69 Mold Rings or TT80 Rings

Options
Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Wizard
Which ones are better for a pure wiz to use?

Also the TT80 gold sword or the level 79 mold glaive?
Post edited by Drmelvin - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Which ones are better for a pure wiz to use?

Also the TT80 gold sword or the level 79 mold glaive?
    Why you don't make TT 90 weapon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Why you don't make TT 90 weapon?

I have 2 TT90 weapons for my cleric but I asked about my pure wiz
  • Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    mold rings.
    TT80 rings suck imo.
  • _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    _Vivio_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't even bother with TT80 or legendary rings. I'm guessing your talking about the demon heart ring and ring of naga but it isnt even that good. On my server demon heart ring runs around 1 million, you can find 3 stars or even 1 star for cheaper with better adds.

Ring of the Naga you'll have a hard time reselling it to recoup the value if you bought the mats. If it was farmed I would rather sell the mats and buy a nice 3 star or 1 star with comparable stats. If your thinking of making the TT80 to eventually make the TT90 gold magic ring that is a horrible idea since its a 2% crit ring, 30% evasion is horrible, and it only adds 88 magic attack costs roughly 13-15 million each. I don't think you meant to imply this route but I'm putting it out there in case.

I am pure as well only have 3 vit. I just got w/e ring was there that had hp and/or crit as I lvl'd up until I hit 95 then I got myself a set of Lunar rings b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty. Eitherway do the attendance daily you get a nice 3% crit ring and its free the only problem is its 90 days of 1 hour waiting but heck you can do that while on WQ or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Being a wiz is awesome b:dirtyb:dirty

Sig damage is before facebook Jones Blessings were in game with lunar wand.

Rank8 Wizard as of October 22, 2010 b:pleased
  • Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't even bother with TT80 or legendary rings. I'm guessing your talking about the demon heart ring and ring of naga but it isnt even that good. On my server demon heart ring runs around 1 million, you can find 3 stars or even 1 star for cheaper with better adds.

Ring of the Naga you'll have a hard time reselling it to recoup the value if you bought the mats. If it was farmed I would rather sell the mats and buy a nice 3 star or 1 star with comparable stats. If your thinking of making the TT80 to eventually make the TT90 gold magic ring that is a horrible idea since its a 2% crit ring, 30% evasion is horrible, and it only adds 88 magic attack costs roughly 13-15 million each. I don't think you meant to imply this route but I'm putting it out there in case.

I am pure as well only have 3 vit. I just got w/e ring was there that had hp and/or crit as I lvl'd up until I hit 95 then I got myself a set of Lunar rings b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty. Eitherway do the attendance daily you get a nice 3% crit ring and its free the only problem is its 90 days of 1 hour waiting but heck you can do that while on WQ or something.

I honestly don't think he was talking about a 9x wizard (must be an 8x since he's asking about 8x weps). And if he could afford those lunar gold rings, why would he ask about cheap rings like demon heart's or the TT80 one?

So taking lunar gold and dream of realities, which tend to have the stacked +mag attack adds, demon heart is the best til 94 ish.
    I don't know why you say it sucks when it gives a total of +91 magic attack and 8 mag.

Give me ANY ring under 9x that compares with that except the roll call one which takes another 80 days for anyone to get.
    The best 88 ring I've seen gives ~110 mag attack total, but no added mag, so the difference is negligible (but it cost over 3m) and I've only seen one of those ever.

And realizing I didn't answer the question about swords, go with TT80. The 79 glaive isn't good.
    edited March 2010
    Options

Well I made the TT80 rings on my cleric because they were the best option at the time, and they were farmed mats so i thought why not. I have 2 TT80 rings and 2 demon hearts but i wont be able to afford 2 lunar rings by the time my wiz is 95, its currently 80.
    I honestly don't think he was talking about a 9x wizard (must be an 8x since he's asking about 8x weps). And if he could afford those lunar gold rings, why would he ask about cheap rings like demon heart's or the TT80 one?

So taking lunar gold and dream of realities, which tend to have the stacked +mag attack adds, demon heart is the best til 94 ish.
    I don't know why you say it sucks when it gives a total of +91 magic attack and 8 mag.

Give me ANY ring under 9x that compares with that except the roll call one which takes another 80 days for anyone to get.
    The best 88 ring I've seen gives ~110 mag attack total, but no added mag, so the difference is negligible (but it cost over 3m) and I've only seen one of those ever.

And realizing I didn't answer the question about swords, go with TT80. The 79 glaive isn't good.

Thanks, the TT80 gold sword adds the 2% crit and the 12 vit but the 79 glaive adds more magic stat so i thought it might have been better. I have already lined up 2 OHT 94 rings stated with like mag +7 mag +5 and vit +4 on 1 and on the other +7 vit and +8 vit.

As i said, my wiz is 80 so that why i wanted to know which is preferred around that level for damage output.
  • _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    _Vivio_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

I wasn't talking about a 9X wizard I was talking about my experiences lvling up to where I am. Eventually I sought out the lunar rings but that doesn't mean my rings b4 then were worse then those TT80 or legendary 69 mold. TT80 wow 1% crit 79 magic attack like you cant find a lvl 78 ring with +1 crit and +14 magic attack? The legendary mold on my server it goes for 1 million and made 1.2-1.6 mill. I'd rather get a regular ring for less then 200k that gives me similar stats and all it takes is some searching in AH for a couple days sure it might be 2-3 magic points less but heck why would I care if its going to be replaced anyways. You get my point?

That ring you saw was a rip off lol.

Well its not up to legendary mold but its about 100 magic attack on the character menu difference.

http://i44.tinypic.com/1se3jb.jpg

edit -
    Well I made the TT80 rings on my cleric because they were the best option at the time, and they were farmed mats so i thought why not. I have 2 TT80 rings and 2 demon hearts but i wont be able to afford 2 lunar rings by the time my wiz is 95, its currently 80.

Oh I see you already made them. I thought you were planning on making them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Being a wiz is awesome b:dirtyb:dirty

Sig damage is before facebook Jones Blessings were in game with lunar wand.

Rank8 Wizard as of October 22, 2010 b:pleased
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    From a Damage Dealing perspective,

78 npc rings with decent +magic attack mods, or crit mods, with hp being the next most wanted.

At 88 replace em with 2% crit npc rings preferably with hp adds, but just the crit will be ok.

As for weapon, Denied Fate will be your goal for 90 (best damage range out of the 90 weapons when refined) so get a wheel of life or w/e.

From a pve standpoint, get rings with the best hp mods you can (check AH before settling on the ones you currently have) and use either Endless Ambiguity (Light Armour) or Yaksa(?) (Arcane) then re sell if you want a different TT tree for the weapon at 90.

EDIT: saw you wrote pure so try for yaksa rather than gold, since yaksa has a smexxy +defence mod on it and has resale value since it doesn't bind to you.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Abby_Sciuto - Sanctuary
    Abby_Sciuto - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    On rings, Demon hearts is best.

I agree with witch on the swords
    edited March 2010
    Options
    From a Damage Dealing perspective,

78 npc rings with decent +magic attack mods, or crit mods, with hp being the next most wanted.

At 88 replace em with 2% crit npc rings preferably with hp adds, but just the crit will be ok.

As for weapon, Denied Fate will be your goal for 90 (best damage range out of the 90 weapons when refined) so get a wheel of life or w/e.

From a pve standpoint, get rings with the best hp mods you can (check AH before settling on the ones you currently have) and use either Endless Ambiguity (Light Armour) or Yaksa(?) (Arcane) then re sell if you want a different TT tree for the weapon at 90.

EDIT: saw you wrote pure so try for yaksa rather than gold, since yaksa has a smexxy +defence mod on it and has resale value since it doesn't bind to you.

Since my cleric is 91 and my wiz is 80 im re-using equips through the higher levels. I have the TT90 Glaive and TT90 crit sword (just for the 99 sword and it was cheap) so i was looking for an alternative than buying/farming for another Yaksa. The TT80 gold sword mats were farmed so im using that and selling the glaive until 90 when i will probably use the TT90 glaive
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    another easy to obtain ring with more than decent stats would be the one from lochmur 7 quest.

emeral meteor
    lvl 58 3star - comes with +28 mag , and +7-8 vit/int

took me to my 90s
  • Linwiz - Lost City
    Linwiz - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    another easy to obtain ring with more than decent stats would be the one from lochmur 7 quest.

emeral meteor
    lvl 59 3star - comes with +28 mag , and +7-8 vit/int

took me to my 90s

fixed it for ya

and yes, that is an awesome ring

combined it has +79 attack Dex/Mag(Depending on might or magic ring) +7~8 and Vit +7~8

it can last one hell of a long time, imo not even a green frost ring is that good for magic users (I do have a green frost ring too and with the +mag bonus on quest ring m atk is higher then green frost for it)