Faith_z - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    hamsta.jpg

b:chuckle so cute
    My caracters:
    Faith_z - 7x Cleric (main)
    HaveFaith_z - 5x Veno
    Ivory_Soul -3x Psychic

Dont give me an attitude, I got one of my own!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saitadatude FTW :P
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Anyone else notice hamsta in there?

shh
    b:quiet
    ebil plan wurking
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    o.o that is so true.

and ye hamsta.. even in the picture.. its all hamstas fault o.o
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lol'd irl at this:
    Now, in addition to the gambling element, you have thousands of players in competition with each other, to see who can be the most obsessive about opening the chests. One woman tells of how she spent her entire evening opening chests--over a thousand--to try to win the daily prize.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    And so you realize exactly how deep this rabbit hole truly goes.

Its obvious or should be these reasons if you even think about your actions at all. However its not all bad although you see addiction which is logical it happens to everyone addicted to their job addicted to orange juice you get the picture. The real thing is it weeds out the minor minds the ones that cannot take it videos game are actually proven to expand the learning center of your brain and increase its capacity to learn make quite concise decisions. Everything you always thought games did they do. Faster brains means better gameplay but there is always someone better or faster then you so you get faster on the very same reward and punishment system that causes addiction.

Its disturbing sure that they are trying to get you addicted but if your life is truly that bad that you do get addicted it would be something else if not games. Finding a support group like in one of the stories on there is the best thing you can do to prevent and or fight addiction. A feeling of stability breaks addiction because you are not addicted to it you are addicted to the feeling of safety which everyone must have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    (o.o)'
    pressa be onto our ebil plans?
    Dx
    b:mischievous
    this "rabbit hole" be far deeper then you think.
    d(^.^)
    and not operated by rabbits.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Laurrella - Dreamweaver
    Laurrella - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    My Skinner Box is +10, glows purple and took 1000 hours to get. Are you guys jelous now????? b:chuckle

or did I miss the point of the article? b:cry
    Laurrixa - 64 Sin
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    No your right you missed the point of the article it says mines blue and took 999 hours to get :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    http://www.danwei.org/electronic_games/gambling_your_life_away_in_zt.php

Wow.. PWI is like a saint compared to this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    http://www.danwei.org/electronic_games/gambling_your_life_away_in_zt.php

Wow.. PWI is like a saint compared to this game.
    If pwi ever ends up as bad that... I can't even call that a game, I'd do the most epic ragequit ever.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm... speechless....
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If it takes time, effort and skill to obtain an item, that item has value, whether it's made of diamonds, binary code or beef jerky.

Catshops b:avoid
    addiction-based games send you running around endlessly collecting them even if they have nothing to do with the game's objective.

But... PWI doesn't have an objective... does it?
    Maybe he can talk, and is voiced by Chris Rock.

Now the voice in my head when I read silently sound like Chris Rock! Curse you!b:infuriated
    Once the gamer has experienced the rush of leveling up early, the delayed gratification actually increases the pleasure of the later levels.

Tell us something we don't know.
    But that can be frustrating for gamers, so you can take the opposite approach of a game like New Super Mario Bros. Wii, where you make the levels really short so it's like eating potato chips. They're so small on their own that it doesn't take much convincing to get the player to grab another one, and soon they've eaten the whole bag.

mmm... potato chips...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shiga - Sanctuary
    Shiga - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Interesting article. Although if you want to know about the Psychology of MMORPG's that is slightly more intellectual than Cracked I would suggest the daedalus project.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    this article is all too true!

the deal is in how you manage your 'addiction'....if you truly do have no other interests than the game, then you really need professional help. but if you use it as a relaxation/change of pace/place to get together with friends online/etc, then its healthy and not a problem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I can't believe he turned down naked boobies.... o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited March 2010

I can't believe anniversary/coral packs haven't been mentioned yet. I remember PWE advertising packs of 50 corals as a way to save clicking time. Yeah.. that's healthy..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    now that is an awesome site and study! thanks for the link!

currently, im involved in one for female gamers, and another for disabled gamers. there is a great site for disabled gamers,http://www.ablegamers.com/. its great for finding out games that you can play, and the problems with ones out there, so you know how to tweak your computer to minimise them. (like, i have a lot of visual problems, so i have to turn up gamma in a lot of instances, or tweak colurs of my monitor, so i can see mobs...or just tell the squad i cant see small mobs of certain colours! b:lipcurlb:sad

Interesting article. Although if you want to know about the Psychology of MMORPG's that is slightly more intellectual than Cracked I would suggest the daedalus project.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Eh. I can. Some times you're just not in the mood. Doesn't really matter the reason. My fiancee understands when a good time to try to do that is, and when a really bad time is. As do I. Just dinged, and out grinding? Very, VERY good time to do that. 99% to your level, and pushing yourself to ding? Yeah... Neither her, nor I, will attempt anything until that level hits. Afterward... b:chuckle
  • melodux
    melodux Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    mulanrouge wrote: »
    lol'd irl at this:
    Now, in addition to the gambling element, you have thousands of players in competition with each other, to see who can be the most obsessive about opening the chests. One woman tells of how she spent her entire evening opening chests--over a thousand--to try to win the daily prize.

You missed the best part:
    She didn't. There was always someone else more obsessed.

b:chuckle
  • Ignation - Lost City
    Ignation - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    1) *charges 100 gold*
    2) *presses O in game, starts clicking on Coral/Anni packs*
    3) All tokens
    4) *does same thing all over again 10 times, same result*
    5) Screams *MOM NEED YOU CREDIT CARD*
    b:cry
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
  • KibblesnBitz - Sanctuary
    KibblesnBitz - Sanctuary Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Only one thing for me to say about this.

I quit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enelysion Executor
    Proud She-Barb
    b:cute
  • acryllis
    acryllis Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Wow. That was quite a good article, and i laugh in the faces of the people who play that ZT online garbage.

But i do pity the ppl that get addicted to games like WoW and dont know what to do when they get it taken away.

Its just sad.
    Aflac