PWI getting boring?

Options
Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Am i the only one that thinks PWI is getting boring now.

Im only 91 but i have no motivation to go any further and i have no motivation to even work on alts no more. No one seems to know their class so BHs are taking so much longer and i really cant be dealing with idiots while waiting around for people to learn to heal or learn to hold aggro.

I think the TB are fail and have no motivation with wanting to know anything about them, they are fishes which is just weird.

What can PWI do to bring people attention back or make things more exciting?
Post edited by Drmelvin - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    release new packs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I don't think packs would make anything exciting, it would just increase the amount of players being oracle noobs and being more fail.

Theres nothing exciting about this game no more at all. b:surrender
  • Dosinn - Dreamweaver
    Dosinn - Dreamweaver Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    My adivce if you find PWI boring: take a break from it for a few weeks. Take 2-3 weeks, and just do other stuff. Play other games, hang out with friends (not on PWI, anyway), whatever other things you do for fun. Ive done that 2-3 times over the last year and a half or so, and when ive come back, im more motivated to do stuff.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You know what I do to make the game awesome-saucely exciting? Try roleplaying. It really can add a new dimension to the game, and exploring your imagination can be quite inspirational (thanks to in-game roleplaying, I was able to get tons of ideas for the Memoirs of an NPC contest).

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ^ same here, i took a break and went to Jade Dynasty, and then realized that theres more stuff to do on here
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    My adivce if you find PWI boring: take a break from it for a few weeks. Take 2-3 weeks, and just do other stuff. Play other games, hang out with friends (not on PWI, anyway), whatever other things you do for fun. Ive done that 2-3 times over the last year and a half or so, and when ive come back, im more motivated to do stuff.

Well, I hit 90 in about august last year then quit until the TB came out, I came back around the time of the TB release and ive gained one level since then but its gone back to being boring.
    ^ same here, i took a break and went to Jade Dynasty, and then realized that theres more stuff to do on here
    I tried playing another game but deep down i wanted to play PW but couldnt be bothered because i have nothing to do,
  • ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear
    ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    <<< Save rolling other Chars high level is pretty boring.

Things they add that should liven things up like Nirvana, are that nerfed on drop rates its more like a job than playing a game.

Granted it shouldnt be easy, but it also shouldnt be like working 9-5

Even TW is meh unless it one of the landholding factions.. You listen to advice and organise ganks to try and take lands ............. and what happens ? Factions no show the dominate landholder just to roll the others..
    Sound Tactics but makes for a Very boring TW map, since all they do is swap lands between each other.

So yeah the game needs a lot of improvements in the "fun" stakes. Instead of just boring dailies or job like instances
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    well, I've been on the same situation as the OP, I can only say that you have outgrown the game. In other words you finished it.

When you hit the 80's you start noticing that most of your friends dont play anymore, dungeon to farm mats for gear and your daily quests look like a job more than anything. And you dont have enough quests.

It appears that after level 70 the creativity to add quests is already gone.

Too bad, when I came to the game, we were all complaining about the slow leveling, now that is faster, we are still complaining.

Aparently, by grinding you could interact better with other players rather than going to private dungeons (BH, FCC, etc). You were also more likely to help other people but now with the new daylies people dont like to help much.

Well, just play casual rather than hardcore, that's all I can say and wait for the new games to come from PWE (BOI and FW). Yeah, I know what you mean when you try other games, they just dont look right. LOL
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I don't think packs would make anything exciting, it would just increase the amount of players being oracle noobs and being more fail.

Theres nothing exciting about this game no more at all. b:surrender

why do you think I took a 3 months break? I just came back to get to 99 and learn my 99 skills...then I'll see which way I go.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Try new things. RB, Lunar, etc.

Or just take a break. Nothing like ignoring your daily quests for a month to rekindle your interest in the game.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hitokeri - Heavens Tear
    Hitokeri - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Try something new instead of going on WC and arguing whether 911 really happened, you whacko.
  • Prowler - Heavens Tear
    Prowler - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If you like, we'll all tell you how much we'll miss you after you are gone.
    --
    Prowler (Venomancer) on Heaven's Tear

Former Leader of QuestSeek: International level 3 faction.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I agree, PWi is a bit boring. lol

I just merch stuff now.

Working on skills and gear......and thats it. <___<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I agree, PWi is a bit boring. lol

I just merch stuff now.

Working on skills and gear......and thats it. <___<

Yeah, my new phase of the game is "how much coin can I make in game from merchanting".

Other than that, there's not really much left to do except farm my nirvana pants and one last illusion stone for my chest and everything else has pretty much been done.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • LTraveller - Dreamweaver
    LTraveller - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Gamma? No one wants to run it; people run either BHes or Frost with hyper exp.
    TT? Overfarmed during double drops + less demand for TT mats due to packs. So no one runs it either.
    Lunar? Useless drops in solo mode, 3m to enter squad mode, and those who wanted lunar gear got it from packs anyway.
    BHes? Pay 60k, kill 5 mobs... repeat 30 times; congrats, you leveled! Now go repeat it again. Awesome, isn't it.
    Frost... yes, Frost is fun. Except that for some reason no one wants you in random squad if you're not 9X yet.

The game needs new instances. And they should be worth running.
    LTraveller, lv85 veno
    NamiOto, lv80 full support cleric
    RoamingAdmin, 7X fist/axe BM
    Ion_Cannon, 6X full mag wizard

(full support: healing + fire support)
  • Azula - Raging Tide
    Azula - Raging Tide Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ATM..yeah its boring.
    I just hit 90 and..well..
    Being a DD you dont get good TT drops hence you dont wanna go TT.
    The only htings I do recently are FC and frming mats in hell..which is..boring=.=
    Born as a Sin,
    living a life full of death.
    The crimson liquid colored the snow,
    the eyes full of agony, you don't wanna know. ~Azula, Assasin, Infamy

Arcrueid...reroll...NAO!b:angry
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Frost... yes, Frost is fun.

Frost was fun before they nerfed it. Frost after the changes was fun for the first run or two... after 30 or 40 of them, I really don't see anything redeeming about it.

The only thing Frost is good for is satisfying the exp-addiction of the new hyper-xp crowd.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You know what I do to make the game awesome-saucely exciting? Try roleplaying. It really can add a new dimension to the game, and exploring your imagination can be quite inspirational (thanks to in-game roleplaying, I was able to get tons of ideas for the Memoirs of an NPC contest).

b:laugh

me roleplay as a human?
    b:puzzled
    so....all me do is just sit there, stare at a screen, eat, and ****? while occasionally walking outside and have some tiny bit of conversation with other humans?
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    me roleplay as a human?
    b:puzzled
    so....all me do is just sit there, stare at a screen, eat, and ****? while occasionally walking outside and have some tiny bit of conversation with other humans?

...where have you been?!

b:angry

I haven't seen you in EVAR!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...