Demon Veno?

MystiMonk - Sanctuary
MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Venomancer
I was going to ask a friend this but it would be best to ask all of you.I plan on going sage with my Veno but I would like to know this.Why do those choose demon as Veno as I hear sage is better for Veno.There are those in my Venos faction that chose to to go demon.

Why and for what reason would a Veno choose demon as well what is the best set up build wise?
Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
Post edited by MystiMonk - Sanctuary on

Comments

• _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear
    _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    <----future demon.
    Demon (some1 tells) it's better for pvp. I prefer demon skills cuz of debuffs, more power of parasitic nova, speed in foxform, summer sprint's immunity to movement debuffs (awwwww) and so on.
    Also the +2% crit is not bad ^_^

I think all depends by your way to play.

But if u wanna go sage, ask sage venos what they like of being sage.
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    This thread again. Come on, you know there are tens of such threads on here. The info is still there for you to read; repeating the same stuff over and over is pointless.

And no, sage is not better then demon for a veno. They are equal in regard to overall effectivness. Simply said, you won't go wrong with either choice.

(I'm demon and went demon for the extra crit).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    <-- Demon Veno

Reason I went for demon was cause of delta. I heard that demon veno is much better for delta than sage. Funniest is that now I run it rarely, cause I don't find it as fun as gamma. But I don't regret going Demon :)

For mass pk/tw sage would be better, I think. Even if it is only cause of aoe purge.

Few things I enjoy in Demon:
    *Demon Fox Form - I adore it! Summer Sprint lvl3 + Demon Fox Form = Speed 9.9m/s (almost non-stop). I pretty much can outrun bms and barbs.
    *Ironwood Scarab - It works rarely, but when it works then it is really useful. Expecially fun it is to use it in duels againt barb or bm... in combo with nix. They get defeated even before they manage to understand what happened.

Things I can't wait to get:
    *Parasitic Nova - "Demon version makes chaotic enemies take 30% more damage.". If it stacks with HF or Amp, then this skill will be really worth those 2 sparks. Pretty great in delta too to make killing faster (thought, Nova makes some of delta mobs run around when they are chaotic)
    *Summer Sprint - Immunity to movement debuffs. Great in combo with Feral Concentration and easily can replace Fortify on genie.
    *Wood Mastery - +2% Critical hits.
    *Metabolic Boost/Natures Grace - Less cooldown -> you can use them more often -> less usage of potions -> less costs

What I miss from sage:
    *Soul Degeneration - That skill would be really useful, expecially when you are soloing some bosses.
    *Master Li's Technique - You can never have too much chi. As demon I sometimes have to pick which skills I can use and when I can use them, just cause I might need that spark later.
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Demon Effects I liked better than sage:
    venomous wood debuff, since it's your main spam skill when cutting through regular mobs it's pretty much always on.
    Summer sprint immunity..stun immunity, yes please. Though I think this is tied in my eyes with the sage summer sprint (removes any debuff)
    demon bramble increases reflect damage to 75% and extends it to 15 minutes, sage only extends to 20 minutes without a damage increase
    demon fox form, yum.
    Parasitic nova, obviously
    noxious, with all the FF and RB now a lower cooldown is nice so you don't just stand there for awhile waiting on it.
    Demon amp is better for soloing bosses but I would prefer sage amp in group because
    it isn't such a hassle to reapply it and then people get happy with their big numbers..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I like the lower cooldowns of the skills in demon, the debuff effects, and the speed increase in foxform. The speed increase will allow me to replace holy path on my genie with cloud eruption, this way i wont loose out on extra chi gain that sage venos get.
    >.<
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    For mass pk/tw sage would be better, I think. Even if it is only cause of aoe purge.

That really depends.

Personally I think launching a demon nova into said collection of people, which is followed by, say, a sparked wiz aoe spell is a bit more effective. As in all the people get debuffed, with the minor side effect of them being very dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I may change my mind after all this but after I review all the skills.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Fetid - Lost City
    Fetid - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There are 3 skills that make demon WF a demon WF.

a) Fox form. Move speed for switching is so useful in PvE and very nice in PvP for kiting.
    b) Hell Ironwood. Mainly a PvP skill, 20% chance to reduce targets Pdef to 0 = 3.4k nix bleeds and ~1.5k pecks.
    c) Hell Parasitic Nova. Dragon along with a 8 second seal and stun, mainly a PvP skill but definitely has its uses in PvP.

Personally I'm going sage because I really love the benefits such as sharptooth, infinite chi, and longer stuns. Eventually AoE purge as well. b:victory
    My fetus will destroy you.
    (</3) My heart is shattered. I will share the pain.
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    sage sould degeneration is good but sometimes just avoid overwriting debuffs coz it doesnt work... but infinite chi? except master li's technique which is 100 chi every minute rest is by chance (same for demon). you can get alot more chi with genie skills or landing hand or chi pots as demon and sage as well.
    by "longer stuns" you probably mean 1 second more on lucky scarab but for a demon fox veno you can get by chance 3 more seconds on stunning blow.
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ok ill explain why i went sage over demon,but 1st i want to say that PVE dont mean much to me.it gets boring on higher lvl,no1 ever grinds anymore,and some bosses in instances does aoes on melee classes,so i am mostly in human form,focused on pvp and TW's and i use fox only for boost of pdef,amp and purge.

i was planning go demon,but..2 reasons make me go sage.
    1st 90% of venos i know (pretty sure most of venos on server too) went demon,i dont like to be same as everyone else b:chuckle
    2nd reason was i decided to stay arcane,boost of pdef in fox form means more to me then speed.i dont like to run away in pvp,so speed dont mean much to me in fox form and it works only on ground,i can use holy path instead.

like kenlee said,Master Li's Technique,skill for gaining instant chi means alot especially in tw's.

apot.pots have long cooldown so i rather save them for something else,like anti stun pots then gaining chi,same goes for genie,i save energy in it for other skills...which leads me to summer sprint,why is demon summer good i can get that with anti stun pots,but sage version purify all negative effects.

when people explain why they choose demon,somehow always parastic nova appears in theirs post,again i avoid use that skill because ill rather save my 2 sparks for hood,when i get sage version ill probably use it more then now.

then there is purge..demon with 25 cooldown compared to aoe purge with 30sec cooldown,i dont need shorter cooldown if i already debuffed all i wanted :)

amp sage,some venos told me that gm's confirmed it DOES stack with lvl 10,which means 55% additional damage,combine that with extreme poison..well u get the point.
    and noxious and lucky,sage version works much better for me then demon,i prefer more dmg or stun longer for 1sec then reduced cooldown.

nature grace and metabolic boost recover 60% instead of 50% compared to demon which have reduced cooldown.

bramble guard is kinda equal to me,reflecting more dmg is nice..but also not rebuffing in the middle of bosses or in middle of tw's is nice too.

ironwood demon is much better then sage..but only if it would work all the time,but 20% wasnt enough for me to change my mind..when i would need it,it wouldnt work.

rest of skills i wont even mention cuz they are melee and as AA i wont go near my enemies to stun them with stunning blow or use leech,if i was HA then yeah..probably,but as AA i prefer ranged skills.
  • dappellight
    dappellight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Seems like sage has better numbers and will do their little thing all the time...But when demon actually works you'll end up getting better results. So you can kill by being alittle bit better or by luck.b:victory
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Seems like sage has better numbers and will do their little thing all the time...But when demon actually works you'll end up getting better results. So you can kill by being alittle bit better or by luck.b:victory

Not sure, but i think she prolly made her decision since it's a thread wrote in 2010...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Not sure, but i think she prolly made her decision since it's a thread wrote in 2010...

or has quitted ............ b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
This discussion has been closed.