late(ish) game rings

Options
KuroUma - Sanctuary
KuroUma - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Blademaster
Currently I have one misty forest ring, and one ring of the drum god (the TT80) rings. I was curious on people's opinions on what ring i should go for next, maybe another misty forest, maybe a ring of mastadon strength.

I'm a 3/2 str/dex build, so I'm wondering if the extra accuracy from a second misty is more worthwhile than the extra crit and damage from the mastadon, or maybe there's another ring.

of course i know that the mastadon will cost more, I'm just wondering what i should save my money for.

Any opinions?
"When someone is giving you his opinion, you should recieve it with deep gratitude, even if it is worthless. If you don't, he will not tell you the things he has seen or heard about you again. It is best to both give and recieve opinions in a friendly way." -Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure

"I'm not dieing yet. There are quite a few men I need to kill first." - Kuwabatake Sanjuuro, Yojimbo
Post edited by KuroUma - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If money was no objection, I'd go for:

one seal of eternal solitude (city of abominations ring). This is a magic ring but gives 100 patk as well, and it also gives a nice vit+7, dex+7 and crit+3%. Refine it a bit and it'll give your mdef a boost ;)

one lunar glade ring. 50% accuracy, 3% crit, 200 mdef sounds pretty good for a BM.

But being realistic, I'd opt for either 2 mastadons, 1 misty/1 mastadon or 1 mastadon/1 heavenly lord.

Though accuracy is important, being a 3/2 build means you have a decent base accuracy, and you don't need 2 misties to buff it up. You have more leeway to add crit in, which is what I'm going to opt for.

Just my opinion :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    BMs arent archers, we depend on sheer power and speed, dont invest in crit please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    BMs arent archers, we depend on sheer power and speed, dont invest in crit please.

I don't understand this argument. 3% crit is 3% crit on BM or archer or even Barbs. It's not like Archers have buffs that amp their crit rate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Decus - Heavens Tear
    Decus - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You should use 2x mastadons if you can afford it, crit is always a good thing so the more you get the better. If you can only afford one than use one misty and one mastadon. You should have decent dex by this lvl so the 20% you miss from another misty shouldnt matter too much.

Bms arent archers and so what? dont need crit? any half decent bm with high dex/crit would eat u up. Spike dmg anyone?
  • MinervaWolf - Dreamweaver
    MinervaWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    TY Decus, i happen to be a High Dex/High Crt BM... and she knows how to lay down the lawb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Here, with the Strana Mechty wolf, we see what may be the epitome of a warrior, cunning matched with instinct and stealth, joined with a final, terrifying attack. For this mighty creature, I name you. You are Clan Wolf." -Nicholas Kerensky
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Bms arent archers and so what? dont need crit? any half decent bm with high dex/crit would eat u up. Spike dmg anyone?

I didnt say crit wasnt nice to have, im just saying UNLIKE archers who have majority dex and NEED crits for pvp, BMs can power through just about anything with enough raw strength. How do I know this? Currently I am using lvl 80 Buddha fists, my dex is 182 and my crit is 10%, during BHs and such no archer can out dd me. hell even a 95 barb had truoble just keeping aggro. Constant dps for a bm is better then spike damage, "oh what about pvp?!?!?!" you might say, well considering that players spend most of their time trying to level and not KILLING people I'd say constant dps is better than spike damage. Plus the only way to beat a well equipped, charmed barb is via constant damage output, preferably with tripple sparked fists and stun immunity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I didnt say crit wasnt nice to have, im just saying UNLIKE archers who have majority dex and NEED crits for pvp, BMs can power through just about anything with enough raw strength. How do I know this? Currently I am using lvl 80 Buddha fists, my dex is 182 and my crit is 10%, during BHs and such no archer can out dd me. hell even a 95 barb had truoble just keeping aggro. Constant dps for a bm is better then spike damage, "oh what about pvp?!?!?!" you might say, well considering that players spend most of their time trying to level and not KILLING people I'd say constant dps is better than spike damage. Plus the only way to beat a well equipped, charmed barb is via constant damage output, preferably with tripple sparked fists and stun immunity.

Crit is always better than no crit. I'd give up a little physical attack for 2-3% crit any day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I use a Mastodon and a Heavenly Lord. If I could get the Lunar Ring that would be great. But its too much...b:sad
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Crit is always better than no crit. I'd give up a little physical attack for 2-3% crit any day.

crit IS better then no crit, but I'd never sacrifice sure dps for a low maybe :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    crit IS better then no crit, but I'd never sacrifice sure dps for a low maybe :/

Each crit % adds 1% to your DPS, ijs.

You are implying that rings that give crit give you less base attack bonuses than the rings that don't, therefore we are sacrificing attack power in place of crit. What are the alternative rings that don't give you crit but enough base attack and bonuses to out weight the % of DPS gain from crit?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Starchief - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Each crit % adds 1% to your DPS, ijs.

You are implying that rings that give crit give you less base attack bonuses than the rings that don't, therefore we are sacrificing attack power in place of crit. What are the alternative rings that don't give you crit but enough base attack and bonuses to out weight the % of DPS gain from crit?

/facepalm

Dude I never implied anything of the sort, I want you to read back and quote the part where I "imply" that I think crit rings take away from attack power. I never said going crit is sacrificing anything, I just said you do more damage when you concentrate your bm biuld on str points. For example: a 300 str/ 50 dex bm will out dps a 50 str/ 300 dex bm, comprende muchachos?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    /facepalm

Dude I never implied anything of the sort, I want you to read back and quote the part where I "imply" that I think crit rings take away from attack power. I never said going crit is sacrificing anything, I just said you do more damage when you concentrate your bm biuld on str points. For example: a 300 str/ 50 dex bm will out dps a 50 str/ 300 dex bm, comprende muchachos?

What relevance is your reply then? OP clearly stated he was a 3:2 build. His question was "what rings should he get". I answered "some rings with crit". You said "you shouldn't stack crit", implying that he should not get rings with crit. Nobody EVER talked about builds here, so I don't know what you're pulling that from.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    /facepalm

This thread's about rings am I correct? So when you said

you are talking about not getting crit rings, as if crit rings don't contribute to "sheer power and speed", meaning there are other rings that help our attack power more. Your argument would make sense if we told him to go with a magic ring that have 3% crit but 0 attack bonus. Only then, we are deciding between attack power or crit. But the fact is that crit rings also have nice base attack boost, so until you find a ring that doesn't give crit but much more attack power or STR, what you said makes no sense. If both rings give attack bonus of 300 but one also gives 2% crit, why not go with crit?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]