Bring back the PvE into PWI. Alter Quest Rewards or BH goals.

Michael_Dark - Lost City
Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Suggestion Box
PWI has gone through some incredible changes, many good, but some have really taken the fun out of the game. There's even a topic in the main forum asking "what are quests for".

The population of a sever used to be pretty well distributed with players all over the map... now most smaller towns and quest areas are barren and empty. On PvE servers, there isn't really any more PvE, unless you count going into BH instances over and over, every day, to be PvE.

Suggestion: Alter Quest Rewards to include EXP or Items that make them actually worth accomplishing. EXP rewards should be increased as well as the typical 1 celestone to something more signiificant. This will pull players away from the center of arch and back out to quest areas. Yes, this means more PvP on PvP servers, but how is that a bad thing?

EDIT: I would even be for completely removing BH. Having the population redistribute itself away from the center of arch and making the overall population more spread out would make the server feel less empty, and there would actually be more to do because everyone who would normally spend all their time trying to get their BH done would actually go out and do stuff. *shrug* but whatever. Most new players would scream and whine if they actually had to play the game in any semblance like it used to be.
I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
Post edited by Michael_Dark - Lost City on

Comments

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    :3 support
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    thats like the only good suggestion Ive read in this section, support :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    We need more better PVE, thats for sure. Dailies kinda getting old now.

Supporting ftw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i absolutely agree with u! more power to normal quests!
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Yeah i totally agree ;/

Seems many people stops doing quest after like lvl 40 now since its just waste of time >.<

And around 60+ no one does quests at all beside maybe the Tideborn chain since it gives nice items. Reward from regular quests isn't really proportional to the effort you have to put in any more, just compare it to BHs/Public Quests or Hyper exp.

I know quests are optional and all, but whats the point even having them in game if no one does them at all?

They really should make quests more rewarding exp-wise so people will start doing pve again lol
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    PWI has gone through some incredible changes, many good, but some have really taken the fun out of the game. There's even a topic in the main forum asking "what are quests for".

The population of a sever used to be pretty well distributed with players all over the map... now most smaller towns and quest areas are barren and empty. On PvE servers, there isn't really any more PvE, unless you count going into BH instances over and over, every day, to be PvE.

Suggestion: Alter Quest Rewards to include EXP or Items that make them actually worth accomplishing. EXP rewards should be increased as well as the typical 1 celestone to something more signiificant. This will pull players away from the center of arch and back out to quest areas. Yes, this means more PvP on PvP servers, but how is that a bad thing?

I like your suggestion, but I think it should also be like how the old BH's worked. 1 per day and can have a total of 3 BH's in your quest log. This would make actually earn there EXP by doing normal quests and not just be trapped in instances all day.

You got my support.

~SilverCleric~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    We need the PVE back. When I go out and do my quests there's almost nobody around. Maybe one or two people. The only time Tusk Town ever had more than 5 people in it within the past month was when Dynasty gathered there before my faction fought them last weekend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zolyph - Sanctuary
    Zolyph - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I agree wholeheartedly. I'm growing tired of BH 3 times every day... Changing BH and the normal quest rewards would be a phenomenal idea. b:pleased
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I also agree, it's just not rewarding at all doing quests anymore. And the only time bh is fun any more is if you wipe and/or don't wine it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nevaglar - Sanctuary
    Nevaglar - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I agree! I do my quests, but it's boring, i'm always alone, nobody to squad withb:cry
  • Albester - Sanctuary
    Albester - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I agree! I do my quests, but it's boring, i'm always alone, nobody to squad withb:cry

Same here. Need to increase rewards to make it worthwhile to more people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bullseye - Dreamweaver
    Bullseye - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I support this suggestion.
  • Mentaz - Sanctuary
    Mentaz - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I agree - just thinking though that the devs probably aren't keen on modifying every quest out there. So what about adding 'Bonus' quests instead - anytime you cash in a quest, there's a chance you'll be offered a new Bonus quest. Just have you kill some more mobs (level based on either your level, or level of the quest you just turned in - target mob could even be picked at random from all 'normal' mobs), maybe with a time limit. The reward for this Bonus quest would be a nice chunk of XP/SP and/or a rare item.

The item rewards could be from existing items (e.g: 3* equipment or molds) - or to make it even more enticing, could introduce some new items that are only available through these bonus quests ...

Point is it would make all quests more attractive without actually having to modify them all. As long as the chance of getting one and/or the reward for completing it is high enough, players will want to work on 'normal' quests to try and get a Bonus quest.
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    +1 sweet heart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    I agree - just thinking though that the devs probably aren't keen on modifying every quest out there. So what about adding 'Bonus' quests instead - anytime you cash in a quest, there's a chance you'll be offered a new Bonus quest. Just have you kill some more mobs (level based on either your level, or level of the quest you just turned in - target mob could even be picked at random from all 'normal' mobs), maybe with a time limit. The reward for this Bonus quest would be a nice chunk of XP/SP and/or a rare item.

The item rewards could be from existing items (e.g: 3* equipment or molds) - or to make it even more enticing, could introduce some new items that are only available through these bonus quests ...

Point is it would make all quests more attractive without actually having to modify them all. As long as the chance of getting one and/or the reward for completing it is high enough, players will want to work on 'normal' quests to try and get a Bonus quest.

That just sounds like an overcomplication. Much more difficult than to change a few lines in a text file or database.

Quest rewards can easily be changed. There really aren't that many quests... look at the quest guides, each 1-19 quest chain fits in one post, the rest fit in 10 level spreads. It really wouldn't be all that difficult, and since this game is changing dramatically, these quests should reflect the changes, IMO.
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    erm ya shur
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    *sign*

This is the best idea I've seen in the suggestion box lately.
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • Nevaglar - Sanctuary
    Nevaglar - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Hey! Maybe u should post a poll, that would make it easyer for GMs/Devs to see we're actually serious about this b:victory
  • nakhtuul
    nakhtuul Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I would have to agree with this suggestion. Im not sure on other servers, but I know on Sanctuary, no one does quests anymore. Isnt that the whole purpose of a MMO, to do quests, learn about the storyline of the MMO?

Perfect World International Alumni
    Closed Beta 2008 - Present
  • Hecklar - Sanctuary
    Hecklar - Sanctuary Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Grr, I really hate these posts... Especially the ones that don't benifit me in any shape or Form. Yeah I guess it's a good idea.. It'd be nice to get more for doing quests.. Too bad I already Did all mine <.< And can't benifit from this. Now more people will catch up to my level with less effort then I had. What took me over a year to do, people can do in a few weeks now. If they Give you 10 times the exp and items for the quests, then I want that Exp for the quests I've already done Factored into my level =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I support true forms :3
  • Falon - Lost City
    Falon - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    +1.

tencharlimit.

Hai Mike
  • _aerith_ - Dreamweaver
    _aerith_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I totally agree.

All there is to do in this game is BH, BH, BH, CS, then move onto the next alt.
    By the time you are done with all the dailies on all your alts. Its time to go to sleep or go to work.

BH system at the moment takes way too long. I would agree on having 1 BH a day. It would then give us some time to grind on some quests or gathering herbs.
    edited March 2010
    +1.

tencharlimit.

Hai Mike

<3 b:cute
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Agreed, but more so on the alter bh not quests. yeah the rewards could be better. But even if they were I'd still imagine alot of people not bothering with them. I'd like to see us back on the 1 bh a day schedule.
  • Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear
    Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm in, it sound awesome. b:thanks
  • Hacy_girl - Dreamweaver
    Hacy_girl - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i support, quests are too boring and need betetr rewards for the motivation b:chuckle
  • Theavenger - Sanctuary
    Theavenger - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I like BH just the way it is right now. Sure it's boring as heck and it's a pain leaving the instance to go turn it in, but it gives me good exp.

Personally, they need to get a lot more creative and rewarding with the normal quests. I'm sorry, but I'd rather run around in a dungeon for three hours with a squad than kill 60-100 mobs for 3 hours only to get hardly anything at all. most normal quests are just a disguise for grinding, and i don't think grinding should ever have to be an option.

On another note, i think there should be a quest sorting feature. either by lvl or reward or something. i have a 50+ quest pile.

On another ridiculous side note, wouldn't it be awesome if we could just do one mega big quest that has the total of all the smaller quests rewards in it, so when we did it it would clear the quest list of all the normal smaller quests instead if having to do them one at a time? ( I'm gonna get scolded for suggesting this)
    edited March 2010
    On another ridiculous side note, wouldn't it be awesome if we could just do one mega big quest that has the total of all the smaller quests rewards in it, so when we did it it would clear the quest list of all the normal smaller quests instead if having to do them one at a time? ( I'm gonna get scolded for suggesting this)

How about a cash shop item you can install that would automatically give you the quest completion right when you pick it up, so you see a quest, go to it, and get the reward and quest over?

That'd be neat, huh? >.>
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ... On another ridiculous side note, wouldn't it be awesome if we could just do one mega big quest that has the total of all the smaller quests rewards in it, so when we did it it would clear the quest list of all the normal smaller quests instead if having to do them one at a time? ( I'm gonna get scolded for suggesting this)

Hang me by the beard! I love the idea! It would have to be a massive dungeon, with traps and more active bosses (Such as frost) but not giving you all the quests, but about 5 of them per run, you choose what quests to get solved.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I like BH just the way it is right now. Sure it's boring as heck and it's a pain leaving the instance to go turn it in, but it gives me good exp.

Personally, they need to get a lot more creative and rewarding with the normal quests. I'm sorry, but I'd rather run around in a dungeon for three hours with a squad than kill 60-100 mobs for 3 hours only to get hardly anything at all. most normal quests are just a disguise for grinding, and i don't think grinding should ever have to be an option.

On another note, i think there should be a quest sorting feature. either by lvl or reward or something. i have a 50+ quest pile.

I believe you possibly can't even take 1 mob at least 10 LVLs lower than your own. Need a barb? lol b:shutup

PVE needs to come back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye