10 ppl squad :3

Options
Olivassin - Heavens Tear
Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
mhh yes... checking PW [somewhere] new, they'll make 10 ppl max squad soon.

i guess it will come here in a not-far-away future ^_^

font: "Perfect prequel" Ten team games are played major inovation - a "perfect the world's top pass - mermaid legend" Official Website

It's auto-translated by google, so hold very straight on your chair :D
original version: [some chinese characters i can't type >.<]

Pros: woot! easier to find a BH squad for DDers >:3
Cons: ****! less exp in FF squads, and less drops in TTs >_<

PD: again, this is from another version of PW, so GM's here can decide to implement or not this.
Post edited by Olivassin - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• youllnevergetme
    youllnevergetme Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    if this is true this will make rebirth, tt, fbs, bh, tw, pvp alot more interesting.
    nerd.png
    Live to win, 'till you die, 'till the light dies in your eyes
    Live to win, take it all, just keep fighting till you fall
    Obsessive, compulsive, suffocate your mind
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    PD: again, this is from another version of PW, so GM's here can decide to implement or not this.

No, we dont have a choice. We are owned by PWE which is a wholly owned subsidiary of PW-Beijing. We ARE owned by the same people who own PW China. This is why we get everything they get only a few weeks after.

Its a popular misconception that we're just another licensee like all the other PW version outside of the original PW-CN. This isnt true. What happens to PW-CN, happens to us. We are a fully official (not just legal) version of PW.

As such, the GMs (well that in itself is a falsehood, should say the PWI implementation team) have no choice on whether to implement it here. They only have jurisdiction over the Boutique. We get our patches from China, half the time without the PWI team knowing whats in them (hance the incomplete patch notes often).
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

oooops sry, i didn't read that post.... b:surrender

if they make titles more clear, like mine, we would avoid double-posts =/ b:embarrass b:sweat
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Or you could actually read other posts first...
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I feel bad for the tank that has to keep aggro from 8 other people (considering there's 1 cleric). Not to mention the cleric that has to keep all of them alive.... Imagine 2 clerics and 7 fist BMs that attack 4+ times/second (I say 2 clerics because 1 could BB and other could IH the tank just in case. 7 Fist BMs because there's 1 archer sharptoothing the boss).
  • Khristy - Heavens Tear
    Khristy - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Actually I look forward to it. There have been many times in squads that I wished there were more people. Sometimes I'm the only healer and have to break my **** keeping everyone alive. Be nice to have another 1 or 3 healers.

I used to play another game called GW (figure it out) and we had 8 people in a squad. It was great, always a good mix of classes. A couple quests even allowed 16 players... damn that was fun!

Yes there will be downsides, like trying to fill the damn squad. Waiting 1 hour to do a 20 minute run. But, that happens now, so it will just be more of the same.

Maybe they will raise mob HPs and drops to compensate for it. Oh well, when they (finally) get around to implementing it here we'll just have to adjust to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ...GM's here can decide to implement or not this.

GM's don't implement anything, it's the Dev's that do all the coding.

GM's read trouble tickets, moderate forums, and provide helpful info like the posts about maintenance. Oh, and they have the banhammer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    GM's don't implement anything, it's the Dev's that do all the coding.

GM's read trouble tickets, moderate forums, and provide helpful info like the posts about maintenance. Oh, and they have the banhammer.

And hearing people Q.Q then they must Q.Q to company. b:chuckle
    Making announcement thread.
    Remove your thread to right section or somewhere else.
    The only one who can rescue you from glitches.
    Telling you the rules.
    Hear your feedback.
    Oh i love you GM. b:dirty

About these 10 people squad well . . i hope that mean more instances or more difficulty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Actually I look forward to it. There have been many times in squads that I wished there were more people. Sometimes I'm the only healer and have to break my **** keeping everyone alive. Be nice to have another 1 or 3 healers.
    What is it that prevents you from dropping from a 6-man squad where you have to "break your **** keeping everyone alive" now? Why do you possibly think that situation will improve if 4 more slots are added to the squad list? Will you finally take charge of your own fun and warn the squad leader that you will drop if the squad fills to 10 and you're the only cleric? Will you incur the risk of finding a reasonable squad leader that is willing to wait until he/she gets 2 clerics? If you're not willing to take that step, I see your situation worsening, not improving.

Squad leaders are likely to continue in the mindset of "need barb and cleric and DDs" until barbs and clerics set down different rules. There seem to be enough clerics that you can always get one, but barbs are difficult to find resulting in leaders offering free wine, esotericas, a hyper stone or other perks just to get one NOW as they grow impatient and want to get the squad underway. With all the QQ threads about fail barbs and fail clerics, new players may eschew these classes while Hyper Noobs that choose to play them can't play them well due to lack of required time to acquire competency with the skills. Those who become regonized as good clerics have the potential to ask for reasonable odds of succes by demanding 2 clerics in a 10-man squad. Will they make that demand? Doesn't seem likely and the gaming experience will suffer as a result (more QQ about fail clerics "Why couldn't you keep all 9 of us alive?! You should have done XYZ"...).

Like anything new, there will be an adjustment period, but it's amazing what degradations in game-play people will accept (because of the investment in time and/or money) before they throw in the towel and declare "no longer fun." From the point where those people aren't having fun anymore, but have not yet thrown in the towel, they are themselves not fun to play with. Learn to recognize these types of players and just drop the squad when you come across one... your own gameing experience might be spared some tiny bit of grief if you muster the courage to do so.