Capping vit

Littlebluboi - Heavens Tear
Littlebluboi - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Blademaster
Hello b:bye im doing 3 str 1 dex 1 vit every level as an A/H blademaster, but on higher levels i would really like to use fists, but since axes require 6 str every 2 levels and fists require 4 dex every 2, well, where should a blademaster cap his/her vit?
Post edited by Littlebluboi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hello b:bye im doing 3 str 1 dex 1 vit every level as an A/H blademaster, but on higher levels i would really like to use fists, but since axes require 6 str every 2 levels and fists require 4 dex every 2, well, where should a blademaster cap his/her vit?

Well, let's say you want to use fists at 90. Here is the complete list, if you are level 90, got 272 STR for 90 axes and so on:
    1. Level 90 fists - 178 DEX - 10 VIT
    2. Level 85 fists - 168 DEX - 20 VIT
    3. Level 80 fists - 159 DEX - 29 VIT
    4. Level 70 claws - 143 DEX - 45 VIT
    5. Level 60 fists - 120 DEX - 68 VIT

That's basically how much VIT you can have. I got 80 base VIT, which means that at 90 I won't be having too good fists.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Littlebluboi - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    yeah okay, well, lets say i wanna use A/H and polearm, which makes the build 3 str 1 dex 1 vit per level really good, but ive heard that switch to 3 str 2 dex per level was a good option when vit has been capped, but at what level should i cap vit if im following this path?
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    yeah okay, well, lets say i wanna use A/H and polearm, which makes the build 3 str 1 dex 1 vit per level really good, but ive heard that switch to 3 str 2 dex per level was a good option when vit has been capped, but at what level should i cap vit if im following this path?

If you get 90 pole and 90 axes, you need 272 STR and 98 DEX. That means you can have as much as 90 VIT at 90. Altho many ppl suggest you restat to 3 VIT at 90.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • shootingstarvn
    shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    b:thanks restat to 3 vit and lose like 1k hp unbuffedb:thanks
  • Esque - Lost City
    Esque - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    restat to 3 like starvn, or restat vit to 5, cap dex at 200, then put the rest in str. refind for hp and fill every socket with citrine sharts i guess.
    Allnighte - knn read pwdatabase laio, rank6 weap needs all of the badges la.
    rank8 laio just la needs laio rep la

Naevo - o wait dis be pw-my-en? ding dong la
  • DTK - Dreamweaver
    DTK - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    restat to 3 like starvn, or restat vit to 5, cap dex at 200, then put the rest in str. refind for hp and fill every socket with citrine sharts i guess.

^ that if you want fists(which is probably the best choice for end game bms)but if you dont want to give up hp or can't get the money to become a fist bm, cap vit at 50 for pole+axeb:bye
  • TerminatorX - Lost City
    TerminatorX - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    88's the proper place for a pole+axe to cap vit to equip lvl 90 weapons on both sides.
    Red Truth. A conditional truth - Pole BMs are epic... as tanks.
    Blue Truth. A possible truth - Full Vit Pole BMs are epic at AoE.
    Golden Truth. The absolute truth - My Pole BM is the most epic on Lost City.
    He who masters truth, masters the world. Maybe. Showering daily helps too.
  • Littlebluboi - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    88's the proper place for a pole+axe to cap vit to equip lvl 90 weapons on both sides.

so i should cap vit at 88? btw, you dont need vit to equip weapons ^^
  • TerminatorX - Lost City
    TerminatorX - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    No, if you're going pole/axe 88 vit's the absolute maximum you can have. Kunpuntu said before that you'll want at least 272 Str and 98 Dex at level 90 and it's only possible to reach those if your Vit is 90 or less. Btw, there's no point in leaving Dex at 98 when an extra crit% is 2 stat points away, so max vit is 88.

You shouldn't really cap vit that high though, you still want Dex for accuracy and evasion. Cap at 20 to 40ish max if you don't want to be squishy but still do something other than tank.
    Red Truth. A conditional truth - Pole BMs are epic... as tanks.
    Blue Truth. A possible truth - Full Vit Pole BMs are epic at AoE.
    Golden Truth. The absolute truth - My Pole BM is the most epic on Lost City.
    He who masters truth, masters the world. Maybe. Showering daily helps too.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I use all weapons but manly Axes/Fists (well more so my fists xD) . My vitality is at 36 base. I get more dex & vit with tome and other equips.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zenwarrior21
    zenwarrior21 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Would it be good to cap vit at 35?
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I capped at 20 and use fist/axe my lvl on my 60 bm (do need a few str from gear though)

Had 19 when i decided to use axes too and 20 just seemed like a nice round number
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Agniteja - Lost City
    Agniteja - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    But still my vit is about 46 without add ons and dex exceeds 100.........would my chances of survival against barbs be good at 100 if i cap it off now????And would my max hp reach 7k??