EVENT: Project Fashion!

Comments

• Cauni - Sanctuary
    Cauni - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Here is what I have submitted so far with a couple of other color schemes to show the pigment areas off

beachblue.jpg

beachgold.jpg

The guy version of this would be no exposed midriff and perhaps optional full length pants

The drawing of the woman (not clothes, that btw re nice :D ) reminds me Milo Manara.

Here's a good one b:laugh
    http://img291.imageshack.us/i/pedobearhoodiecostume.jpg/ b:sin
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Got another fashion, this one modeled by my friend's Venomancer :P Was going for a gypsy type look with this one....

FashDesign4.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Kyna, you're making me VERY glad my entry is male fash.

Day-um... dizzy.gif
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If anyone is doubting the authenticity of some designs, you can use tineye.com. It searches the web for any instance which the image you upload or link to is used. Saw it on daytime talkshow and thought I'd share it with yall since it'd come in handy^_^
    b:mischievousb:mischievousb:mischievous

Nice find :D
    Retired b:bye
  • harperb
    harperb Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    dhen12 wrote: »
    i love it my designb:dirty

[IMG][/img]2wc2rz8.jpg

b:cute

... is the best form of flattery, I guess. This image and another Dhen made are stolen from my flickr at http://www.flickr.com/harperb and from my blog at http://slfashionpassion.wordpress.com. All the content is appropriately credited in the blog.

I saw some really nice original work in this thread. You don't honestly think you can get away with this, do you, Dhen? Congratulations to all the folks who are doing honest hard original work! Thanks for bringing my attention to this and being vigilant :)

Harper Beresford
  • harperb
    harperb Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I am glad someone else pointed this out. I was actually contempating contacting the SL designers b:angry content is stole enough there as is, we dont need it even more

But enough of you linked through to my blog for me to wonder where it was coming from... thanks again :)
  • Veratios - Harshlands
    Veratios - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ShadowWarrior.jpg
    hope u like but may be to much
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    hope u like but may be to much

Oh come on now Veratios. Didn't you just learn anything from Dhen's example?
    Stealing is bad, mkay?

Now go make your own arts.
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    yay!! something I suggest finally comes into good use for once!!!
    b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Veratios - Harshlands
    Veratios - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i didnt steal it but ok ill get u something elce
  • La_Zorra - Sanctuary
    La_Zorra - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well they did say something about no full sets o_o

Hmm...I actually understood it as the opposite, that full sets might carry more interest from the judges than single pieces. Although I am sure they will be fair and look at all the entries, and if a single piece is the best, then it should win! Gonna try my hand at this, too, lol, sounds like lots of fun! Thanks Frankie ~

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Muchas gracias to Saitada for the siggy ~
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i didnt steal it but ok ill get u something elce

you didn't steal it, but you posted it as if it were yours and said "hope u like but may be to much"

to me that sounds like you stole it.
    Retired b:bye
  • Aya_Rei - Heavens Tear
    Aya_Rei - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i like this event they should make more like this 1

for example other for wepons n gears or mobs/bosses
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i like this event they should make more like this 1

for example other for wepons n gears or mobs/bosses

personally i would like to see them include sleeves / morphs for weapons, so you could buy an item from the cash shop and it would make your weapon look like something else

e.g you are running around the game in a suit - sleeve your sword/hammer to make it look like a briefcase (not very exciting i know lol but just to give the idea)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Vyernia - Sanctuary
    Vyernia - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well I thought I'd post one of my entries... and my first attempt at painting only in photoshop.

** I'm still working on the dress and final headpiece for this set. Can't decide what I like best.

2cdtngh.jpg
  • Azurite - Harshlands
    Azurite - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Blahhhh... I'm still working on my designs, but wouldn't it be amusing if someone designed (and it was actually implemented) mascot costumes? So for example, elves can wear a panda suit or perhaps a giant banana? I think that would be awesome. XD
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If anyone is doubting the authenticity of some designs, you can use tineye.com. It searches the web for any instance which the image you upload or link to is used. Saw it on daytime talkshow and thought I'd share it with yall since it'd come in handy^_^
    b:mischievousb:mischievousb:mischievous
    wow this is nice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2010

i...want...NOW! b:dirty i love the female. i cant wait to see your male version b:dirtyb:cute
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • lamina123
    lamina123 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Heuu je suis francaise et j'aime bien cette id
  • CottenTail - Lost City
    CottenTail - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    some really nice stuff here guys keep up good workb:dirty
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited March 2010

love it all apart from the hair in the 1st pic, not my style ^^

otherwise awesome designs, keep it up
  • hijikatasan
    hijikatasan Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Im really curious about something and i think in order to get a valid answer would be from a GM or a Developer. Would the developers be able to make capes? i have seen many entries with capes so far and i dont see the point of it if there's no slot for capes. Perhaps would be attached to the top gear? And i dont know if the capes would be able to flow with the air unless they will improve the graphics of the game. Also how are they going to make these fashion sets? If im correct this game comes from China. Unless PWI does makes developments on their own they would have to depend on China developers to make these fashion sets. Im impressed with many entries i have seen so far and cant' hardly wait to see more :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do not worry... Its just red paint." ;P

(\ __/)..........(\___/).............
    (^,..,^)
    ..<3.. (=,..,=)...........
    C(")_(")
    .........(")_(")D.....4utnv
  • Schec - Dreamweaver
    Schec - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i have a question :
    When I send my designs do I write the username or the character's name or both?
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Im really curious about something and i think in order to get a valid answer would be from a GM or a Developer. Would the developers be able to make capes? i have seen many entries with capes so far and i dont see the point of it if there's no slot for capes. Perhaps would be attached to the top gear? And i dont know if the capes would be able to flow with the air unless they will improve the graphics of the game. Also how are they going to make these fashion sets? If im correct this game comes from China. Unless PWI does makes developments on their own they would have to depend on China developers to make these fashion sets. Im impressed with many entries i have seen so far and cant' hardly wait to see more :)

Might have to ticket that question not sure, xD I don't ask many questions but you do bring up a valid point and I'd have to read the first post over again but I don't think that they even guaranteed that an actual clothing set would be made of the contest winner. And I see what you mean about the capes. I tried to do my designs keeping in mind that nothing flows in this game, not even the hair...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Grand_Zander - Dreamweaver
    Grand_Zander - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I can't draw to save my life anyways, so i guess out.b:surrender
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Might have to ticket that question not sure, xD I don't ask many questions but you do bring up a valid point and I'd have to read the first post over again but I don't think that they even guaranteed that an actual clothing set would be made of the contest winner. And I see what you mean about the capes. I tried to do my designs keeping in mind that nothing flows in this game, not even the hair...

Yea, i see a lot of cool designs with capes, but the cape would nvr move unless a wind effect was added to the game. Now adding this effect to random localized areas wouldn't be hards, it would be more of challenge to get it to stay with the body during the wind, and then of course it would add a lot of lag to people without good 3d rendering graphics cards. As for hair, they could at least make it so it sways when people run; which would look a lot better then when it cuts into the back cus it nvr moves.

Also, theres no guarantee of the winning choice of being made into a fashion in game (especially if its a really complicated piece of fashion), they said the best pieces have a chance, so that means an honorable mention could become fashion, while the winning piece is not.
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • Credence - Sanctuary
    Credence - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Im so sick and tired of guys wearing tights and clothing that make us feel like women should be wearing it! Lets make it urban... street... give it a toss up... hip hop, artistic.. Lets call it the TAG set! Men should be wearing decent things too! I hear ur Words! Sulk no more... It is made... lets mark PWI.

Proto1jpg.jpg
    /showpost.php?p=10036192&postcount=914

Its far from perfect.. its all demolished.
  • Kajose - Lost City
    Kajose - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I made a Assassin suit for all of our new Assassins on Lost-City serverb:victory i sure hope it'll be liked/loved by the juryb:laughb:laugh
This discussion has been closed.