Game keeps lagging out

Moraydeath - Harshlands
Moraydeath - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Support Desk
well this only started happning like 20 mins ago... when i get into game, it works fine for a few seconds and then all of a suddon it lags i cant talk 2 NPCS or move, and i have 2 Force close it,

but the weird thing is it dosnt disconect me just like a giant lag spike or somthing, its NOT my internet because nothing else stops working

it is seriosly making me mad...

edit: some times if i leave it fora few mins it fixes it self but then it does it again
Post edited by Moraydeath - Harshlands on

Comments

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    can you post some smei-detailed system specs please? also post your power options listings if in Vista or Win7 (especially if it is OEM)
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    me too man. the servers are just ****.. i can stay connected to the inet but yet still disconnect. So it's probably not your fault.
  • Moraydeath - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    can you post some smei-detailed system specs please? also post your power options listings if in Vista or Win7 (especially if it is OEM)

what do my system specs have to do with it?
    im using XP SP3

its not like graphics lag, its just lagging and half disconnecting
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    me too man. the servers are just ****.. i can stay connected to the inet but yet still disconnect. So it's probably not your fault.
    it's NOT the servers. it is the way the game uses the pc resources. Try not to provide false info, thanks.
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    what do my system specs have to do with it?
    im using XP SP3

its not like graphics lag, its just lagging and half disconnecting
    system specs have everything to do with it. (and since you're not on vista/7 you're not plagued by the os bug. I won't explain it since it has no relevance here)

have you doe a disc check or a defrag recently?
    edited March 2010
    system specs have everything to do with it. (and since you're not on vista/7 you're not plagued by the os bug. I won't explain it since it has no relevance here)

have you doe a disc check or a defrag recently?

not recently but somthing has obviosly happend because i was playing Fine for like a hour and then it just randomly starts doing it
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    run a defrag then and see if it clears up. It sometimes hits randomly for any number of reasons
    edited March 2010
    and what if that dosnt work?
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    we'll see what else might
  • Sorjaixp - Harshlands
    Sorjaixp - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i have the same problem and it just started today. don't tell me it has to do with my pc because i've been playing for over 1 month now and today was the only day i ever disconnected from server back to back 6 times after i logged back in and then i am unable to log in for like 2 mins
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    don't tell me it has to do with my pc because i've been playing for over 1 month now
    I have been playing since august of last year, but I still to my PC maintenance almost daily to make sure it works properly.

you also might want to verify your client.
  • katamara
    katamara Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i have the same problem and it just started today. don't tell me it has to do with my pc because i've been playing for over 1 month now and today was the only day i ever disconnected from server back to back 6 times after i logged back in and then i am unable to log in for like 2 mins

Read the bug report thread, there seems to be quite a few of us who are having this problem since maintenance. I can't stay in game anymore, if I do any action at all since maint. Always people blame the pc but why suddenly are some of us having this problem, seems like quite a concidence it is only since maint.
    edited March 2010
    Yeah it stoped then started after the maintenance
  • SaintDraq - Harshlands
    SaintDraq - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    it happens to me too,and i`m playing since january when i`ve done some maintenance to my comp,with no problems. I think the servers are the problem. Maybe the ping ingame is too big and kicks us out? I`m guessing the internet provider is the problem in that case :/
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Blame no but there are things you have to do to see if it could be you first because not everyone is having this problem it means it is localized to specific type of OS or a common problem. yxh%20(123).gif Preforming these steps will help determine if what the problem is. Like psytrac said preform a defrag as problems can also be caused by fragmented files within the game.

It very well might be the server but don't go calling the wolf until we actually know if its a wolf and not a poodle. yxh%20(170).gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sorjaixp - Harshlands
    Sorjaixp - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    the problem has nothing to do wiht my pc. my pc is virus/spyware everything free -.-. It only started after taht maintenace on the 13th. i still get disconnected like 4 times already today after 1 or 2 hours. this never happens. my client shouldn't be having problems but w/e i'm redownloading the client again. i still think its issues with the server after the maint.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There could be local internet hiccups in your area. Please restart your PC and networking gear and try again later.

You can check out what could be going on in the world with Internet connections here: http://www.akamai.com/html/technology/dataviz1.html
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • SaintDraq - Harshlands
    SaintDraq - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    tnx darthpanda,i see my suggestion about the internet provider was correct. Anyway,a few hours ago worked fine @me,don`t know if the others had problems. Tnx for the support again :)
  • GodsCaster - Heavens Tear
    GodsCaster - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Im sure panda and Psy remember my many posts on this... well my " hiccups" have come back.. and seeing as the problem fixed itself last time.. after doing all of that b:shutup you told me to do.. id just say the same to you guys because all of those programs.. registry rubbish..restarting this that and the other and contacting my network provider solved NOTHING apart from muck up my computer even more.

So my advice is to just wait it out ...
This discussion has been closed.