A Question About PWI to everyone (including the GM's)

Options
callias
callias Posts: 31 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
PWI has done a great job to survive until now.

The problem right now from my point of view is that the they rushed with the hyper stones and the oracles to make us level fast up to level 100, that sale was good for making money and this company is all about making money and we cant blame them because if we were in their shoes, we woudlve probably done the same thing.

Heres my question, Do you guys want to make quick money? or getting money all the time for a long time? because letting theese perfect iron hammers out ruined the economy, gold prices went higher up and people maybe didnt buy as much gold as before because 100k coins was worth 1gold, so people had to buy more gold to get more coins but now, thats not even needed anymore, Buy 4-5 gold and ur ok for 2 weeks probably for bh and cs.
So your solution to get more money like before was probably letting Tokens out, which was great, because we were able to get gems for a cheaper price BUT the down side was the oracles ( alot of complains from us but no complains for u guys, u were making good money, no harm in that).

then the hyper stones came out, you wanted people to become level 100 so they could buy nirvana packs, and i dont think that worked out so great.

SO now that alot of people is already getting to level 100, theres a biiig problem, because people already has high leveled chars , their getting bored of the game and dont want to spend that much coins on this and that, theres nothing to do, people are playing this game less and less which affects u guys alot and the players that plays this game.

Getting BH squads or other squads is a problem in every server and not just in 1 server or 1 guild, u guys wanted to make quick money fast and the result is that, people are level 100 and trying out new games, them trying out new games means less money for you because they might end up liking that game better because its not a big cash shopper game like this one or just trying out new games cause their bored of doing the same thing over and over again or doing stuff which is impossible to get in game and not even worth spending ur life time so much for getting a gear well like warsong.

we need a new idea, we need some stuff changed in this game, remove the perfect iron hammers, remove the hyper stones or if you dont want to remove them atleast come up with a new idea, like after level 102, a new expansion starts, with lots of other quests to do and something different then what u used to from 1-102, a new expansion idea. doing warsong and lunar or fc all the time is boring.

So what will u guys choose? Making quick money and losing people and not making more money out of this game in 2-3 years? or make alot of money for a long time and keep the members playing here? dont forget that the people that is playing this game is the ones feeding you so you guys should be very careful with what you are doing because a couple of more mistakes and bye bye PWI.

if you want to make money, lower some of the prices , like the charms and stuff, 4 bucks for a charm that only lasts 1 tw is stupid.

1 last thing, you guys are making so much money but the progress of making this game a better game isnt even going that well, oh yeah u got nirvana out and new class and some other adds, but thoose stuff are boring to over and over again.
so wake up and start caring about the game for you will lose players.

oh yeah, to all of the members in the forums, stop saying "leave the game if u want to pwi wont miss you" that line has made some people leave, and look at the result.
its your loss, not the members that are leaving pwi, there is always new games to play.
Post edited by callias on

Comments

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This game is slowly deteriorating, likeit or not. but nothing is going to change without real work and effort in making this game better.

It's not just about the GMs but the players as well.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Tap - Lost City
    Tap - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Maybe they're trying to make as much money right as soon as possible before everyone moves onto other games. The economy is pretty messed up and is it not possible that they just gave up on it and don't care what any of us have to say?
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Most other mmo's I've played actually try to please its players along with making a profit. PWE is not one of them. This game has been on a downward spiral for quite some time. When I started playing, gold was at 80k each, and items were reasonably priced. Now, gold prices are up and item prices are up, but drop rates remain the same. The price of everything in this game has gone up, yet we all continue to receive the same amount of coins and drops as we did when gold was under 100k. The only way to make it is by being a cash shopper, which is what many players have resorted to doing. This means more money for PWE, but at the price of having an unhappy community. I said it before and I'll say it again, PWE is too damn greedy. All they care about is the dollar, and that will one day be their downfall.
  • callias
    edited March 2010
    Options
    they even rushed with opening a new server when a new server is not even needed, RT is not even full enough to make a new server, and yes ur right, that will be their downfall cause they maybe want to make alot of money quick and focus on forsaken world, but i bet nobody will play a perfect world entertaiment game again after PWI fails, so yeah.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    callias wrote: »
    PWI had done a great job to survive until now.

*snip*

Briefly skimmed your post... pretty much tl:dr but I'll post my comments to you.

BH wasn't around when gold was 100k.

Perfect Iron Hammer didn't ruin the economy, gold was already over 200k when they came out.

Eliminate BH and 2/3 of your rant is moot.

EDIT: Oh, and the title of your post says "A question about PWI..." Yet, I don't recall seeing a single question. lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • callias
    edited March 2010
    Options
    LMAO, it was supposed to be a questionb:surrender
    but then i wanted to write something else, and i forgot to change the name and just posted lol ( i know failb:sadb:surrender
  • callias
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Briefly skimmed your post... pretty much tl:dr but I'll post my comments to you.

BH wasn't around when gold was 100k.

Perfect Iron Hammer didn't ruin the economy, gold was already over 200k when they came out.

Eliminate BH and 2/3 of your rant is moot.

Em, perfect iron hammer did ruin the economy, if i remember correctly, there was a event when the hammers came out thats why the gold was already over 200k i think but im not really sure. But since the 1mil chests came out , why sell gold under 200k? so in a way that did ruin the economy.

and yes bh wasnt out when the gold was at 100k, because when gold was at 100k was probably 1 year ago, but still whats ur point with bh not being around when gold was 100k?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Maybe because with no BH then most people won't selling wine and mats will be cheaper.
    And people won't lv up so fast and get bored later.
    (Especially because i found many player that do BH a lot then complain that they were poor.)

But yeah . . it kinda annoying when you found out younger generation has much more easier time than your old days. >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Yafande - Harshlands
    Yafande - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Why would they care about Perfect World when they have Battle of the Immortals coming out soon =O

Isn't it commonplace for companies who produce multiple MMOs to maintain a stable player base(relatively small compared to when it was popular but still stable) for each one while putting out the next to either attract new players or bring those back who already left. Because face it, while some people come and go, there will always be some people who will always play PWI's games, and some more than one.

Not that I'm saying I'm displeased with the game. Sure it has problems, so does every other MMO I've played, you'll never see a -Perfect- one. The important thing is that it is still enjoyable for me. Spend some money on fashion, buy a charm here or there, and you've already spent the same amount as if you had a WoW subscription.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Em, perfect iron hammer did ruin the economy, if i remember correctly, there was a event when the hammers came out thats why the gold was already over 200k i think but im not really sure. But since the 1mil chests came out , why sell gold under 200k? so in a way that did ruin the economy.

and yes bh wasnt out when the gold was at 100k, because when gold was at 100k was probably 1 year ago, but still whats ur point with bh not being around when gold was 100k?

... It's not the hammers, it's the chests of coin. What were hammers used before them? Only the Supply Stashes on lvl 50 and lvl 80. Heck, even before the chests of coin, the hammers were profitable, since you could sell the Christmas Tome for like 500k, which covered one of the hammers and you got a Flawless Shard out of one the stashes between 50 and 80, which covered the other. Heck, for some classes, the weapons from the lvl 50 stash alone was enough reason to buy the first hammer.

And it wasn't a year ago that gold was 100k. I remember the gold being 100k and I started in May last year. That's still 2 months into the future.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Granted they are a business but I don't recall a business that doesn't listen to their customers. They listen to improve products hence the reviews. So has PWE turned to a one side business yes, and that will not fair out well for them. Sooner rather than later they will end up dying. The game was awesome from the start, not it's barely worth playing. I'm just waiting for BOI to come out and I'm gone.
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    As you can see, the main thing to ruin gold prices was none other than the infamous Annipack, something that's obviously become a "necessary evil" for some, and "the scourge of the servers" for others, and "profit" for the developers and cash shoppers. And whom else to blame? The Devs who wish to make money, and have to have our demands channeled through the GMs in order to even have them listened to. And the truth is, there are worse games than this out there, as has already been posted within the forums before....
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The game has become unbalanced in many ways and the leveling pace is just one such feature. I have some hope this isn't so much random but a sign the level cap will soon be raised...
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Granted they are a business but I don't recall a business that doesn't listen to their customers. They listen to improve products hence the reviews. So has PWE turned to a one side business yes, and that will not fair out well for them. Sooner rather than later they will end up dying. The game was awesome from the start, not it's barely worth playing. I'm just waiting for BOI to come out and I'm gone.

Oh come on! The whole "The customer is always right" mentality is self-defeating, since there are obviously customers that was exactly contradicting things, leading to, well, *HEAD EXPLODES*
    As you can see, the main thing to ruin gold prices was none other than the infamous Annipack, something that's obviously become a "necessary evil" for some, and "the scourge of the servers" for others, and "profit" for the developers and cash shoppers.

Oh come on! Get a clue, please. It's not the Anni Pack itself, it's the change in medium. There's always a standard for comparison for Gold. At a time, it was charms. During JJ's, it's usually the GAs. Anni Packs, now, they are cheap, they give epic gear, aka they are worth much more per Gold than Charms or GAs. That is what changed. Anniversary Packs happened to turn into the new medium of Gold, therefore raising the prices. And everyone is anticipating a new pack release soon, as was evident by the fact that the Dragon Orb sale didn't spike Gold prices.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Why would they care about Perfect World when they have Battle of the Immortals coming out soon =O

"Perfect World International" is owned by "Perfect World Entertainment".

Perfect World is their bread and butter. They will not **** the proverbial pooch.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I could care less about gold prices, but yes, after 2 years playing Perfect World in one form or another I now log on and just stand around going "now what?". I have no more incentive to give them any money and am trying out other games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think a fact that most people here forget is that PWI does not exclusively own and create content for this game. PWI is a version of Perfect World Bejing that they have expanded to people in North America. Because of this there are things that they have to implement because their parent company requires them to do. Like most people point out players primarly in America take gameing a bit more seriously than in china and dont like teh idea of buying levels. However PWI has to implement those in the game because the parent company requried them to do. Now dont get mistaken thinking that PWI has no control whatsoever over content thats released here. There are some things that they can change and some things they cannot.

Also please do not forget that this game does not require you to pay a dime. Every end game item is still obtainable w/out charging zen once. Also who said you had to do your BH? Who said you have to do FC? PWI still gives you a choice in terms of play style. While it may seem unfair that players can spend large amounts of cash and level quickly throughout the game and get end game items and armor, remeber that those same items can be acquired in the game free of charge.

So you can choose to grind mobs, complete quests, manufacture 3* armors and ornaments. Do Twilight Temple as much as you want till you get that orange or red mat drop. Run Lunar Glade as many times as you need to get all the mats you need. All this can be done cash free. Will it be easy? Of course not, the best items in the game should be diffuclt to obtain and get otherwise what would be special about them?
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I could care less about gold prices, but yes, after 2 years playing Perfect World in one form or another I now log on and just stand around going "now what?". I have no more incentive to give them any money and am trying out other games.

There's really not much left to do. Group PvP in OHT, 3rd map, vol 28/29, westgate... crashing rival's world bosses... run Nirvana.

Most of my day is spent loitering at my 'spot' in south arch waiting for something interesting to happen.

With the way BH has turned this game... I'm not very compelled to level my veno either, even if it is on the same account...
  • callias
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think a fact that most people here forget is that PWI does not exclusively own and create content for this game. PWI is a version of Perfect World Bejing that they have expanded to people in North America. Because of this there are things that they have to implement because their parent company requires them to do. Like most people point out players primarly in America take gameing a bit more seriously than in china and dont like teh idea of buying levels. However PWI has to implement those in the game because the parent company requried them to do. Now dont get mistaken thinking that PWI has no control whatsoever over content thats released here. There are some things that they can change and some things they cannot.

Also please do not forget that this game does not require you to pay a dime. Every end game item is still obtainable w/out charging zen once. Also who said you had to do your BH? Who said you have to do FC? PWI still gives you a choice in terms of play style. While it may seem unfair that players can spend large amounts of cash and level quickly throughout the game and get end game items and armor, remeber that those same items can be acquired in the game free of charge.

So you can choose to grind mobs, complete quests, manufacture 3* armors and ornaments. Do Twilight Temple as much as you want till you get that orange or red mat drop. Run Lunar Glade as many times as you need to get all the mats you need. All this can be done cash free. Will it be easy? Of course not, the best items in the game should be diffuclt to obtain and get otherwise what would be special about them?

OMG seriously i hate people who always mentions, "you dont have to do this and that" well you have to DO BH AND FC even if u dont have to do it, in a way you have to do IT! you have to keep up with the levels in the guild your in so there is requirements! but then you might say, well you dont have to be in a guild.
    well its a freakin MMO game were supposed to be in guilds and play with people, so stop mentioning the **** with you dont have to do BH or CS or dont have to buy charms or what the **** u want to mention, you need a charm for tw if ur not charmed ur useless.
    A cleric needs alot of coins to afford MP to do TT runs. what ever u do, there is always something u need.

Sure dont do BH or FC , have fun grinding ur way from level 80-100 doing the samething over and over again killing almost the same mobs til u get 1-40mil exp.

AND YES EVERYONE NEEDS THE STUFF FROM THE BOUTIQUE , some idiot will probably say well you dont need thoose items like safe stone or sockets or dragon orbs, well you do need it anyways , stop ****ing saying that u need this and that, this game is designad to need everything from the ****ing boutqiue.
  • callias
    edited March 2010
    Options
    OH AND I FORGOT, if everyone thinks straight and says oh yeah, i dont need to spend any real money to obtain stuff in the game, and nobody in the game spends real money, well guess what THERE WILL BE NO GOLD.

so either way you need to spend real money, i really hope this game gets so screwed and i hope that the ones that created this game gets so screwed that none of their other games will go well after realising that this one is a fail game and dont want to try their new games because if pwi is a fail game so is their other freaking games
  • Hitokeri - Heavens Tear
    Hitokeri - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hyper experience should not be usable in FF.
  • SoulFlare - Sanctuary
    SoulFlare - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    all I see is "QQ people are leveling faster than me it's not fair that I can't afford hyper stones for FCC runs" if you don't like it don't play the game, there are plenty of others who are happy for hyper exp to male one FCC into 12 fccs
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    all I see is "QQ people are leveling faster than me it's not fair that I can't afford hyper stones for FCC runs" if you don't like it don't play the game, there are plenty of others who are happy for hyper exp to male one FCC into 12 fccs

I'd Q_Q more about having the Hyper Stones but not the experience nor squad for FCCs. Now that would be annoying. See what I did there?

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Most of my day is spent loitering at my 'spot' in south arch waiting for something interesting to happen.

Sounds about right stand around in South Arch, do officer stuff, hang out with the hubby, wait around till the weekends so I can have some fun in TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Remember, PWI is one of the biggest corporate business entity. Whatever they do is business-oriented to satisfy their shareholders. Their prioritized customers are Zhen chargers with real cash. Most event whiners are non-cashers and non-merchants to whom they pay very little attention. In the short-term, that tactic works pretty well. In the long-term, it may turn badly or not, no one knows, so that's a pretty good move for PWI to do whatever's best for now. U guys can QQ all u want it won't change much.
  • Erond - Heavens Tear
    Erond - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Look, the ones that manage the company arent stupid, the company is doing those moves because of something, maybe they dont see a future to this game even if they were carefull not letting there to be so much inflation in the game, maybe they arent planning this game to run further than 2-3 years from now, maybe they are getting as much money as they can now because they know or they dont want this game to run soo many years. A lot of games are coming out with better graphics, ideas and even playstyle and the company knows it and knows that PW wont be able to compete with those games, so they are making us much profit as they can now.
    But its a maybe, cos im not sure, but what im sure of is that they arent stupid and they are doing these on purpose obviously...
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    wall of text

Let me break it down to you man. Did pwi make you join that guild that requierd you to level that way? You can play the game however you want to. You can do FC and BH if u want to but once again no one forces you to do those things. IF your a hardcore player than yeah you will use stuff out of the CS, and pay the price's for them. You have the power and the choice.
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    <3 pwi. If any of you QQers were serious,you would be playing a different game. This game is not "on its way out" or "in decline." What are you even talking about?

They redid frost, added nirvana, and are in process of revamping lunar. The 100+ BH system is, simply put, AWESOME. You don't need cash to level quickly, or even play the game effectively.

Anyone who wants to see what i mean, log on Dreamweaver and pm me. I've spent about $120 since I started playing this server when it launched last March (Feb?), which is $10ish a month. Come look at my gear, and stfu b:bye
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Look, the ones that manage the company arent stupid, the company is doing those moves because of something, maybe they dont see a future to this game even if they were carefull not letting there to be so much inflation in the game, maybe they arent planning this game to run further than 2-3 years from now, maybe they are getting as much money as they can now because they know or they dont want this game to run soo many years. A lot of games are coming out with better graphics, ideas and even playstyle and the company knows it and knows that PW wont be able to compete with those games, so they are making us much profit as they can now.
    But its a maybe, cos im not sure, but what im sure of is that they arent stupid and they are doing these on purpose obviously...
    Free to play users are very important as well, everyone needs coins for different important stuff (even buying skills), and people who cash shop a lot and don't have much time to play have no chance to get coins unless they sell their gold... to guess who? the f2p people who farm a lot for it, to buy gold instead.

If they will keep making the gold prices ridiculous, I don't know if most farmers would just wake up and see how **** it is to farm so much for one piece of gold. And they would either start cash shopping heavily too (unlikely, think only a few would do) or just quit the game. In either case, there would be a massive shortage of coins on servers.

That's when they'll probably add coins in boutique b:avoid which would kinda kill the game in my opinion if it ever happens lol
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hyper experience should not be usable in FF.

Almost EVERYONE who's reached 100 or is 85+ and plans on hitting 100 as soon as they possible...or is a cash shopper, casual or otherwise, has at least tried Hyper. Some players practically live off hyper frost runs. Especially sins and players in large factions.

I'm willing to bet in the long run the profit income from hyper will actually exceed that of the anni-pack. They must be selling thousands a day easily on each server. Don't forget, unlike anni-packs you have to pop 5 of these in one go.

Everyone knows 12x exp is ridiculous. It's like adding a purchasable cheat code. As a marketing strategy it's genius, but unfortunately the most greedy, underhanded and obvious one imaginable.

The only thing that surprises me is PWI don't even try to hide their greed. There's no covering it up or being subtle. The entire game isn't a game. It's a complex business marketing strategy designed to develop a severe addiction to gaming with the customer, then take advantage of that addiction by offering every addicted players desire (high level uber character) in an instant... for a high price. And since it's perfectly legal and players already know it deep down, pwi doesn't even bother wasting the slightest expense to cover it up. They're easily THE most profit focused mmo company I have ever seen in my life.
This discussion has been closed.