Suggestion: Take suggestions more serious

Options
YordaUjain - Dreamweaver
YordaUjain - Dreamweaver Posts: 242 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Suggestion Box
My suggestion is for GMs to take player feedback more seriously.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

Got Dot? Why Not? It PAYS! website.ws/tomujain
Post edited by YordaUjain - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Absolutely
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yeah true that, I agree 1+
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Understatement of the year.
  • Onin - Harshlands
    Onin - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Just another AGREE, keep reading
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What do you expect the GMs to be able to do? All they can do with things in the suggestion forum is to pass them on to the Devs. Even on the rare occasion it's a good suggestion posted here, it's up to the Devs to decide if they want to implement it. Whether or not the Devs implement them, the GMs have no real say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Geddon - Raging Tide
    Geddon - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yes, but...
    When more GM's would look more into the Suggestion Box, then they would see more bright ideas.
    When more ideas are passed to the devs, more have a chance to become reality (in PW)b:victory
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The ideas in here are usually 1.) Not that good 2.) Good but completely impossible to implement. 3.) Just terrible.

Even the few truly good, possible ideas that are posted in here will not get implemented if the Devs don't want to implement them. I'm sure some of the really good ones get mentioned, but when all is said and done - much like in any other F2P MMO forum, this section is basically here to try and pacify players more than look for ideas.

The Devs know what they want to do with the game. Sure there's a chance they might listen to ideas passed on by the GMs, but I'm not sure how good of a chance that is.

Anyway the short version of my ranting - don't blame the GMs. I'm sure the really good ideas are being passed on, but that's all they can do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Geddon - Raging Tide
    Geddon - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    But the question is...
    If no one listens, then why make this forum?b:shutup
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Fail thread.

Its the devs who make the content. The GMs can submit our ideas, but the devs have final word on it.

I agree with FatherTed on this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited March 2010
    Options
    But the question is...
    If no one listens, then why make this forum?b:shutup

Mainly to give players a chance to get ideas off their heads in a separate forum so it doesn't clog up the others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Actually, that is the function I assume the MODS have, to separate the crappy spammy ideas from the good ones, escalate them to the GM team, for them to review them and escalate to the devs, Is it not?
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Its not a decision for a moderator to make. They are only here to make sure the population adheres to the rules.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the tip ^^ Then, GM team, go read my suggestions.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • YordaUjain - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Although I do feel like whatever I say - I am been totally ignored. PWI don't even reply to most threads only players. I've played many other free MMOs like PWI, where the staff and community is amazing, i.e my last MMO. You suggested something on their forums they would have the respect to at least REPLY to it regardless of it been a good idea or not. I don't even think over my time of playing PWI ANY idea has been implanted from a player before.

I mean no disrespect to PWI staff, but I just feel like they don't really give a damn about us or our ideas. I'm not feeling the vibe for PWI at all, the overall standard of the staff isn't good at all compared to other MMOs i've played (which are free).

I can remember suggesting a few well needed servers for my last MMO, within a day I got a reply, servers were up the next week. Other things i've suggested have been thought about or at least -CONSIDERED- PWI is a awesome game, just heavily let down by how they treat suggestions, I do feel ignored. And I know i'm not the only one.

TBH, I don't really see much effort from staff. You try contacting one in game, it's difficult. How many people have actually seen a GM in game? I am disappointed greatly in the team here. I have seen A LOT better.

Please don't send me hate reply, I am just expressing MY opinion also I know many other share it as well.

You can try and cover this up and be nice to the team as much as you want, but you can't dress up the fact they don't really give a damn about our feedback nor are they even putting effort into considering ideas. Regardless of how the main version is based in china or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

• Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You do realize that they have taken some suggestions, right? Like how TB wings are twice as big as they used to be because people complained there were too small, and how genie skills were nerfed. They're just ninja'd in so that hardly anyone notices that they're there.

Frankly, most of these suggestions aren't realistic. For example (I know a lot of people will hate me for this) the barbarian/venomancer trueform/foxform
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You do realize that they have taken some suggestions, right?

I didn't know, that you for pointing that out.

Frankly, most of these suggestions aren't realistic. For example (I know a lot of people will hate me for this) the barbarian/venomancer trueform/foxform

I agree, most of the suggestions are to put it lightly, not good. Although at the same time I have seen some very good suggestions which have all been ignored and probably are at page 150 in these forums now.

I respect your view on the "true form" thing. It would be nice to have that in, but the truth is it won't ever happen. We both know that.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful to the team here, I just want to feel less ignored when making a suggestion. It would be nice if the staff here replied to our threads every now and then.

Also, I've seen bugs people have been telling me have been around since when PWI beta was open!!!! Surely they are getting enough money to deal with these things? Me and my friend have already put in around $100 alone, the world chat makes a good amount also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If the devs were from USA, it would help a lot. Now the GMs find a couple of good ideas every week/month and pass those on. BUT you must remember that the PW China has forums on its own too and it most probably also has a suggestion box of some kind. New things are added to the game on monthly basis, so not too many things get implemented. Also, I'm sure the devs are more interested in making new features based on suggestions made by Chinese players.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If the devs were from USA, it would help a lot. Now the GMs find a couple of good ideas every week/month and pass those on. BUT you must remember that the PW China has forums on its own too and it most probably also has a suggestion box of some kind. New things are added to the game on monthly basis, so not too many things get implemented. Also, I'm sure the devs are more interested in making new features based on suggestions made by Chinese players.

If that's the case, why don't we all just use one big forum with PWI having their own section.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If that's the case, why don't we all just use one big forum with PWI having their own section.

Because the devs can't read English so they would need translators anyway b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If the GMs would take the suggestions more serious, then the suggestions have to be more serious. There is a bunch of ridiculous ideas, especially from the devs themselves. That suggestions became more likely dying.

Why?
    **** marriages (Chinese culture, by Chinese people, its against the law)
    Make male venoes and female barbs (same thing)
    Nerf [class] (although physics need to be balanced to be less of trouble to squad with)
    ETC ETC

we made our own suggestion forum not to be taken serious... why? Because we are making ridiculous suggestions.

Its like trying to laugh at cooking or something... doesn't make sense b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
    edited March 2010
    Options
    True, but at the same time I don't think it matters if you come out with the most amazing suggestion ever odds are it'll still be ignored. Even things that would of greatly helped to improve the "feel" of the game have been ignored.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The GM's are not in charge of implementing our ideas. If you're looking for more comments from the GM's, as it has been said by them many a time, there wont be many comments made, so don't expect it. If you want suggestions to taken seriously, you have to make them serious. You may think you're making a good suggestion, but before posting, take a good long thought about whether it is or not, and do it based on opinion, but on facts. I'm pretty sure that the GM's pass reasonable suggestion along to the Devs, but the Devs may not want to implement it, or maybe just haven't gotten to them yet.

These are just some things to keep into consideration b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Rastul - Lost City
    Rastul - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The biggest problem is that we turn half our suggestions into a damned flame war. This entire area is just flames and flames again. If we flamed yes, MAYBE we'd get take more seriously. And if our suggestions stopped being:
    "MOAR SKILLZ"
    "MOAR QUESTS"
    "FIX STUFF"
    "UPDATE GRAPHICS"

ect cetera.

~Rast