how teh hell do we beat archers in a duel?

Options
EpicDPS - Harshlands
EpicDPS - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Assassin
ok so i beat a barb 2 lvl s higher then me last night and then a bm same lvl

mages are oneshots lol u just gotta hit 'em

but.....archers do the same thing as mages which is leg it as soon as the duel starts but they are in LA the same as me so i have trouble taking them down quickly i just wondered if anyone has any tricks?

i played an archer to 74 so i know how they fight too but i still find it the most annoying class ><
Post edited by EpicDPS - Harshlands on

Comments

• Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wait til you hit 59. You get tele stun and stun attack. Owns em.

Or use Tackling and Raving Slash then bash em lawl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Limeball - Heavens Tear
    Limeball - Heavens Tear Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Keep them stunlocked with your multitude of sleep, stuns and seal. I start out with stealth mode then tele stun. Once they're stun locked you can drop them within a matter of seconds.
    Reikara - 94 HA/AA Veno - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Limeball -84 Assassin - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Reikarah - 99 Seeker - Sanctuary - Retired

Why do I stick around? I draw pwi fanart.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    since you arent 59 try this (hope your shadow jump is leveled somewhat)

Shadow jump on top of them > deep sting > throat cut > tackling slash > rib strike > slipstream strike > puncture wound

they should die in a duel long before that is finished. throat cut alone may finish them.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

maze steps -> tackling slash -> auto attack till "victory" pops up

Archers are by FAR the easiest class to kill in duels.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Don't you see so many thread Q.Q saying archer can't do anything to assassin ? b:surrender
    Many of those thread saying assassin totally owned archer. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Snide - Harshlands
    Snide - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yep 59 moves are pretty handy like start with a shadow tele, then sleep and stun lock....do it right ud bring down 3/4th for an archer of your level range...the rest can be filled wid normal hits.
    Archers, Wizzies, Venos, Clerics, Psys = easiest
    Bms = managable
    Barbs = hard
  • Jyre - Harshlands
    Jyre - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Always stay in their melee range and keep 'em stunned/silenced, spark as soon as you can and unleash the fury of sharp kitchen utensils on them.

Trust me, archers are manageable when they are in your level range. I'd know -- I beat one with the blacksmith (lvl 65) daggers.
    Jyre for Hire!
    *Out To Lunch* sign.
    Well, ... sometimes. b:quiet
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I've never had problems beating assassins. I don't know what **** wizards you guys have been facing.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I've never had problems beating assassins. I don't know what **** wizards you guys have been facing.

Or what **** assassins have you been facing o.O
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • ShadowTheif - Raging Tide
    ShadowTheif - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:avoidsin's have good moves to kill every class just barb's are the problem my choise would be not to fight a barb exept if a cleric is healing you or have charms(i know i am low lvl but same)keep out of sight of them to kill them if you wantb:avoid more this then thatb:surprised
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:avoidsin's have good moves to kill every class just barb's are the problem my choise would be not to fight a barb exept if a cleric is healing you or have charms(i know i am low lvl but same)keep out of sight of them to kill them if you wantb:avoid more this then thatb:surprised

I've killed some barbs, I don't really have a problem with them TBH. What with genie skills and evasion, I don't get hit too badly.

Two of them even tried to run away. b:chuckle *tackling slash**spark*
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • Emblaze - Harshlands
    Emblaze - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

lawl, wizzy&clerics = easy kills
  • KellanLutz - Heavens Tear
    KellanLutz - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I killed an archer easy today. Both level 30, he was unable to hit me with Focused Mind on, he crit 1 on me which was luck but i put him to sleep them slashed him to death. I didnt even crit once but yeah he died fast, tried to run at first but knife throw got him b:laugh
  • xxxzumsterxxx
    xxxzumsterxxx Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    well i own like a 4 lvl above me when i was like 70, that archer don't even have a chance of att me, my tactic goes by: tele stunt him, ( don't know skill name much ) immobilze him and get 150chi instant and headhunt him, he's down. that is my way so far.....if any1 have better idead. plz points out of my mistake.
  • SoulFlare - Sanctuary
    SoulFlare - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    stealth: stun lock, better have acc rings or you'll miss some shots :/

for QQers who ask you to not stealth: maze steps > throatcut > sleep/freeze/stun once wings of gear wears off.
  • yakuzi
    yakuzi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Stun wont help when an Archer uses Wings of Grace.
    Going into stealth would be a good option tho, however they will keep kiting till ur MP runs out.

So how to fix that? :o
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yakuzi wrote: »
    Stun wont help when an Archer uses Wings of Grace.
    Going into stealth would be a good option tho, however they will keep kiting till ur MP runs out.

So how to fix that? :o

archer somehow knows you're about to hit him...:
    throatcut (optional) > stealth > wait 15 seconds > tackling slash > swing until he's dead

OR

stealth > wait 12 seconds > double(triple) spark > inner harmony >shadow tele > tackling > throatcut > RDS > Headhunt > slipstream > rib strike > twin strike > slipstream > occult ice > twin strike > tackling slash > throatcut > rib strike

he should be dead long before you do all that of course....but you can keep him stun locked that entire time. only way for him to break that is to use absolute domain.

typically i just double (now triple) spark > tackling slash > swing till dead. even when the archer pops domain, it wont remove paralyze from tackling so he still cant run and all it does is add 4 seconds until he dies to my blades.

archers are the EASIEST class for us to kill.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Ichigo_K - Lost City
    Ichigo_K - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

maze steps -> tackling slash -> auto attack till "victory" pops up

Archers are by FAR the easiest class to kill in duels.

^
    ^
    ^ This guys a mage and he got it right, Maze for anti stun + speed increase,tackling to keep the **** still, auto because ur dps is higher than a claw/fist. If a fist bm can do it, so can you.
    +Goals Reached+
    First Assasin with nirvana pants~lostcity~
    4.0 & 5.0 Hits per second~
    reached 500 dex+~
    Highest Hp'd interval assasin ~lostcity~
    b:sad until pc passes me b:cry
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This, too, is a cannon--I mean, necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
This discussion has been closed.