why demon? of course the Color of the Spark DUH
    sage.. bleh pink and you sometimes can mistake it with single/double sparks

/discuss
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i dare someone go nekkid till lv100 culti wise... aka no demon/sage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Nasume - Lost City
    Nasume - Lost City Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i dare someone go nekkid till lv100 culti wise... aka no demon/sage

and already done it =) my cleric was 99 before i actually pick demon/sage b:laugh although 99 and 100 isnt much different.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Is Ninnuam finally hitting 89 and needs advice? b:chuckle b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Easy peasy, just oracle on hyper xp!
    b:dirty
  • Nasume - Lost City
    Nasume - Lost City Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Easy peasy, just oracle on hyper xp!

im better and cheaper than you
    hyper + miji pick flowers.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Need moar of these b:laugh

Slap we do.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Do we have a link to a Sage/Demon list? I thought it was stickied prior to forum re-deconstruction but now I can't find. I'd like to compare them.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Both have ups and downs. What skills you are able to acquire really changes whether one goes demon or sage. I'd argue that both classes are fairly well balanced in PvP/PvE as compared to other classes whose cultivation paths seems to favor PvE or PvP.

My cleric is sage though =)
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    true.

my answer is DEMON i love the spark RED <33333333
    okay here is the serious discussion
    why demon? of course the Color of the Spark DUH
    sage.. bleh pink and you sometimes can mistake it with single/double sparks

/discuss

Nahhh SAGE all the way for the fairy!
    Demon: blehhhh burgerhead
    Sage: pretty white fairy that matches my wings b:dirty

Even though genies ruined the specialness of the fairies anyways b:cry
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    It all depends on what color you wings are I guess brilliant plumes or irredecnce.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    I will say on this is the only thing is it doesn't matter which you choose.What matters the getting all the books or pages to make up those books to get your skills.You still have the same lvl of skills if you weren't sage or demon.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It all depends on what color you wings are I guess brilliant plumes or irredecnce.

QFT. Wings definitely helped me decide on whether to go demon or sage <3
  • Lemuria - Harshlands
    Lemuria - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I've met a lot of very strongly opinionated players who say Sage is the way to go for clerics, mainly due to the increased healing potential.

For me though, its demon. I weighed up the pros and cons of each side, and while they're both great demon still fits more snugly into my playstyle. I also find I need to occasionaly rez players mid-boss fight usually because some idiot decided to hit Polearm too hard or something. For situations like that demon shines thanks to its doublespeed revive chanelling.

Demon purify costs no chi, sage one is a little faster. No contest really. You shouldn't need to spam this spell alone anyway, even on the worst of targets (after all, we do need to cast heals too!).

Demon chromatic heals more. Enough said.

Demon rejuv gives 100% defense bonus, sage version gives you chi. I'll go with the defense.

Demon Cyclone hits harder. Considering its a fairly weak attack at the best of times, we need all the power we can squeeze out of it.

Demon Wield Thunder gives metal resistance down. Again, sage version is all about chi. Resistance wins.

A lot of the focus for sage seems to be on Ironheart though. Because the sage version gives a nice 10% bonus to heals, and with it being our most-cast spell, its the strongest reason to go sage. Demon version, on the other hand, gives an MP regeneration which is still nice and undoubtedly welcomed by pot-consuming barbarians and blademasters, but arguably not nearly as useful.

Still, the majority of sage spells are chi-related enhancements, usually giving chi bonuses or having a chance to fire without using up sparks. Ironheart is the ONLY sage spell which offers more HP, with demon offering a slew of other benefits to make up for the loss of a few HP (including a nice spammable M. atk bonus on Spirits Gift!). It's a clear winner in my books.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    I've met a lot of very strongly opinionated players who say Sage is the way to go for clerics, mainly due to the increased healing potential.
    It isn't because of the healing it is because of the chi they gain.
  • Arania - Lost City
    Arania - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    One is not simply better than the other. You can be a fail demon cleric or a fail sage cleric. It all depends on your playing style and how you use it. Really, the differences are small, because it takes a while for most people to aquire all the skill books ANYWAY to get the bonuses/adds on skills.

I went sage because my role in tw/pvp/pve reflects on these adds. Sage ironheart owns the demon ironheart. I also love, love, love the added damage with plume shot; robes are easier to take down. Though I know the demon revive has a shorter channeling time, the sage version of a greater distance appeals to me more, knowing I can stay back from the fight and rez someone without drawing any attention to myself. Also, knowing I'm a target to WB's and BM's during battle, I spam plume shield - sage version absorbs more damage, and if I have a mana charm it's no problem and could save my life. Also, seals last 25 seconds, holla.

Like I said, though, you have to take a look at the skills for yourself and decide what will work best for you as an individual player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Ahh this thread is becoming serious...there are SO many serious discussions on this already done to death.

It's all about matching your fairy to your wings, people b:dirty
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I will go Demon I like the flying red tomato Lmao!!!

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I think the fairy looks elegant. But the demon would have matched my glory wings better b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • x3wasx
    x3wasx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Now whats better Sage wizard or Demon wizard?
    b:angry
  • Goldymarg - Heavens Tear
    Goldymarg - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    x3wasx wrote: »

Why are you asking this in the CLERIC forum? XD b:beatup
    The Internet is indeed serious business . . . b:lipcurl
    QQ moar
  • Nexdonuum - Lost City
    Nexdonuum - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    x3wasx wrote: »

Neither, they both suck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quick learning Apprentice in the Arts of Subtle Killing.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Do we have a link to a Sage/Demon list? I thought it was stickied prior to forum re-deconstruction but now I can't find. I'd like to compare them.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/search.php?searchid=29067542

and

http://ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php

I actually have a question myself though its probably been covered on the forums but the search here is no google.
    Is one a better choice over the other based on build? I'm a pure mag build 5 base vit would one culti be better based on that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    It is like others have said depends on your playstyle for me atm I could go either or either.When squading I do go little more on support side as opposed to attacking.