iPod/iPhone App

MrGarland - Harshlands
MrGarland - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Suggestion Box
We need an iPod/iPhone App that will allow us to do things like check skills, or lookup Auction House prices or just as simple as game updates (ie: patch notification). It would be nice to be able be in or out of game an still be making plans and strageties for ingame.

Maybe add something that allows you to get notifications from faction leaders. ie: if there it a TW upcoming, then the leader can post meeting dates, strats and other things.

Post ideas for this App if PWE was to take it up.
Post edited by MrGarland - Harshlands on

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ... It's just a game and from the sounds of it, you're way obsessed. You should get help.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • MrGarland - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Another idea would be to be able to update your blacklist from it....
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Another idea would be to be able to update your blacklist from it....

Oh and while you're at it, shop at the AH, the NPCs and talk to the NPCs as well, am I right?

Seriously, you're way obsessed if you cannot go out for a few hours without craving to check the AH or the blacklist or whatever.

This is probably the point where people are meant to imagine a wild college party or a cocktail party or whatever and picture that one guy sitting in a corner, doing something on his phone and telling everyone who tries to talk to him that he is busy. Oh, and then, all of the sudden, he jumps up and shout "I GOT IT! I WON THE BID!" and when someone asks him what it is, he replies "An item in this game I play. I've been in a bidding war on my phone ever since I left home. And finally I won! I feel so great right now, I cannot wait to get home!"
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • SoulFlare - Sanctuary
    SoulFlare - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If I could play PWI on my phone that'd be interesting XD the only problem is that phones don't have good graphics cards like computers so it'll lag like hell. But seriously, you can do sooooooo much more on your phone... Like talk to others (which is the purpose of a phone...)
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Nah. There's no way I'd have any sort of fun playing my game on my Itouch. In order for the user panels to all be visible, everything would have to be mouse-sized. The app itself might be about 10 bucks.

It's just bad, that's all. No way it could possibly happen. Now, the Ipad MIGHT be an exception, although for me the Ipad is more or less just four Itouches duct taped together.
  • Mentaz - Sanctuary
    Mentaz - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    check skills
    Not sure what the point is when you can't play it ... but if you really need to know, you could just go here
    lookup Auction House prices
    Only real reason I could see for that is to check if you've been outbid on something ... and personally I'd rather they introduced proxy bidding to the AH.
    or just as simple as game updates (ie: patch notification)
    Usually happens once a week ... and just can't see creating a whole app for the odd emergency patch - and could just check the forum anyway.
    It would be nice to be able be in or out of game an still be making plans and strageties for ingame.

Maybe add something that allows you to get notifications from faction leaders. ie: if there it a TW upcoming, then the leader can post meeting dates, strats and other things.
    Any faction I've been in uses their own website for that sort of thing ...
  • MrGarland - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Ok, I am obviously being misunderstood here.

What I mean by this App, is not the game itself. I'm talking about just tools that I can work with on my iPhone while I am in game so that I don't have to Alt+Tab out or run in windowed mode (which sucks).

Also, all the tools that I mention can be put into 1 app so that multiple apps wouldn't have to be made.

@Olba: By the way, go troll someone else's thread if you have nothing constructive to say about a suggestion :D
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    @Olba: By the way, go troll someone else's thread if you have nothing constructive to say about a suggestion :D

If you cannot take what I said without pulling the "trolling" argument, you're nothing but a sad, misinformed person who justifies being a jackass by being "on the right side" since your adversary, in this case me, is "just a troll".

Me, I don't need to do that. I just dislike the sugarcoated approach, because that tends to misinform the person receiving the comments that they are right in some way, just that their approach is slightly wrong, which makes them persistently try again and again. And me, I don't want that. Because once you start it, there's no ending to it, you just have to keep talking on and on until they move on.

Really now, as I said, this suggestion of yours does not strike me as an aid to a gamer, it strikes me as something a dangerously addicted person would want. Someone who feels bad about not being there, someone who wants to be on top of things, to know. That, in itself is not bad, but it sure as heck counts as a serious addiction. And addictions, they are never good. The last thing we need is for this greedy company to start feeding gaming addicts.

• MrGarland - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    @Olba: What strikes that you are a troll is the fact that you attempt to write long sentences to show that you might be educated and know something that you are talking about, but if fact, all of your "long sentences" are just run-ons. Therefore I will not continue this argument with someone who doesn't understand grammar but likes to put his 2 cents on a thread he really has no intention of being constructive with.

@Everyone else: Anyone got any other ideas that could work along side this App?
  • crimsonnovastorm
    crimsonnovastorm Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I agree there should be a app there is one for WoW.
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think PW intentionally forced you to have to run to town to do all these stuff for some reason because you know, they could just put all these on your Menu. Making an App on iPhone for these defeat these reasons.
  • atzelp
    atzelp Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yes an Iphone/Ipod app for Perfect World would be great..

you could show in your bag and change inventory items..

or check if there are available quests.. or look for thinks that you need.
    Linked to pwdatabases would be a nice help for all pw players and ihone/ipod users..

I hope there will be an Application soon..
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    b:puzzled

why not just get yourself a laptop and mobile broadband - viola pwi whenever wherever you want it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I believe that actually putting that this suggestion into practice would be too complicated and inefficient to be of much use to a PWI player, not to mention being a profit to the company as a whole.

If you really need PWI information, there are already plenty of fan and official websites that you can access via mobile web.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    b:puzzled

why not just get yourself a laptop and mobile broadband - viola pwi whenever wherever you want it
    This. Theres no need to make other programs to make the game more complicated/easy. The GM's already give us enough as it is, and here we are, asking for more. Lets keep what we have for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Zuunu - Heavens Tear
    Zuunu - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well I think it'd be pretty cool to have an App that lets you see the TW map for each server, and maybe showing what faction is attacking which.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    atzelp wrote: »
    Yes an Iphone/Ipod app for Perfect World would be great..

you could show in your bag and change inventory items..

or check if there are available quests.. or look for thinks that you need.
    Linked to pwdatabases would be a nice help for all pw players and ihone/ipod users..

I hope there will be an Application soon..

can i just say, necro? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Maxiine - Harshlands
    Maxiine - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I think this could be a good idea but not the whole game on your phone I think istead it should just be your cat shop. You can you know move wherever you want with a single press on the map and you should have an inventory and so on so you'll be able to check your shop wherever you happen to be :)
  • kaaosexemplar
    kaaosexemplar Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I personally ask, why not make perfect wold an app? I know for a fact that an iPad could run perfect world very easily. I computer inuse to play has far less capability than the iPad. Even if you would have to pay 10- 15 $ for the app it would help greatly with the popularity and growth of perfect world.
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    necro .

please check the dates of the last post in a thread . If its over thirty days old, it's a necro . it's dead and it doesnt need to be revived ((:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
This discussion has been closed.