Ahh! Im Gonna Hate Level 89! Help! Y.y

Options
HeavensWing - Sanctuary
HeavensWing - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Blademaster
Ugh, i've been over this Several times, and i never come up with an answer!

Sage Axe VS Demon Axe

Ok, im a PKer but im not all in it, I do other things too. I was looking at the skills from THIS thread and I came up with Sage has Great damage skills.
A couple weeks later I'm arguing with a Demon Axe bm about which is damage, I thought about it and noticed...Demon has some pretty Whoop **** Skills..
Now im back on sage because of the damn Mastery...HELP ME. Everyone says Demon is PKer, Demon is pker, BLAH BLAH BLAH. I see a lot of PKers go demon But Is that Really the right choice? I mean One of the main things I look at in sage is its mastery and buff. And when i look at demon I look at its drake's bash and Buff (for FCC and charging all at once purposes)
Then I look at highland cleave, Which OWNS. it basically gives you a 25% chance to do this to your critrate: "yourcurrentcrit+ (Your currentcrit * 20%). Adding that the 79 skill i have (Bane) Id have a killer crit rate. Then when I look at heavens flame it owns! But is 45mil...So Yeah...
Then at Sultra, It has a 20% chance to gain you 50% more hp, thats 70% of your hp and thats pretty Badass and can make your charm just tick once more in a battle :P

Ok enough of my ranting, Please, HELP ME b:surrender
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Original Join date: Nov 24, 2008
Originally Posted by Russiee - Raging Tide

As for Shadow Escape. "I am sin, I Shadow Escape on a boss, Boss attacks cleric and squad wipes. Lolol im pro fish".

^ So pro b:victory ^
Post edited by HeavensWing - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Perplexitie - Harshlands
    Perplexitie - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    this has been covered so many times ffs. Normally bms go demon because they multipath axes with fist, Mainly because of the demon spark for the att rate, longer drakes bash, roar that never misses and OP dg. Demon is leaned towards more stuns att speed and crit. The only reasons i can think that people would go sage is because of the chi benefits you get, farstrike and the sage mastery. Sage Mastery is actually only about a 3% actual increase in dmg. Call me biased but sage is leaned towards more pve ( in my opinion), Although i have seen a few beastly pk oriented fist sage bms as well. Besides that you get sage aura which is pretty damn nice too. Hope i was of some help in your decision.

now no more of these threads plz..use the search button
  • HeavensWing - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    this has been covered so many times ffs. Normally bms go demon because they multipath axes with fist, Mainly because of the demon spark for the att rate, longer drakes bash, roar that never misses and OP dg. Demon is leaned towards more stuns att speed and crit. The only reasons i can think that people would go sage is because of the chi benefits you get, farstrike and the sage mastery. Sage Mastery is actually only about a 3% actual increase in dmg. Call me biased but sage is leaned towards more pve ( in my opinion), Although i have seen a few beastly pk oriented fist sage bms as well. Besides that you get sage aura which is pretty damn nice too. Hope i was of some help in your decision.

now no more of these threads plz..use the search button

Thanks alot and..i did :P
    None of the threads had the answers I was looking for. More of "GO DEMON WE ROCK" or "DEMONZ OWN SAGE SUCKS F SAGE" :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As for Shadow Escape. "I am sin, I Shadow Escape on a boss, Boss attacks cleric and squad wipes. Lolol im pro fish".

• Pinball_Map - Heavens Tear
    Pinball_Map - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Dude go demon. Trust me, I cannot stress how much of a potential money maker/solo you can be. Lemme tell you how it works...

Deicide Claws + Minus Interval Gears + Demon Spark (You'll make chi like mad crazy) + Blood Paint = SOLO TT TIME!

That's all xD
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Dude go demon. Trust me, I cannot stress how much of a potential money maker/solo you can be. Lemme tell you how it works...

Deicide Claws + Minus Interval Gears + Demon Spark (You'll make chi like mad crazy) + Blood Paint = SOLO TT TIME!

That's all xD

Minimum of 200 self-heal every second is very nice :) And that is against the ? bosses, others give much more. Soloed the beginning bosses of 99 culti with just bloodpaint and spark. I love sins for just that one skill alone b:dirty
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Pinball_Map - Heavens Tear
    Pinball_Map - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Minimum of 200 self-heal every second is very nice :) And that is against the ? bosses, others give much more. Soloed the beginning bosses of 99 culti with just bloodpaint and spark. I love sins for just that one skill alone b:dirty

You heal for about 500-700 per second and you heal 20% Hp from Triple Sparking. Demon Spark will allow you to hit very fast in terms of gaining chi.

So basically you'll be triple sparking constantly
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You heal for about 500-700 per second and you heal 20% Hp from Triple Sparking. Demon Spark will allow you to hit very fast in terms of gaining chi.

So basically you'll be triple sparking constantly

? Boss damage reduction. Maybe with really high refinement, but with +3 Deicides with Garnet gem I deal around 2K damage a hit, 40 health gained from bloodpaint. X5 with APS for 200 health a second. With complete end game gear and +12 weapon, it is possible to gain that much. But for everyone else, it will be around 3XX-4XX if they have a moderate refine rate on their weapon, more if double garneted (+8-10, which seems a waste right now when they could get nirvana instead)

On normal bosses, the health gain is of course obscene. And makes it ridiculously easy to tank bosses, faster, and safer.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    *sigh* Again, IM NOT FISTS.
    Im a ****ing Axe Bm like said in the first post <.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Torges - Sanctuary
    Torges - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    DEMON PWNS!! sage sucks... b:victory
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Restricting yourself to 1 tree as a BM is about the same as not choosing a culti.
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    mastery isn't even THAT big of a gain in damage. You are talking about a difference of 15% weapon mastery and a +1% crit. I dunno how mastery affects BMs but for archers a sage mastery is only an increase of damage by 3% compared to +2% crits.

Looking strictly at skills usable by axes:

Demon gets:

longer drake, longer HF, no-miss RotP, better fissure add (slow can stop kiters at least, only time sage add is useful is so wiz's can do more damage (delta)), drake's sweep gains quite some chi in AoE (statistically every 5 mobs/players = 30 chi)

Sage gets:

180% sutras, Aeolian Blade's damage boost, Stronger Bell, chance of +20% crit add on highland cleave (demon's att speed boost doesn't help axes), 50 chi every 30 seconds

Personally i'd go demon, but i'm multipathing with fists too
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Motoko - Raging Tide
    Motoko - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

If you're only factoring axes and base skills I would call it a wash. But go demon because someday you'll realize what a dumbass you are for not using fists, and you'll want demon spark then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper. - T. S. Eliot
  • Panahasi - Raging Tide
    Panahasi - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Restricting your path to axes is about the dumbest thing u can do as a BM. Yea axes are nice but you will wish u started goin another path down the road when u see other BMs saving some guys **** with the other skills. BMs are known for the flexibility in battle. They are also the squads lifesaver with the stuns. Besides Fist endgame BMs have the most insane dps and makes pvp sooooo much fun.Your should watch endgame multipath BM videos and you will see what I mean.
  • Diva - Dreamweaver
    Diva - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I agree, as a BM, going one weapon path is like ... being a Barb with less HP and no aggro skills, lol. We have the ability to use other weapons we should! Now I am not saying that fists are the end all to be all (I actualyl do not use fists myself ATM), but my build will be restatted when I reach 95 and get Lunar fists. However, Pikes are KILLER PVP weapons, and hte added range is just epic. Seriously, look into other weapons and paths, tha will help solidify your decision. I personally <33 demon path for BMs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I ain't sayin' that I'm the best. But I'm the best. Hey baby you need that."

My Chars:
    Diva | 8x Vit Blademaster | Dreamweaver | Dragons | PowerSurge owns my soul
    Gwendolynne | 9x Heavy Werefox | Heavens Tear | Tao | I Love you G-Kat
    Xyleena | 8x Support Cleric | Heavens Tear | No Faction | Second Main
    Delecroix | 5x Assassin | Heavens Tear | EqualiZeR Leader | Inactive
    Dessari | 5x Psychic | Dreamweaver | No Faction | Inactive
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Fists/Claws at endgame are amazing. They're the only thing that's truly broken with BMs.

Not using them is severly gimping your character.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    DEMON PWNS!! sage sucks... b:victory

reach 90, go demon, duel me and rephrase your statement b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LuneLain - Lost City
    LuneLain - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    pointless thread

The only thing that you've been doing is summing up some stats on skills. You're basically not even asking a question. Before you start asking questions figure out what you want, what you like to do the most with your BM and how you like to do it. When you know all of that for sure, then ask other people for their experience going Demon/Sage that suits your own gameplay.
    As how i see it is, is that you'll adopt some one elses prefered gameplay which you'll end up hating.

So, what and how is your gameplay with your BM?
  • MALIGNO - Harshlands
    MALIGNO - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    For all y'all who think sage BMs are not pro PVPer go to Harshland and inquire about me and EmoWDF ; both sage BMs. I think by now you are +90 and i don't know if you went sage or demon, but both path have their own advantages and disadvantages. What you may lack of not going sage or demon BM, you can always supplement with genie skill or pots. being good in PVP takes experience; knowing what lvl character you can own, knowing when to use the right marrow or not to use it at all; knowing what the right pots to carry; the right genie skills to have; having the right skills etc etc etc... Last thing, only way you can use that 3spark demon against a player is if you have 2 more people ganking your opponent. Rather than that, go ahead and demon spark and let see if your opponent is dumb enough to stick around for you to hit him.
  • Perplexitie - Harshlands
    Perplexitie - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    For all y'all who think sage BMs are not pro PVPer go to Harshland and inquire about me and EmoWDF ; both sage BMs. I think by now you are +90 and i don't know if you went sage or demon, but both path have their own advantages and disadvantages. What you may lack of not going sage or demon BM, you can always supplement with genie skill or pots. being good in PVP takes experience; knowing what lvl character you can own, knowing when to use the right marrow or not to use it at all; knowing what the right pots to carry; the right genie skills to have; having the right skills etc etc etc... Last thing, only way you can use that 3spark demon against a player is if you have 2 more people ganking your opponent. Rather than that, go ahead and demon spark and let see if your opponent is dumb enough to stick around for you to hit him.

THIS ^^b:bye
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Bump because I think its needed, Im Axe AND POLE. Restricting yourself to just one path IS stupid.
    I also see a great post, Maligno's. His gives Pure facts actuallly. THe only thing I disagree on is his LAST PART. If they do try to run, I has Holy path and those nifty Cloud sprints a Budhistiva
    Oh yeah and StarChief is just pwnage >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol, was in stars guil;d back when he was a 29 BM, and did his FB on me veno. still think he has a little growing to do before he can talk with the bigboys on sanc's Bm line :P.

to be honest, the mastery damage is so insignificant over the other build its not even funny. demons get a 75% boost, itll tell you this after you get the skill. (just an example on these phys damage 90 vs 75% boosts, since the attack formula is the same for archers as it is for your str on BMs)

sage archer at 100 has 400 (90%) dex and sage mastery, demon archer has 400 (75%) as well, and demon mastery. they both have the same gear on, so we'll leave that out of the equation.
    formula goes:
    (1 + [dex or str] / 150 + [mastery]) + (LVL +equipment), since they have same gear this last part is omitted

(1 + 400 / 150 + .9) / (1 + 400 / 150 +.75) = 1.0339622641509433962264150943396 or roughly about
    1.034, which translated into a % is only a 3.4% damage boost

now that crit on the other hand will add into the likely hood of you smacking peoples heads in with zerkcrits.

since youre axe and pole, lets look at your two spark moves. the spear one has a 50% chance for you to have ALL your hits crit for 5 seconds, if you are fast on weapon switching, imagine the potential this has.who cares about a chance to only consume one spark, thats stupid.
    then there is heaven's flame, 9 second extended duration of curse vs 2000 fire damage added to it. 9 seconds of curse opens up you and/or your party's damage potential by a ton, a little fire dot does not.

then lets move to axe aoes.
    fissure: 30% fire reduction (sage) vs 65% slower running speed (demon)
    WTF YOURE NOT A WIZARD, slowered enemies on the other hand may be useful in some situations.

highland cleave:25% chance for 20% crit (sage) vs 20% chance to have a 25% attack speed boost. (demon). these are both equally nasty in my eyes, but one skill shouldnt be what deters you from your demon goal. besides, more atk speed = faster chi = faster HF, voila.

drake bash [not aoe but still axe move]: chance to only use 1 spark vs 7.5s stun (demon)
    if you considered the 1 spark if fr one second at all... slap yourself.

then there are sparks, id honestly take 25% attack speed over 25% dmg reduction, you'd already have a ton of defense as is. the reduction last i heard, doesnt stack with bb, and the red effect is just coolio.

so theres my stupid insight, enjoy dude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    sage saves sparks and is mediocre over time

demon does obsene things with sparks is decent over time and ungodly in short bursts

and can stunlock with just roar and bash (abeit with a 1/2 second gap but with server lag that dosent matter)

and sage spark + cyclone heel takes 5 seconds + 1 second of lag/aftercast grats you ate all of your rotp time

the paths ARE more balanced now but sage has a long way to go before its on par with demon

(demon actualy can make more chi in combat than sage btw at least on paper sage just saves sparks randomly)

also if more int gear is made then hell could hit 5 aps with blades (think it needs another .15)
    Gifs are hard to make work here