I just don't get it

Lilanella - Heavens Tear
Lilanella - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Venomancer
I do not get how you people get money for hercs/nixes!!
Now please, no 'you noob use the search button'.
I have used it, read the replies, but I don't get it. If I do get stuff to sell, it never sells, and I don't know which herbs/mats to farm. I only have 1mil right now b:cry
So, please, help?
What are good strategies for making money, just in general?
Again, I HAVE used search, but I just don't get it.
Sorry for the annoying thread b:surrenderb:shutup
Post edited by Lilanella - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Strobe - Raging Tide
    Strobe - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=595361

I'm a level 22 Psychic and I already have 3mill I have been playing on this version of PW for not very long... Great guide, follow it. :)
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Have you tried pressing the "O" key?
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Have you tried pressing the "O" key?

troll more.
  • BattleFairy - Lost City
    BattleFairy - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I think it takes merchanting nowadays.

That said, you dont necessarily need them at your level.

I would say you would want to get a herc by 75-80 to really start to maximize your money making ability.

So at some point you really need to just stop buying stuff and buckle down on the herc.
    The Swarm is imminent...
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It must be rather hard getting a herc/nix these days unless you cash shop :o

I got my herc at lvl 70 back in the days just from saving up all my grind money. I started saving up force/feathers at lvl 10 with money i could spare and after like 10-12 weeks i had all 9999. Than once you got herc it was easy to solo HH/fb79 for a couple of week to get a nix.

But back than gold was like 100k each and HHmats/fb79 molders mats was worth a lot b:chuckle Was so easy to get legendary pets without cash shopping.

Dont think you can get a herc/nix now before lvl 90 unless you cash shop or if you just get really lucky in general with drops and such. Can dig mid/special mats for money, merchandise and have buy/sell shop, farm HH in solomode 80+ i guess. Just have to accept the fact that it will take a couple of months.
  • Gritha - Lost City
    Gritha - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    OMG can i solo HH with glacial walker? cause everyone says veno without herc are useless at high levels so how do i solo dungeons?
    i'm really concerned about this question and ty for the thread, it will be usefull for many venos i guess^^
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    troll more.

Yes you should! Then we can pick on you.

Nice to see you again Plicid! ;) Take care of Hop.

You make money by grinding and selling.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Acquiring XP is stupid easy in this game. Acquiring wealth w/o spending RL cash is were the challenge is at. Suck at the game? -no problem: use the cash shop!
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • mooman321
    mooman321 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Do you need a herc to be useful at high levels? No. The problem comes at high levels when although we are not useless, we are not as usefull as a veno with a herc.

1. Catshop set up buying high mats, making wines, selling for profit.
    2. Farm high mats. If you can sell them as wines for 3k each and at average gold prices...

20,000 high mats will get you herc. A good mat route will get you 20 mats every ten minutes if you have it times correctly. Bottom line:

166 hours of farming high mats. About 2 months for 2-3 hours a day.

You can cut that time way down by simply investing $50 in gold and playing the market (buy high, sell low) and trolling AH for good deals. Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    But I want an oompa loompa naaoooh!
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Honestly, since I've really been interested in getting on my veno and leveling her (or him?). I came to the conclusion that unless you're going to cash shop. Veno might not be the best class to start off with. Sure they're great to solo with but fact of the matter is. Squadding earns you more money, after a time on the game you will inevitably get to know some people. Whom you of course, will be able to run several TT/FB/FF whatever runs with, you'll quickly have people in your friend's list which you'll mark as "Usual TT buddy" or w/e.
    However, a venomancer is not all that great as a DD in TTs, and with zeal genies. We really don't need a veno except for maybe some cases. Sure their pets are sufficient DDs in a TT but what good are they if the pet keeps dying, in that case a same level assassin/archer will out DD the pet even with the damage reduction.

So, what I plan to do is simply sub TT runs on my BM and get the money for a Herc and then roll a Veno, or at least get a good head start in terms of coins before starting to level my veno.
    I've been grinding for my TT90 set and within a week I've come a long way, I've almost got all the materials needed and expect to have the rest of them within next week. Now I don't run 10 TTs a day, so it certainly is possible to get a good amount of money in a short period of time. That being said, most TT90 pieces sell for 3m to 5m a piece. so it wouldn't take that long of a time to get the ~70m (7k per SoF on my server, so that's about 70m for a herc) needed for the pet.
    So yeah, unless you plan to first level your veno 8x-9x and then start squadding and subbing TT runs (Regardless if you have a herc or not. A veno is still just a DD unless specifically agreed otherwise by the squad) your only other options are cash shopping, or go down the slow route. Sure merchanting is great and all selling materials. But eh, there will always be that one shop right next to/near yours that sells it for 2 coins cheaper and gets all the sales. That's the hard part about merchanting with items that are out there to grab at lower levels. It's everyone's way of making money.

Edit: My avatar lies, my character is about to hit 86. Just so people don't say I'm trolling about doing the TT runs for my TT90 gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    if you get TT mats with friends and have money, why do you want to roll a veno and that one with herc which is in your opinion just another DD?
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Honestly, since I've really been interested in getting on my veno and leveling her (or him?). I came to the conclusion that unless you're going to cash shop. Veno might not be the best class to start off with. Sure they're great to solo with but fact of the matter is. Squadding earns you more money, after a time on the game you will inevitably get to know some people. Whom you of course, will be able to run several TT/FB/FF whatever runs with, you'll quickly have people in your friend's list which you'll mark as "Usual TT buddy" or w/e.
    However, a venomancer is not all that great as a DD in TTs, and with zeal genies. We really don't need a veno except for maybe some cases. Sure their pets are sufficient DDs in a TT but what good are they if the pet keeps dying, in that case a same level assassin/archer will out DD the pet even with the damage reduction.

So, what I plan to do is simply sub TT runs on my BM and get the money for a Herc and then roll a Veno, or at least get a good head start in terms of coins before starting to level my veno.
    I've been grinding for my TT90 set and within a week I've come a long way, I've almost got all the materials needed and expect to have the rest of them within next week. Now I don't run 10 TTs a day, so it certainly is possible to get a good amount of money in a short period of time. That being said, most TT90 pieces sell for 3m to 5m a piece. so it wouldn't take that long of a time to get the ~70m (7k per SoF on my server, so that's about 70m for a herc) needed for the pet.
    So yeah, unless you plan to first level your veno 8x-9x and then start squadding and subbing TT runs (Regardless if you have a herc or not. A veno is still just a DD unless specifically agreed otherwise by the squad) your only other options are cash shopping, or go down the slow route. Sure merchanting is great and all selling materials. But eh, there will always be that one shop right next to/near yours that sells it for 2 coins cheaper and gets all the sales. That's the hard part about merchanting with items that are out there to grab at lower levels. It's everyone's way of making money.

Edit: My avatar lies, my character is about to hit 86. Just so people don't say I'm trolling about doing the TT runs for my TT90 gear.

lol..
    1st of all veno isnt just another dd,veno makes more dmg then any other class because of pet which dont have dmg reduction on bosses.if barb is any good he wont be losing aggro and if veno knows even a bit of that class,pet wont die.
    every veno when dd on boss,should turn off casting skills on her pet so it dont get aggro.
    i hope u do realize venos dont need party for hh,just gonna solo squad mode and keep all the drops,sell what they dont need.
    most of venos goes in squad cuz someone else invite them,or they helping farm for guild or for friend.
    pulling with zeal can fail,veno wont i guess thats why people prefer squad up with veno.
    squad might get it done faster,but dont expect from squad to hand u in all mats.
    if ur only interested in getting hh90 gear,my suggestion is to find a good faction who helps with hh90 gear,instead of lvling veno and spending 70mil+ on herc.

and for OP,b4 u try sell stuff compare prices in other cat shops/ah,dont overprice things ur trying to sell,cuz u might end up waiting forever.
  • Lythiaana - Dreamweaver
    Lythiaana - Dreamweaver Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lol..
    1st of all veno isnt just another dd,veno makes more dmg then any other class because of pet which dont have dmg reduction on bosses.if barb is any good he wont be losing aggro and if veno knows even a bit of that class,pet wont die.
    every veno when dd on boss,should turn off casting skills on her pet so it dont get aggro.
    i hope u do realize venos dont need party for hh,just gonna solo squad mode and keep all the drops,sell what they dont need.
    most of venos goes in squad cuz someone else invite them,or they helping farm for guild or for friend.
    pulling with zeal can fail,veno wont i guess thats why people prefer squad up with veno.
    squad might get it done faster,but dont expect from squad to hand u in all mats.
    if ur only interested in getting hh90 gear,my suggestion is to find a good faction who helps with hh90 gear,instead of lvling veno and spending 70mil+ on herc.

and for OP,b4 u try sell stuff compare prices in other cat shops/ah,dont overprice things ur trying to sell,cuz u might end up waiting forever.

And don't forget that Venos beat every other method on SAFE pulling. Emphasis on the safe part there. Venos are really essential in TT runs. Niki pretty much hit all the important points. Pets can easily pull aggro from a barb with aggroing skills and the no damage reduction really helps speed up the killing. Don't ever forget the amp damage and purge on some bosses. Otherwise, your runs are probably going to take at least 30 minutes more.
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    True, the veno does more damage than any other class. But what good will that do you in the TT runs that actually matter if you don't have a herc? Magmite can't tank Wurlord, Drumboss (1-3), Soul Banisher and most of the other bosses at higher difficulties which are the ones with the good drops anyway. So it still comes down to it, if you don't have a herc your pet is going to die a lot against those bosses and you will inevitably die yourself or create the possibility of stealing aggro, then losing it and someone else besides the barb gets it (One of the other DDs) and they will also die.

And I also hope that you realize that Solo mode on TT is very limited and the drops generally suck. Which brings me back to the first point and essentially the OP's question, how do people do it without hercs or how they manage to get a herc. If you don't have one, you're going to be stuck doing the Solo TT runs that barely drop anything worth selling.
    I'm sorry if I offended any of you playing the class, but I still stand my ground and say that veno is by far not essential on 90% of the TT runs. "Safe" pulling is nonsense, it's more like "easier" pulling. Most of my TT runs involve having no Veno and I've never had a problem pulling/luring bosses/mobs to where they need to be using a zeal genie.
    Sure Venos are great as an extra and the extra damage is nice from the pet, but when it comes down to it. They are hardly as essential as other classes are.
    As for the TT90 gear, my point wasn't that I want a veno to be able to farm it. My point is that it's easy to get the TT90 gear within a short period of time. Which can be converted to x amount of coins within that period of time. So gathering the money for a herc/phoenix shouldn't be all that hard if you use another main character first.

To answer the person about why I want to roll a veno: It's either a veno or a barb, and I'm kind of bored of playing Melee characters, and I hated all other magic/caster classes.
    And I won't be getting a herc per se at first, I'm more interested in the phoenix b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Dude - even if you DO have a herc you're going to die against those bosses.
    Warlurd in 2-1 will one-shot my herc. Maybe at a higher level it won't - but 22 and 23 sure will.

Drummer I've recently been assured a golem CAN tank (surprised me, too)

Soul banisher... yeah, I'll grant you that one.

Anyway. Venos are great in TT squads even if they're not the tank. Loads of lubbly damage puts those bosses to sleep quickety quick.

Essential?
    No. The only essential classes are barb and cleric.
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Anyway. Venos are great in TT squads even if they're not the tank. Loads of lubbly damage puts those bosses to sleep quickety quick.

Essential?
    No. The only essential classes are barb and cleric.

Thank you, I believe you only read the last post but you just pointed out exactly what I said. That MOST, and notice the word "most" Venos are just a nice addition as a DD class. Which the previous two Veno players got a little bit angry at me for saying that :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Yes you should! Then we can pick on you.

Nice to see you again Plicid! ;) Take care of Hop.

You make money by grinding and selling.

Who might this "Hop" be that you talk about? b:question

Back to subject: you also make money by saving up more and more, and not spending it on useless stuff like um clothes...
    >.<
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Who might this "Hop" be that you talk about? b:question

Back to subject: you also make money by saving up more and more, and not spending it on useless stuff like um clothes...

Hopsu, a cleric from HT. =)
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hopsu, a cleric from HT. =)

*cough* forget i asked. *cough* b:shutup b:avoid
    >.<
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    True, the veno does more damage than any other class. But what good will that do you in the TT runs that actually matter if you don't have a herc? Magmite can't tank Wurlord, Drumboss (1-3), Soul Banisher and most of the other bosses at higher difficulties which are the ones with the good drops anyway. So it still comes down to it, if you don't have a herc your pet is going to die a lot against those bosses and you will inevitably die yourself or create the possibility of stealing aggro, then losing it and someone else besides the barb gets it (One of the other DDs) and they will also die.

And I also hope that you realize that Solo mode on TT is very limited and the drops generally suck. Which brings me back to the first point and essentially the OP's question, how do people do it without hercs or how they manage to get a herc. If you don't have one, you're going to be stuck doing the Solo TT runs that barely drop anything worth selling.
    I'm sorry if I offended any of you playing the class, but I still stand my ground and say that veno is by far not essential on 90% of the TT runs. "Safe" pulling is nonsense, it's more like "easier" pulling. Most of my TT runs involve having no Veno and I've never had a problem pulling/luring bosses/mobs to where they need to be using a zeal genie.
    Sure Venos are great as an extra and the extra damage is nice from the pet, but when it comes down to it. They are hardly as essential as other classes are.
    As for the TT90 gear, my point wasn't that I want a veno to be able to farm it. My point is that it's easy to get the TT90 gear within a short period of time. Which can be converted to x amount of coins within that period of time. So gathering the money for a herc/phoenix shouldn't be all that hard if you use another main character first.

To answer the person about why I want to roll a veno: It's either a veno or a barb, and I'm kind of bored of playing Melee characters, and I hated all other magic/caster classes.
    And I won't be getting a herc per se at first, I'm more interested in the phoenix b:bye

so ur pretty much saying veno is useless without herc or nix?
    with amp and pet veno is still gonna outdmg any class on boss,no matter what pet is using it.
    1st to make it clear i meant if barb is tanking,ur pet wont die,cuz its only there for DD..
    if i am tanking,why would i take the barb to DD?ill rather take archer or mage then which gonna make more dmg and they not melee,since some bosses aoes on melee class and then cleric would have to heal instead of dd,which is only gonna make it slower.
    and i am supposed to hand over all mats to barb since they got 1st pick in squads cuz he... what,buffed me?lol
    and 2nd if ur talking about veno with a herc,why the hell would that veno go in squad to tank,lure,make most dmg and get one of lasts picks?just can solo all and keep all the drops b:dirty
    what u meant by ''They are hardly as essential as other classes are''?
    yes barb is required for SOME bosses,not all,and clerics i love them <3 i have one too,and i would always party with one of them but i know for sure i would always choose another veno to go in hh with me,then a bm and i know alot of other people would too.b:bye