I GOT SOUND...well sort of

Options
stooix
stooix Posts: 44 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Support Desk
Tech Faq Sticky #43 has this tweek you can do to the userdata to help the game work for intergrated graphics. While I was in there changing the video like it said I noticed the audio values was both set to zero. I changed them to 1 and 50 and got sound if I turned my speakers up all the way. What is the max value I can enter into these areas?
Post edited by stooix on

Comments

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    editing files is banable. I'm not a betting man, use at your own risk, but I'm pretty sure it's 100
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • stooix
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Why are the values set to off by default? Wouldn't have to edit them if they would turn my sound on...sheesh.
  • SwishyFishy - Dreamweaver
    SwishyFishy - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    use the ingame options instead, button at the bottom right, then a list will appear, click the one with a cog on it
  • stooix
    edited March 2010
    Options
    VICTORY!!! Using tech faq 43 and using the cog to turn on the sound worked. Game got sound and not crashing.

"Other" games detect your hardware and set them optimally. Why doesn't PWI have this and why is sound off at first and is not the default setting?
  • stooix
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Game ran smooth, sounded good, and looked proper the entire time I played. Caught me a bh, did the new teacher thingy and grab up a cs. PWI WORKS AGAIN!! ding 80
This discussion has been closed.