Is it worth being cleric?

Options
Sheyde - Sanctuary
Sheyde - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Cleric
Seriously, whats the point of being one of them, you heal, buff, revive and all other classes kill you with one shot, im asking: is it worth playing cleric to lvl 100 will i be strong as others? or still oracle noobs will kill me in pk without skills, if yes im switching to Assasin, i have enough being easy target to everyone!!!
Post edited by Sheyde - Sanctuary on

Comments

• AlanWake - Harshlands
    AlanWake - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Seriously, whats the point of being one of them, you heal, buff, revive and all other classes kill you with one shot, im asking: is it worth playing cleric to lvl 100 will i be strong as others? or still oracle noobs will kill me in pk without skills, if yes im switching to Assasin, i have enough being easy target to everyone!!!

yes, everyone kills you in one shot, re roll a sin, there elite b:bye
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Or maybe you should reroll to another game buddy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheyde - Sanctuary
    Sheyde - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Why, PWI is the first MMO i play, i won't be starting everything again, besides all MMORPG's are same
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    besides all MMORPG's are same

Very wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IntellaFLOW - Lost City
    IntellaFLOW - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    there all kinda the same....Kill, lvl up, quest, lvl up, kill....
  • Jamiesangus - Lost City
    Jamiesangus - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If you think thats all MMO's are you need to quit now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Forsakenx for the amazing signature
  • HealthPotion - Raging Tide
    HealthPotion - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think it is.
    At times of playing mine. I wanted to reroll so many times because I wanted something powerfull and other stuff. But I am very needed in my faction, Never left out. I dont really attack that offten, which I dont really mind sometimes. I think its just funner to keep people alive, that is the real challenge! Its so much harder to keep people alive then attacking a monster. A cleric takes so much experience to play near end game instances and PVP tw, and thats what makes it better.
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

i guess it depends a bit on how ya play i saw some strong clerics but yea we always be a bit more squishy then other classes for example im a cleric and yet i can kill a barb around my lvl (also depends on barb)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think it is.
    At times of playing mine. I wanted to reroll so many times because I wanted something powerfull and other stuff. But I am very needed in my faction, Never left out. I dont really attack that offten, which I dont really mind sometimes. I think its just funner to keep people alive, that is the real challenge! Its so much harder to keep people alive then attacking a monster. A cleric takes so much experience to play near end game instances and PVP tw, and thats what makes it better.

100% Agree with Healin' Pot.

If you like to go solo, then cleric is not your class. We are not a solo class. That wasn't never our purpose.

Clerics are the backone of any squad or faction that want to succeed on his mission, and one of the most versatile classes of PWI.

A Cleric's true power are shown on any squad-based instance, either PvE or PvP.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    100% Agree with Healin' Pot.

If you like to go solo, then cleric is not your class. We are not a solo class. That wasn't never our purpose.

I may beg to differ on this one.

I'm not sure what you mean by solo, but if you mean soloing quests, bosses, instances etc etc then cleric is only second to veno, in my opinion.

Clerics have the advantage of being wanted in squads as well as being able to solo a considerable amount of bosses/instances at earlier levels than most other classes, hp charm not necessary. I, and I'm sure many others, soloed most of my quest bosses up until Jewels/Vriddis/Krimson, and if time isn't an issue, TT solo mode is pretty doable without waiting 20 levels to try them. Clerics make awesome solo tanks due to their ability to heal constantly with stacked ironheart.

I advise all clerics to experiment with the pve content and not to ask for help constantly, complaining of squishiness; use the tools at your disposal and take advantage of the full solo potential of a cleric.

Now, having people constantly pm you as you get online, asking for bh/fb/boss etc help definitely makes them more squad oriented players. But as for ability, a cleric is near the top for soloing.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I understand what you say Rillien.

Yes, clerics can do a lot of stuffs alone. However I still consider the main role is in a squad rather being a lonely wolf.

I've seen a lot of people thinkin' "Zomg! I can attack and heal mahself, I'll rox at pk!, woot!", and now we have a legion of "full attack clerics" and "Paladins" that get frustated cause they get owned every time and start trash talkin' bout how clerics sux without havin' a full understandin' what's a cleric do or how to properly paly with it... just look at OP
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I feel that clerics are easy to master but I've learnt more about all other classes by playing one. For example, i can tell an alacrity of the beast from a flesh ream and their uses. Playing a cleric is nice that way for me. If you play a DD, you wont be bothered to see what the tank and other people are doing. ( Or at least most wont)

About being squishy, all classes are squishy to some other classes. Babrs cant tank magic well, we cant tank physical damage well. Its up to you then to make up for it using your armor, genie and skills. By the way, assassins are more squishy than other classes, but you get tons of disables so playing an assasin requires more skills.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Glerig - Heavens Tear
    Glerig - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I agree with the last 3 replies.

Clerics re good soloers but lets face it, cleric is a support and helpful race like no other.

If u wanna PK, have to learn how to... if u wanna hit things go another race... if u like to help ppl definitely cleric is ur race.
  • SilentBless - Heavens Tear
    SilentBless - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    im pretty sure a cleric 99+ will be a very good PvP or PKer 1vs1, U have to take control of the situation and u'll be godly.. let me test it out and get back to u allb:laugh
  • Candie - Raging Tide
    Candie - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I can't imagine me being anything but cleric . Wings from 1st level , the best buffs , ability to heal yourself , awesome magic defence , awesome phys defence as well if you cast plume shell , no need to BEG for party like assasins do , good factions give you gears and buy mp-charms for you just to keep you in their ranks
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    im pretty sure a cleric 99+ will be a very good PvP or PKer 1vs1, U have to take control of the situation and u'll be godly.. let me test it out and get back to u allb:laugh

Anti sleep and anti metal on genie and all clerics are as good as dead in 1 v 1 .
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mahkwa - Raging Tide
    Mahkwa - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If you think thats all MMO's are you need to quit now

Level, quest, get gold/coin, mana + health pots, buffs, melee, magic, stats, special armor and weapons, heals, resurrect, PvP, guilds, groups, trade, and forum elitists; get to the high-end levels and grind for top-end gear.

Yeah, it sounds like all MMO's.
  • Goldymarg - Heavens Tear
    Goldymarg - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i guess it depends a bit on how ya play i saw some strong clerics but yea we always be a bit more squishy then other classes for example im a cleric and yet i can kill a barb around my lvl (also depends on barb)

It honestly depends on how you play your cleric, I've refined my TT 90 gold, put a lot of perfect and garnet gems in there and I have 8K physical defense. When fighting a Barb or a BM that is sufficient to survive, unless you also get a archer on you.
    The Internet is indeed serious business . . . b:lipcurl
    QQ moar
  • Goldymarg - Heavens Tear
    Goldymarg - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Anti sleep and anti metal on genie and all clerics are as good as dead in 1 v 1 .

Unless the Cleric has Absolute domain, Expel, Plume shell, Wings of Protection and Guardian light.

Genie skills only go so far, as a cleric you can continue DD'ing if you increase your own survivability.
    Next to that, magic attacks hurt BM's and Barbs like crazy.
    The Internet is indeed serious business . . . b:lipcurl
    QQ moar
  • Andrellia - Sanctuary
    Andrellia - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I have to agree with Goldymarg. Build right(I'm full mag with 8.5k phys def. and 6.5k hp) and get the right gears and genie and pvp is a whole new game for cleric. If and when I do lose a 1 v 1 it's usually to a higher level player and a good 10 to 15 min fight and probably more cuz I made a mistake at some point in handling my skills. And it's also always funnier then hell to get the pm's afterwards from players who thought they were going up against a "squishy" and expected to have you dead in 1 minute or less. I think learning to use your cleric skills and knowing the class you are fighting is crucial. As for pve, never really had a problem soloing at all except for certain bosses. I still consider myself a full support cleric and keeping my squad alive is always my #1 priority but dont think you can't have fun in pvp successfully also.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The solution to being a one shot cleric is simple... 200 vitality and 100+ dex
    Sexy evasion ftw =D
    Can't touch this~ ;D
    Worry about magic and equipping a weapon later mirite? I mean you can't heal if you're dead!! It's all about teh lojicks
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yeah I may be 91 but personally I dont think its worth going to 100.

I started in a time where charms were cheap, oracles were rare and clerics were appreciated. Since then charms are too expensive, everyone is an oracle noob that dont know their class and clerics get all the **** in squads because they can't keep the oracle noobs alive because they run in and expect everything.

So no I wouldnt suggest going to 100 at all. Im even thinking about just quitting PWI altogether because its just gone down hill and no one seems to know how to play as a team no more.
  • AlanWake - Harshlands
    AlanWake - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yeah I may be 91 but personally I dont think its worth going to 100.

I started in a time where charms were cheap, oracles were rare and clerics were appreciated. Since then charms are too expensive, everyone is an oracle noob that dont know their class and clerics get all the **** in squads because they can't keep the oracle noobs alive because they run in and expect everything.

So no I wouldnt suggest going to 100 at all. Im even thinking about just quitting PWI altogether because its just gone down hill and no one seems to know how to play as a team no more.

it's because those who find good squads stay together b:thanks
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yeah pro clerics such as myself roll in close knit circles. We are super cliquey ;P
    ohhhh at least get to level 99 so you can use teh secksi gold glaive. Fate Denial <3 *drools*
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yeah pro clerics such as myself roll in close knit circles. We are super cliquey ;P
    ohhhh at least get to level 99 so you can use teh secksi gold glaive. Fate Denial <3 *drools*

I actually dont see the point in going past 91 at all. If you dont have a lunar cloak, 2 lunar rings, a lunar wep or hat you are considered fail.

Its gotten to the point where you need to abuse the CS heavily to actually do anything well past 90
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I actually dont see the point in going past 91 at all. If you dont have a lunar cloak, 2 lunar rings, a lunar wep or hat you are considered fail.

Its gotten to the point where you need to abuse the CS heavily to actually do anything well past 90

The point is it is so much fun rolling cash shoppers =)
    4 plume shots (sage <3) is enough to beat down a nicely geared cleric. Most still don't realize the value of emphasizing pdef and hp =D
    91-100 = 45 more vit <3
  • Ezelle - Harshlands
    Ezelle - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I am not that experienced of a player...but I started out as a cleric...hated it by level 22 and quit, switching to veno. I am now a level 69 veno and now understand the purpose and value of the cleric. Good clerics are always in high demand and can make or break your mission. In fact, now that I am almost at 70 I plan to go back and level my cleric with the help of my faction in order to serve the friends that have helped me so much. But you have to have the right mindset, and as someone already said on here, you have to love working with and depending on others for help. If that is not the case, give it up.
  • thunde88
    thunde88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Cleric is a very very expensive classb:surrender

Bh cost about 100k for me at lvl 50 and a lvl 80 cleric say that it cost 700k+ at that lvl to do tt and other dungeons.

I have play pwi 6 months and i see now less and less new clerics.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    thunde88 wrote: »

Bh cost about 100k for me at lvl 50 and a lvl 80 cleric say that it cost 700k+ at that lvl to do tt and other dungeons.

...how does it cost you 100k for BH39? o.o
    If anything you should be profiting from all the DQ and coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
    edited March 2010
    Options
    thunde88 wrote: »

Are you sure you play PWI? 100k at level 50 for a BH? 700k+ at 80+ ?