QQ about taking Wine Money and starting without say person

Options
HeavensWing - Sanctuary
HeavensWing - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Now I'm not the one to rant and QQ about something that happens, but this time it went way to far. I went to a normal BH squad on a normal day, "Oh 50k wine fee, thats nice." They all port there and me, having only a 1.5 sword, Got there last with no money for Stone. And I paid for wine at the Platform, so they wined it already. Then when I got IN the cave, I saw everyone picking up a 3rd stack of coins (1st and 2nd from the mini-bosses).
And what'd they do? They already killed pole. So running as fast as my little Pixel feet can, I get to the room with the Noxtouch Boss and see MORE coin drops. You know what they did? Yeah you do know, they killed pyro. Then they said "Thanks everyone, fun bh"...I PMed the leader and said "You know i wasnt there right?" and he said "Yeah i know, why you bring it up?"
"Well, you kinda took my 50k and then did the whole thing without me..."
"You werent here, your fault. Suck it up and go grind maybe? Blacklisted"

So now you know my story...killing bosses when someone isn't there after you take my money. And then he has the Nerve to Tell ME to suck it up and go grind. Then he blacklists me? I know its only 50k and I don't care, I just have to rage >_>
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Original Join date: Nov 24, 2008
Originally Posted by Russiee - Raging Tide

As for Shadow Escape. "I am sin, I Shadow Escape on a boss, Boss attacks cleric and squad wipes. Lolol im pro fish".

^ So pro b:victory ^
Post edited by HeavensWing - Sanctuary on

Comments

• VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hence, why I no longer play on Sanctuary. Other servers have fail squads, Sanc has jackasses in addition to the fail squads (well, other servers also have their fair share of *******s but Sanc seems to have the highest concentration).b:surrender
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Whenever someone seems to go afk or not be there, especially if I'm the leader of the squad, I make sure to PM them twice and talk to them in squad chat twice. If they reply, we wait. If not, they get kicked, or we just do the bosses without them.

I can do that though, being the cleric. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This is really sad story. Usually I'm leader of squad. And we always wait for person who missing. If he is not there longer time we ask him, if he need this boss(BH 79) if answer is yes we all waiting.
    On the another hand. Why you flying? Why you don't use teleport to FB 69? In BH 79 sometimes you have to kill 3 bosses. I cannot imagine if every1 just fly to BH 79 after each killed boss. It would take hours to finish BH. So just use teleport. Is kind rude to let people wait while you will fly there. Every1 expect, that you use teleport in worst option mount. Not slow flying sword.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Lesson learned. Don't pay for wines until you're actually *in* the cave.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    There simply is no excuse for what was done to you. Even the moronic argument of your taking too long to get into the instance can't be upheld as there was no attempt to warn you. That they didn't show even the common courtesy of telling you they were doing the bosses, as well as the leader's cynicism, adds insult to injury. They stole your money, plain and simple, and even if you don't have screen shots i would send in a ticket for the mere principle.

You have every right to be angry and should warn all your contacts about these people. Make sure to write down their names, there may yet be a chance in the future in which you may repay their deed in kind.

Jerks like these deserve to be permabanned...
  • Faith_z - Sanctuary
    Faith_z - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Did you mention you were flying? Cause i my patience-pool isn't that big at times *cough 'understatement'* And I have been going geesh why is so and so not here yet as well, while if they mention they're flying and it may take a while, i know what they're doing and why they will be a bit later.

I have been getting less patient in waiting for people because sometimes you get a squad together an player A needs to be afk for a bit, player B gets phone, player C isn't there or answering questions why he isn't there yet, and by the time everyone is there player D feels the need to go afk.

Though if people mention they are flying over or I ask them why they are taking a while and they answer i will wait, and tell everyone to pee, get food etc before the flying player gets there so we can start as soon as he enters. (makes me feel like a kinder garden momma at times lol)

It sucks for you others do not have that patience or are just jerks and decide they have your money so they can **** you. Nothing much you can do about that, but telling them you will pay while entering the instance so at least when they start without you your money wont be lost.
    My caracters:
    Faith_z - 7x Cleric (main)
    HaveFaith_z - 5x Veno
    Ivory_Soul -3x Psychic

Dont give me an attitude, I got one of my own!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saitadatude FTW :P
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Paying at platform? Wow, first time I see this happen. Yeah, only pay in instances IMO >_>.

But I agree, the guys should have at least PMed or something, or you should have made it clear you were flying. I hate when I have people who say like "Coming!"... and they're flying from Archo to FB79, while 5/6 members will be inside already. If it's BH, yes, you will irritate me to no effing end. I can understand some people don't have much money (myself included), but I still map around a bit. DWP 8k tele instead of going right in FB79, for example. Happens a lot to me in FB59, and I get annoyed on that.

Though if several people wind up flying, well I'll take it as an opportunity to go AFK and do other business.

I'm patient, but I will not wait 20 minutes to kill a boss in BH. If it's wined, well I have little to no choice in waiting IMO, but I'll be pretty pissed off... Unwined, I'm sorry, but if you go AFK and don't warn anyone, after 10 minutes I just go without.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Paying at platform? Wow, first time I see this happen. Yeah, only pay in instances IMO >_>.

But I agree, the guys should have at least PMed or something, or you should have made it clear you were flying. I hate when I have people who say like "Coming!"... and they're flying from Archo to FB79, while 5/6 members will be inside already. If it's BH, yes, you will irritate me to no effing end. I can understand some people don't have much money (myself included), but I still map around a bit. DWP 8k tele instead of going right in FB79, for example. Happens a lot to me in FB59, and I get annoyed on that.

Though if several people wind up flying, well I'll take it as an opportunity to go AFK and do other business.

I'm patient, but I will not wait 20 minutes to kill a boss in BH. If it's wined, well I have little to no choice in waiting IMO, but I'll be pretty pissed off... Unwined, I'm sorry, but if you go AFK and don't warn anyone, after 10 minutes I just go without.

I agree. Using teleport in BH 79 is a MUST.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    We all start Flying there and me, having only a 1.5 sword, Got there last.

There is no excuse for you not porting in directly.

You flew from Arch with everyone to Wraithgate. By the time you got there Pyro and Pole were already done? Sorry, if they were all about your level I don't believe your story. You must have afk'd or wasted other time running to the bank, or apo or something.

I often get called into tank BH for friends. I tell them directly if they don't port to DWP to cube to turn in and then port directly in, I will not wait either.

I really just hear QQ from someone who decided to waste everyone else's time, tbh.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • FruityMelons - Heavens Tear
    FruityMelons - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Isn't it funny how people justify stealing? Dang! I guess I should just take my merchandise and leave the store when the lines are too long at Walmart. I mean after all they made me wait. Boohoo for them.

You paid to receive a benefit, they accepted your money to receive a benefit. Period. If the bosses were killed without you, your wine fee should have been refunded. Period.

You didn't pay 50k so they could do it without you. You paid 50k to do the run, regardless of how long it took. Everyone seems to have unsaid rules about everything on here. Can't heal in duels or whatever. So do we add can't fly to a bh to this list?

Would others justify someone taking wine from 5 others only to kick them from the squad and do the run without them? Not saying the could do it alone, but could easily invite 5 other faction members and get the run for "free".

If the expectation is that you teleport in to an instance or get there quickly, that should be stated up front.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I always port into instances myself and do believe people have a duty to go in as fast as it's posible for them to do so. However we are talking about a wine fee here. The very least you can do is ask why someone is missing and give them some time to make it in (5-10 mins) after everyone's at boss. If the squad wasn't willing to wait they should have refunded the OP's wine fee. I can certainly understand there's a point when you're certainly entitled to go ahead without any concern for the fee, but not without fair warning.

And how patient people are can be very relative. I've been in squads where Barb/Cleric had the cynicism of asking for price checks on stuff they were getting from AH/catshops even after we had been waiting for them near boss several minutes...
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Here is everything wrong with this situation:

- You're paying on the platform. Never, never ever, pay on the platform. Honestly, that was your own stupid mistake.

- If you aren't going to spend a measly 10k or however much it is to Wraithgate, then you can tell people you're flying and save up for a faster flying mount. Wraithgate to Archo is not the fastest flight and I for one would be pissed that you make me wait that long and don't even say that you're flying.

- You should have been PM'd before the boss was begun so people could know where you were. Now, by this point, if you had only been half way to Wraithgate... yeah, I'd have done it too. If you had been right outside then I would have waited.

- It took you that long to get to Wraithgate that they could do Pole and Pyro? You're lying about something, be it the speed of your mount or just straight up flying there and not going AFK. If the squad was around your level, no way should they have been able to kill that fast. Polearm I can expect to be done, but Pyro, seriously? You should have easily been at Pyro before they killed it.

- They should have waited for you for one of the bosses at least, most definitely. Although, see above. You must have been going pretty slowly or that was an epically fast squad.

- You should have been given your 50k back, period. The fact you weren't means you were scammed.

This will, however, teach you that it pays to teleport and pays to pay your share in the instance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options

- You're paying on the platform. Never, never ever, pay on the platform. Honestly, that was your own stupid mistake.

- If you aren't going to spend a measly 10k or however much it is to Wraithgate, then you can tell people you're flying and save up for a faster flying mount. Wraithgate to Archo is not the fastest flight and I for one would be pissed that you make me wait that long and don't even say that you're flying.

- You should have been PM'd before the boss was begun so people could know where you were. Now, by this point, if you had only been half way to Wraithgate... yeah, I'd have done it too. If you had been right outside then I would have waited.

- It took you that long to get to Wraithgate that they could do Pole and Pyro? You're lying about something, be it the speed of your mount or just straight up flying there and not going AFK. If the squad was around your level, no way should they have been able to kill that fast. Polearm I can expect to be done, but Pyro, seriously? You should have easily been at Pyro before they killed it.

- They should have waited for you for one of the bosses at least, most definitely. Although, see above. You must have been going pretty slowly or that was an epically fast squad.

- You should have been given your 50k back, period. The fact you weren't means you were scammed.

This will, however, teach you that it pays to teleport and pays to pay your share in the instance.

If both Pyro and Pole were done by the time he got there, he's full of it. He must have afk'd quite a bit. I haven't seen a squad yet that won't ask "Where are you" or wait a few extra minutes for a response or for someone to get there.

I'm pretty sure he took his own sweet time without consideration of the others, and in the end he paid for it. I, for one, would not refund if he disappeared, didn't respond and didn't show up until BH was already done.

Dont' many people port out after Polearm to get Pyro? If so, he must have really sat afk for a good 10-15m.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think OP should explain some points in his story.
    edited March 2010
    Options

Being scammed never teaches you anything except how to become cynical. You are right there are many things wrong here but regardless of anything else....his money was taken without a return of promised goods. He paid for a bh and he got nothing. If the squad did it without him before he got there it's clear they did not "need" him and only "wanted" his money. Greed wins apparently.

But to say that it teaches him a lesson is just wrong. Learning lessons is everyone doing the right thing that ends in failure. Being scammed is an unpredicted scenario that one can never fully prepare for. Next time he covers his butt by paying inside... then who knows...maybe they kick him from the squad. Both sides have to play fair to learn a valuable lesson. "Teaching" someone to be wary of everyone makes bad people.

I know that if I deal with someone that exhibits signs right off the bat about how they don't want to be scammed, I will just move on to someone else.

I assume the people condoning this behavior in the thread also condone catshops at the CS npc that say "Common 4750" and then one of the gems is 200K. While it's true that 4 gems were 4750, it's a blatant scam to list the 5th at any price higher than 4750. I've never fallen for the CS scam but it taught me to cynical about the CS catshops grouping them all into a "bunch of scammers" designation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If both Pyro and Pole were done by the time he got there, he's full of it. He must have afk'd quite a bit. I haven't seen a squad yet that won't ask "Where are you" or wait a few extra minutes for a response or for someone to get there.

I'm pretty sure he took his own sweet time without consideration of the others, and in the end he paid for it. I, for one, would not refund if he disappeared, didn't respond and didn't show up until BH was already done.

Dont' many people port out after Polearm to get Pyro? If so, he must have really sat afk for a good 10-15m.

Would you also have this view if the person stated their internet connection dropped for 10 or 15 minutes? And if they indeed told you so, would you even believe them? I mean as easy as he could be scammed, he could scam back with a lie.

No matter the reason for not going he should have been refunded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Would you also have this view if the person stated their internet connection dropped for 10 or 15 minutes? And if they indeed told you so, would you even believe them? I mean as easy as he could be scammed, he could scam back with a lie.

Now you're just making up excuses.

If you buy a concert ticket or ticket for a movie, your car breaks down, or you run out of gas, or you just sat there in the shower an extra half hour... and you miss it. By your logic, you should get a refund.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Now you're just making up excuses.

If you buy a concert ticket or ticket for a movie, your car breaks down, or you run out of gas, or you just sat there in the shower an extra half hour... and you miss it. By your logic, you should get a refund.

Very true. I don't know if is exactly this situation but you are very true. Maybe OP didn't tell us everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarq - Dreamweaver
    Sarq - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    pole and pyro and you still were not there.
    Humm wine it> run to noxtouch, kill nonox> run to turtle and kill turtle> pull polearm>kill pole arm> run to pyro and pull and kill. That right there is 1/2 hour+ easy. Then if they did wait for you to even start then that would be 1 hour+ time YOU wasted of the other 5 people.

Your story is bs. Maybe next time have consideration for the other 5 people in the squad and get there in a reasonable amount of time.

Then again I guess you feel you are THAT important that the rest of the group should wait 1/2 hour for you to get your cheap **** there.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Very true. I don't know if is exactly this situation but you are very true. Maybe OP didn't tell us everything.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they didn't.

If the expectation is that you teleport in to an instance or get there quickly, that should be stated up front.

And another flaw in your logic... Never assume you should be prompt to a date, a job interview, a meeting or even a BH. Just take your sweet time because the world just revolves around you and should naturally know to wait?

And for giving a refund? You do realize that BH are usually split cost between all the party members, right? You have played enough to know that... so then, who is responsible for 'refunding' him? Nobody should be expected to pay their full fee in refund because that's just not fair either. The OP can go to each member of the party and say "hey can I have my 5k back?" but he probably wasted enough of their time for them to say "**** it, it's been 10 minutes he's not coming, lets just get it done". You can't fault anyone but the OP for that either. He took up a space in the party, he HAS to pay that space whether he is tardy or not.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

I agreed with you up until this point. If he was online, telling them that he was coming, replying to their messages, they should have waited. If he goes offline for 15 minutes, comes back and they're at the last boss...those wines didn't cost the person who got them any less because he DCed. They shouldn't be forced to pay the cost of his DC. Sometimes things happen, but why should the winer have to pay for his DC instead of himself?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Isn't it funny how people justify stealing? Dang! I guess I should just take my merchandise and leave the store when the lines are too long at Walmart. I mean after all they made me wait. Boohoo for them.

You paid to receive a benefit, they accepted your money to receive a benefit. Period. If the bosses were killed without you, your wine fee should have been refunded. Period.

You didn't pay 50k so they could do it without you. You paid 50k to do the run, regardless of how long it took. Everyone seems to have unsaid rules about everything on here. Can't heal in duels or whatever. So do we add can't fly to a bh to this list?
    The whole point of wining a BH is so you can do it more quickly. It defeats the purpose of wining it if you then sit around for 15 minutes waiting for someone too cheap to pay 10k for a teleport to fly there.
    Being scammed never teaches you anything except how to become cynical. You are right there are many things wrong here but regardless of anything else....his money was taken without a return of promised goods. He paid for a bh and he got nothing. If the squad did it without him before he got there it's clear they did not "need" him and only "wanted" his money. Greed wins apparently.
    Let's do a little math here. By the time you're in your 80s and doing BH69, you should be able to grind 200k/hr easily (I'd consider 250-300k/hr more realistic, but let's be conservative and go with the lowest figure). In 15 min, that's 50k. If he's spending 15 min flying there to save himself 10k in teleport fees, he's costing the rest of the group 5*50k = 250k in potential income. You're essentially saying it's wrong for them deprive him of 50k, but it's ok for him to deprive them of 250k. How does that make sense? I'd say it's the individual who insists on flying who is the greedy one. Greedy to save himself 10k even if it costs everyone else 250k.

I agree this could've been handled a lot better, and they should've refunded his wine fee. But people who try to save themselves a few k by not teleporting, forcing 5 others to wait 10-15 minutes are a big pet peeve of mine. Unless you were going to be afk anyway, you do not save money by flying/running. If he had spent the 10k to port, he could've done the BH on time, and the 15 min he'd wasted flying could've been spent grinding making 50k. You have to spend money to make money. If you've got 5 people waiting for you, flying/running becomes 6x worse.

If you want to waste your time and money by not teleporting when you're playing alone, fine, that's none of my business. But once you join a group, you have to stop thinking about what's best for yourself, and start thinking about what's best for the group. There is absolutely no excuse not to teleport to a distant BH like 69. If you're that much of a charity case, I'm sure the rest of the group would be happy to donate 2k per person to cover your teleport fee to save themselves 15 min of waiting. Though I doubt any of them would ever invite you to a group again.
    And for giving a refund? You do realize that BH are usually split cost between all the party members, right? You have played enough to know that... so then, who is responsible for 'refunding' him? Nobody should be expected to pay their full fee in refund because that's just not fair either. The OP can go to each member of the party and say "hey can I have my 5k back?" but he probably wasted enough of their time for them to say "**** it, it's been 10 minutes he's not coming, lets just get it done". You can't fault anyone but the OP for that either. He took up a space in the party, he HAS to pay that space whether he is tardy or not.
    The proper way to handle the refund in this case is for each party member to send him a PM so he can jot down their names. Then he can chase each of them down individually as they go about their business, so he can collect 10k from each of them. He has already established that 10k is more valuable to him than 15 min of his time. So spending 15 min of his time to chase down each group member to collect 10k should be more than worth it for him.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    pole and pyro and you still were not there.
    Humm wine it> run to noxtouch, kill nonox> run to turtle and kill turtle> pull polearm>kill pole arm> run to pyro and pull and kill. That right there is 1/2 hour+ easy. Then if they did wait for you to even start then that would be 1 hour+ time YOU wasted of the other 5 people.

Your story is bs. Maybe next time have consideration for the other 5 people in the squad and get there in a reasonable amount of time.

Then again I guess you feel you are THAT important that the rest of the group should wait 1/2 hour for you to get your cheap **** there.

And I'm pretty sure, that they wait for him at least 5min + writed him but with no answer. So they started so it wouldn't be just 1/2h but maybe at least 35-40min.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options

If you want to waste your time and money by not teleporting when you're playing alone, fine, that's none of my business. But once you join a group, you have to stop thinking about what's best for yourself, and start thinking about what's best for the group. There is absolutely no excuse not to teleport to a distant BH like 69. If you're that much of a charity case, I'm sure the rest of the group would be happy to donate 2k per person to cover your teleport fee to save themselves 15 min of waiting. Though I doubt any of them would ever invite you to a group again.

This is exactly how I'm thinking. Not the best for me, but the best for group. When I'm alone is my business what I'm doing. But If I'm in squad I have to do my best for squad not for myself. We each depend on each other so is very rude to think just about yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The proper way to handle the refund in this case is for each party member to send him a PM so he can jot down their names.

Disagree. Unless the party were to find someone to fill his space, I don't believe a refund is even in order. They did keep him in party, it's not as if they booted him and invited someone else to go (and knowing BH69 well enough, they could have easily found a replacement), so I assume they waited and even went on with the thought that he would probably come back before they did anything makes sense, at least to me. If they truly had any intent of scamming, he would have been kicked after a few minutes and someone else found to pay another BH fee. That's not the case.

If they just went ahead and went killing the bosses without saying a word, I'd agree that he was owed a refun, however he's still at fault for not just porting in, IMO.

Then he can chase each of them down individually as they go about their business, so he can collect 10k from each of them. He has already established that 10k is more valuable to him than 15 min of his time. So spending 15 min of his time to chase down each group member to collect 10k should be more than worth it for him.

lol. Yeah. Perhaps.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Um... a bit related.

A few days ago I was in bh69 for nub-->pyro. We decided we'll do Pole for drops. One guy mentioned he stil needed it for old bh. After pyro I specifically told him not to port out since we are going to kill Pole which he needed & that he will not get another pole. ._. what does he do? He ports out... Squad goes to pole... I guess they didn't notice he wasn't here. Veno was kinda not engrish I presume... She continues to pull pole without waiting, the others start killing pole... I tell the guy to hurry up. He does. When boss hp starts going I repeatedly ask others to stop killing the boss & wait for the last member ._. I guess they either just ignored me or weren't paying attention...

The guy gets there just as pole dies but not close enough to get the kill. Gets pissed & leaves.

The End ._.

Facepalm to the squad, but also to the guy as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Wall of QQ text and fail lgoic.

It teaches him everything.

By not getting his refund he learns that
    - if he takes too long people won't wait. So teleport next time.
    - if you pay outside the instance and end up missing the bosses because you take too long, pay INSIDE instead

If you honestly think that there is nothing to learn from his experience [and you honestly think this guy hasn't skipped details] then you're really as foolish as he is.

Bullcrap. Honest to god bullcrap right there.

If he had d/c'd for 10 to 15 minutes, you would have to assume that he would say so here, wouldn't you? And also, who waits for somebody so unresponsive for that long? I wouldn't. I doubt you would because seriously, you've wined that instance to make it go faster, now you're going to waste that time waiting on somebody who d/c'd? I think not.

I would believe that if they went offline and then came back online, BTW. If somebody does nothing for ten minutes then suddenly leaves squad, you can bet that's a disconnection right there.

Would I wait for them anyway? No.

Your logic sucks beyond all comprehensible reason. Yes, he should learn lessons from this scam. Yes, being scammed does teach you lessons. Do you seriously think it doesn't?

Because if that's the case, your logic dictates somebody who gets scammed by buying a shard for the wrong price because of a misleading title doesn't learn from this mistake. This would mean they continue to get scammed.

See the problem with your logic now? Scamming does teach people a lesson. If you think it doesn't, I'm going to assume you've been scammed and somehow didn't learn from it, and have carried this view across to all players. In which case, you're an idiot, aren't you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    get your faction and friends and pester them off the server please

or

Consider that there aren't that many people on a server, WC their names
    If your blacklisted they won't know anyway, but everyone else will

Very efficient payback
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Cool story bro!
  • Vorawrcious - Harshlands
    Vorawrcious - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    YOUR WHOLE STORIES FULL OF HOLES BUB! NOW SPILL IT!

Sorry i got carried away after reading all the debates and cross examinations. I thought we were interagating the guy. I was goignm to be the tough cop.

Most are in agreement that he must have taken far too long to arrive at the BH. There's just no logical excuse for getting there that long after the others. They completely finished and you saw only coin packs on the ground..... Come on.

The harder question is, did OP deserve his money back since he didn't get the product/service he paid for? This is not black and white and impossible to say for sure since we weren't theer and going by hearsay and assumptions. I can't say either side is definitely wrong.

If i was a judge and had to rule i would say OP does not deserve his money back. He took the spot of someone who could have helped DD and contributed for wines so no obligation to refund 50k.

Sorry sir, learn a PWI lesson and move on. Judgement for the defendant *pounds gavel*