Question for a new cleric

Options
Tojop - Dreamweaver
Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Cleric
Hi, first time playing a cleric, and wondering what skills I should level. Everyone says Ironheart Blessing, but Blessing of the Purehearted seems so much better. Also, why is Great Cyclone so "great"? It's only a chance at slowing the mob; I'll take Thunderball for some guaranteed damage any day.
Post edited by Tojop - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Uhhh . . . I'm assuming this is supposed to be a joke?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    *facepalm*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:laugh b:chuckle U're on the right track budy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Q:and wondering what skills I should level

A: Well for starters thunderball is only better unless you have high dexterity cuz then "great" cyclone never misses and it's like PEW! As for other skills to learn, gotta get flight mastery, siren's kiss, and razor feathers maxed because those skills are OP for clerics... I mean they damage multiple targets as opposed to one, which is a better use of your MP, am I rite? 8D
    Also don't bother learning greater protective aura, aegis spirit, exalted renewal, and arcane empowerment... just focus on getting lvl 1 of all the 30 minute buffs. Way better, trust me.
    And Blessing of the Purehearted is WAY better than Ironheart... I mean at max level it costs more mana... so it must be better. Make sense?

Hope that was super helpful.
    Ohhhhh almost forgot the most important tip for any starting cleric. Make sure you can equip a nice pair of dual swords, that way you can still attack when you run out of MP. Don't wanna be totally useless, ya know?
  • Vincent_son - Sanctuary
    Vincent_son - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    A: Well for starters thunderball is only better unless you have high dexterity cuz then "great" cyclone never misses and it's like PEW! As for other skills to learn, gotta get flight mastery, siren's kiss, and razor feathers maxed because those skills are OP for clerics... I mean they damage multiple targets as opposed to one, which is a better use of your MP, am I rite? 8D
    Also don't bother learning greater protective aura, aegis spirit, exalted renewal, and arcane empowerment... just focus on getting lvl 1 of all the 30 minute buffs. Way better, trust me.
    And Blessing of the Purehearted is WAY better than Ironheart... I mean at max level it costs more mana... so it must be better. Make sense?

Hope that was super helpful.
    Ohhhhh almost forgot the most important tip for any starting cleric. Make sure you can equip a nice pair of dual swords, that way you can still attack when you run out of MP. Don't wanna be totally useless, ya know?

Couldn't have said it better myself. I am a level 100 cleric, this is almost exactly what I did. I r pro b:cool
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:victoryb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • YuYuu - Dreamweaver
    YuYuu - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    have you been playing with mushrooms?...
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    have you been playing with mushrooms?...

Scented fungus trips FTW
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Why does this remind me of momento/specialmats >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    heh. it was more poking fun at the demon/sage poll right below. search button ftw :D
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    heh. it was more poking fun at the demon/sage poll right below. search button ftw :D

*faceroll on keyboard*
  • __Nymph__ - Sanctuary
    __Nymph__ - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    IH better?Don't make me laugh,blessing of pureheart has a longer channeling time and doesn't stack,thats a good thing.And the wellspring heal don't even get it the pureheart heals so much better because it's "stronger" and channels longer.The great cyclone is pretty much useless,it only slows the target down which allows you to kite and do more hits before the target gets to you,but we both know thats useless.Thunderball?Sure max it as soon as you can because at lvl 10 it deals Metal dmg equal of your base magic attack plus 4419.7dmg over 15sec.While Wield Thunder at lvl10 does Metal dmg equal to your base magic attack plus 200% of your weapon dmg plus 4583.3 instantly.They both have almost the same channeling time so better get Thunderball because it deals half the Wield Thunder dmg after 15sec.
  • Goldymarg - Heavens Tear
    Goldymarg - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You should level everything to 10 except your res, keep that at lvl 1. Also don't forget to de-equip your weapon when you're healing someone so you can be a full attack cleric everyone so much enjoys.

Seriously though, you'd best be trolling or imma slap you. b:bye
    The Internet is indeed serious business . . . b:lipcurl
    QQ moar
  • Jlora - Sanctuary
    Jlora - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    exactly what i'm doing with my cleric!!! keep the good work b:victory
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    A Cleric that heals? Pft! Just put on a bow, put all stats into Vit, and don't level any skills at all. You will definitely be the best Cleric ever, and you will have SmexyHP.
  • Loastuar - Heavens Tear
    Loastuar - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:thanks
    That's why my cleric never does what it's supposed to. I understand now! Thanks for the awsome advice guys, I'm going to get myself a restat note now. Pity about all the skills though. Guess that means I have to go with the bow idea.

Oh btw, if you are planning on getting a healing skill. Blessing of the Purehearted is so much better. Just say it to yourself a few times, it sounds so . . . virtuous. And it's prettier.