be near impossible if not totally imposible, since pwi needs a profit as well to keep the game running. Since the price to play would probably have to be really high for pwi to still make a profit,no one would even think about joining.
    My caracters:
    Faith_z - 7x Cleric (main)
    HaveFaith_z - 5x Veno
    Ivory_Soul -3x Psychic

Dont give me an attitude, I got one of my own!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saitadatude FTW :P
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Correction Faith, not impossible, just really, really, really hard.

xD

But yeah, I get what you mean...

Well... PWI could always rerelease the housing system and make money on that... >.>
  • Ultimalozza - Heavens Tear
    Ultimalozza - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    no, just no...

i think you missed the part where the aim of this whole entire company was to MAKE money, not hand it out to some noob who can sit there grinding all day, this suggestion is the opposite to the intended idea of the whole forum