Another Use for Psychics

2»

Comments

• Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    episcia wrote: »
    Thanks for this post about the Landslide skill. Very helpful for a new PW player trying out the Psychic class.

Whats the deal with all the trolls though?... Its not helpful, useful or informative at all. Trolls, ie the people filling the forums with posts such as 'omg this class sucks, i hate this, i am better than so and so, my poo doesn't stink, etc' please... PLEASE stop. Take a look at what you are about to post before clicking Reply. Negative comments only get negative responses... use your head. FOR THE SAKE OF US ALL, STOP TROLLING. *end rant*

Trolls (essentially frustrated people in RL / game) are apparent n all forums. There's not stopping of their invasion b:surrender

But of course, what we can derived from their actions are purely on entertainment value of course. b:chuckle

The very purpose of Trolls are the naysayers and aims to be the saviour and gains the much adored fame and recognition that other players seems get it easily.

I must admit that I have done my fair share of trolling in the past because I see a number of failz psy and how other psy were not telling the whole story behind the certain theory. My purpose then, was to reveal the truth behind the scene.

But of course, my ebil plan has stopped since I can effectively control aggro with the help of the patch. So, I'm back to playing psy. b:chuckle

and that reminds me of someone missing: Anyone say magichamsta around lately?
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    and that reminds me of someone missing: Anyone say magichamsta around lately?

me still here.
    me are testing out a new system.
    b:avoid
    apparently if your post be any indication, it be working.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    me still here.
    me are testing out a new system.
    b:avoid
    apparently if your post be any indication, it be working.

AH.. There you are... my ebil hamsta friend.

Let's take over the world of hamstas together b:chuckle

Our ebil plan involves enslaving all hamstas and we will then sell them to other players as pets. b:victory
  • Faowyn - Dreamweaver
    Faowyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Besides just being amazing DDers, being able to emergency AOE heal, increase healing effect for the tank, and being able to buy time for the squad with our arsenal of control skills (two stuns, immobilize, 8 sec physical immunity, white voodoo), I've discovered another use for us when fighting bosses. Basically psychics can cancel boss aoes with landslide consistently since there's only a fairly short cool down time of 8 seconds and it casts quite fast. With some practice and good timing (or if you have a lot of -chann gear), we can basically prevent bosses such as gaurnob, polearm, drum in TT from doing their physical and magic aoes or bosses that hit hard single magic attacks (such as Colluseast in 3-1). Just wanted to share the info xD. Hopefully this can help get psychics to be more widely accepted in squads.

Thank you for the information Antiseptic.
  • Ashzur - Sanctuary
    Ashzur - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    and then people wonder why psychics dont get in squads.....b:sweat

I've gone over this whole thread and seen nothing but made up statistics and butthurt from you, sir.

So let me make up a statistic up off the top of my head here. Ah yes, you seem to be a part of the 1% of the people who feel threatened that this new class may steal their precious online glory from them, and to be honest I think you feel threatened that your position in the party will be lessened by the emergence of a class with similar traits.

Shorter version/
    Take your asinine, opinionated, and made-up facts and shove them. Nobody thinks you're being funny or cute.

P.S. Enjoy your hand.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've gone over this whole thread and seen nothing but made up statistics and butthurt from you, sir.

So let me make up a statistic up off the top of my head here. Ah yes, you seem to be a part of the 1% of the people who feel threatened that this new class may steal their precious online glory from them, and to be honest I think you feel threatened that your position in the party will be lessened by the emergence of a class with similar traits.

Shorter version/
    Take your asinine, opinionated, and made-up facts and shove them. Nobody thinks you're being funny or cute.

P.S. Enjoy your hand.

butthurt? why would i be butthurt???????????

made up statistics? i said it was personal experience did i not?

The resolution is rather simple, but no one will listen. Once upon a time, wizards weren't accepted into squads. We fixed that easily by changing a few things around.

EDIT: oh i see!
    no i dont think psychics will steal a place of a wizard.
    I played psychic and i really disliked it but my personal opinion.
    I think its a nice class for beginners though
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • gerald42
    gerald42 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    So I see the title of this thread, read the first post, and think to myself "Awesome, someone beat me to posting about this. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has realized the usefulness of Landslide."

Then I read the second post, and I think "Oh look, here comes another flamewar."

And the third post happens.

Oh look, another psychic thread that's turning into a flame war.

Shut the hell up people, you are ruining perfectly good threads. I constantly hear whining about how people "can't play the new classes right" "psychics are noobs" "psychics are messing up squads" blah blah blah blah.

How about, you guys stop flaming the forums with your BS, and give the noobs some time to read and learn and get to know the new classes ffs.

Your constant complaining isn't helping anything.

This is a thread about a skill, not psychics on the whole. There are other threads for complaining, go complain somewhere else.

Back on topic: My Landslide is maxed, I'd been leveling it purely for the knockback, and had the same eureka! moment when I was in a BH run killing Zimo. I watched as he started to channel is metal attack, with the ring around his feet, hit him with it, and it went away and he never got the attack out.

Landslide is easily one of the most useful skills a Psychic gets, max it asap.
    i totally agree with this post, me personally i like the psychic class, I dont know how to play one but im willing to learn how to play one and be good at it, but i also believe any of the classes have their down sides and any of the classes can be uber , in the right hands. I dont believe one class is any better then the others.Its just how you play them. so i think we shouldnt put a whole class down just because a few people dont know how to play their class. Why dont someone just make a post on how to effectively play a psychic and stop pointing fingers...just my own personal opinion.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    vit psy + max white+ bless box+ soul burn and soul of vengance+DoT's+psychic will and a ton of control skills

pretty shure a psy can tank wur wilth that setup

76% damage redux+skils that DD without atack levels+4k or so hp+50% from BB

so 17% damage on AA and HP to take the hit +skills that DD without atack levels or drasticly up your DD rate

just a thought spelled out in explicit detail since subtle hints dont seem to be working

only issue is aggro but high soul force + burn spam may be able to compensate for that
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Doujin - Sanctuary
    Doujin - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Thanks a lot for the info !

I didnt use Landslide on boss, just Zimo coz he is Water type, but I never observed if it worked or not b:chuckle

Now I'll make it an even better use of my Psy ^^

About the trolling, I think both sides are kinda right... A lot of Psy don't know how their class work. I think I play my psy well but I know I could be even more effective, and it's not an easy class to control within a squad.
    Psy are great for soloing, but dangerous in BH if you are not accustomed to it; but hey, we all have to learn, of course we make mistakes, but it is to be more powerfull after, like any other class, and like you probably did when you were a newbie ^^

Then what some might accuse is the failing squad because of Psy because they don't respect the tanker-healing thing. It's a problem all squads with a DD can confront, not only with a Psy (we see it more with psy coz they have higher damage so pull aggro more often). As I say, some players need more or less time to know their class, they are not just show offs.. Every mob has different chance of being pulled, we have to adapt of the different tankers. I like my DD much coz it's strategic and sometimes I recognize I pulled aggro when I should'nt have but hey, nobody died, so it kind of make it.

I shall add : The trolling I see on the forum, I never saw it In Game. I was always heartfully welcomed in a squad; everyone want to know more the TideBorns, their potential as much as their weaknesses, it's legitimate. I hope I haven't deceived much of them ^^

Again, thx for the info !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited February 2010

I didnt use Landslide on boss, just Zimo coz he is Water type, but I never observed if it worked or not b:chuckle

I can't help but say it.....

Zimo's Metal-based. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Doujin - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    sry, I wanted to say Qianji XD

I'll not edit for the fun x)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010

Now I'll make it an even better use of my Psy ^^

About the trolling, I think both sides are kinda right... A lot of Psy don't know how their class work. I think I play my psy well but I know I could be even more effective, and it's not an easy class to control within a squad.
    Psy are great for soloing, but dangerous in BH if you are not accustomed to it; but hey, we all have to learn, of course we make mistakes, but it is to be more powerfull after, like any other class, and like you probably did when you were a newbie ^^

Then what some might accuse is the failing squad because of Psy because they don't respect the tanker-healing thing. It's a problem all squads with a DD can confront, not only with a Psy (we see it more with psy coz they have higher damage so pull aggro more often). As I say, some players need more or less time to know their class, they are not just show offs.. Every mob has different chance of being pulled, we have to adapt of the different tankers. I like my DD much coz it's strategic and sometimes I recognize I pulled aggro when I should'nt have but hey, nobody died, so it kind of make it.

I shall add : The trolling I see on the forum, I never saw it In Game. I was always heartfully welcomed in a squad; everyone want to know more the TideBorns, their potential as much as their weaknesses, it's legitimate. I hope I haven't deceived much of them ^^

Again, thx for the info !

you made it on my list of favorite fishies! CONGRATS!
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Doujin - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Does that means I'll finish in your plate? ><

Thank you, it's my first serious post since I play PW XD
    I always watched the flaming, trolling, QQ and all, it was kind of fun; but now that I'm here you are all doomed =^-^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Does that means I'll finish in your plate? ><

Thank you, it's my first serious post since I play PW XD
    I always watched the flaming, trolling, QQ and all, it was kind of fun; but now that I'm here you are all doomed =^-^=

no it means you are immune to my blade tempest of doom!

It cooks AND cuts!!!!!
  • frozenstar
    frozenstar Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    butthurt? why would i be butthurt???????????

EDIT: oh i see!
    no i dont think psychics will steal a place of a wizard.
    I played psychic and i really disliked it but my personal opinion.
    I think its a nice class for beginners though

hah, for beginners huh??? What a contradiction since according to you, YOU keep experiencing tons of noob pys who don't know how to control agro. b:scorn
  • Hycinth - Dreamweaver
    Hycinth - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for making this thread, I didn't know that land slide could be so helpfull, now if only it didnt make you get so close to bosses... XD.

to the flames etc. YES there are idiot psychics, I've seen many die because they didn't listen or care to put on white voodoo (reduces stealing chance in BH, specially with no bless box on) BUT I've had more issues with sins stealing, not listening, going on and on bragging etc. Thats all im saying on TB's.

Fact is there are morons in every class, it just depends how unlucky you are to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Just remember to give others a chance and not lump em' all together right off the bat. ^_^ More then once i've played crowd control while tank was busy with a boss and walkers came.

Again, thanks for making this thread about Land Slide, going to try it asap. ^_^
  • Yusami - Sanctuary
    Yusami - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Now after reading the thread, I tried Land Slide out onto some bosses.
    For Polearm and Gaurnob, I'm still a bit too slow to interrupt there casts :(
    I noticed they have a rather fast channeling animation, so I can't keep up with it.

But I used Landslide successfully on Wurlord in TT2-1 :D The barb never got hit by Wurlord's nasty fireball. So I wonder whether we psychics can help clerics a bit with that, maybe they don't have to channel Blue Bubble any more :) Saves their mana, though it's risky.
    What do you think ?
  • Antiseptic - Harshlands
    Antiseptic - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Now after reading the thread, I tried Land Slide out onto some bosses.
    For Polearm and Gaurnob, I'm still a bit too slow to interrupt there casts :(
    I noticed they have a rather fast channeling animation, so I can't keep up with it.

But I used Landslide successfully on Wurlord in TT2-1 :D The barb never got hit by Wurlord's nasty fireball. So I wonder whether we psychics can help clerics a bit with that, maybe they don't have to channel Blue Bubble any more :) Saves their mana, though it's risky.
    What do you think ?

It's possible to replace blue bubble for the bosses that have weak to middle damage aoes. That way clerics can just use their aoe heal and focus on tank instead of blue bubble. However for bosses that hit progressively harder as they lose hp, it's probably better to have blue bubble because there are times when our timing is off unless there's two or more psychics on the squad that can help cancel channel.

Another interesting thing I saw though with the landslide skill is that it can also cancel polearm's armor/magic break debuffs so that should help the tank a lot during bh69s (make sure white voodoo is on though if you're going to go close to polearm because his physical aoe hits pretty hard on us). It gives us something to do when we don't want to take aggro.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    frozenstar wrote: »
    hah, for beginners huh??? What a contradiction since according to you, YOU keep experiencing tons of noob pys who don't know how to control agro. b:scorn

its not a contradiction. It just means some people are so fail they dont know what to do.

If you were to play all the magic classes in this game, you would agree that psychic and venomancer are the easiest(but psychic is even easier than veno imo).

Like i said, psychic is a nice class for beginners because it has a little bit of each magic class.

BTW, they changed the aggro on psy skills so that may have been the problem.
  • Korg - Lost City
    Korg - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    OMFG EVERYONE STAY ON TOPIC!
    I cant believe this argument is still going on!
    Mizouni you dont like psys we get it!
    go to the archer forums and stop trolling!

Everyone else marvel at our interuptive skills b:dirty