Unable to connect to server

forneamax
forneamax Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Support Desk
Hi guys.
I just downloaded the client, auto-updated to 291. The problem is when I go in the game on the notice board are displayed some Chinese characters for a few seconds and then it is replaced by an English message (don't know if this should happen or not) and the real problem is when I try to log in after 20 secs it says Unable to connect to server on all servers.
I saw there are more topics with this problem but they were posted when the maintenance was going on .
Any ideas what's the problem?
Post edited by forneamax on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Please review the antivirus info below \/

If that doesn't help, and you have Vista or 7, please see our FAQ for Vista/7 info.

Either one of those options could be blocking you.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • forneamax
    edited March 2010
    I added required files to exceptions on my antivirus&firewall and tried also to disable it.
    Checked Faq for Vista and I had UAC disabled before.
    Still the same ...
    Any other ideas?
  • _Sylix_ - Dreamweaver
    _Sylix_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I have the same exact problem, nothings working for me either... must be the game? I'm not pointing fingers or anything but I'm sure its not my computer cause similar games run just fine (other mmos). I dont know...... but I have also been having problems when loading these forum pages, it's not my internet cause while its taking forever to 'load' I test my connection by opening another page and it pops up instantly... refresh doesnt help but stop sort of does. Also I sent in a ticket like 4-5 days ago still no response, though. Hopefully this will be sorted out soon.
  • forneamax
    edited March 2010
    I tried also to reinstall the game and to verify files and still the same.
    I know that my ISP has blocked many ports but I see that the game auto-updates and I can see what's on the notice Board ingame so I think that the ports required for the game are open. To be sure that those ports are not blocked I ran the game through a proxy and it does the same thing.(tried the proxy with other programs and works fine)
    I found this Can you download nmap and use the command "nmap -p29000 -PN pwigc3.perfectworld.com" within its zenmap GUI. on the forum and I've done that, the result is :
    Starting Nmap 5.21 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2010-03-04 16:15 GMT Standard Time
    Nmap scan report for pwigc3.perfectworld.com (64.74.134.55)
    Host is up.
    Hostname pwigc3.perfectworld.com resolves to 8 IPs. Only scanned 64.74.134.55
    rDNS record for 64.74.134.55: www.perfectworld.com
    PORT STATE SERVICE
    29000/tcp filtered unknown

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 2.26 seconds

If i try to ping pwigc3.perfectworld.com i get Timed Out.
    Other games work through proxy and custom port so I don't get why this won't work.
    Any one have another ideas?
  • ninik
    ninik Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hi... I have the same problem right now. Is there an emregency server maint? I can go to the page where I have to log in no problem. But when I try to log in, no conection. What's going on? I wanna play!b:sad

(Btw, yes it is normal that you see some chinese characters and then an english messige. Usualy the chinese chars are suposed to say ''loading, please wait'' or some thing like that. But it doesn't really mater. xD)

Kinna
  • forneamax
    edited March 2010
    Try to ping pwigc3.perfectworld.com
    If you don't know how go to start->run and type cmd then ping pwigc3.perfectworld.com
  • ninik
    edited March 2010
    I'm trying to log in again, but the servers are still down! I know it's not my computer or the net, cuz I can go on other sites and surf the net. (As you can see, I can post replies...) So.... GM help?

Kinna X,.,x
  • ninik
    edited March 2010
    I'm trying to log in again, but the servers are still down! I know it's not my computer or the net, cuz I can go on other sites and surf the net. (As you can see, I can post replies...) So.... GM help?

Kinna X,.,x
  • ninik
    edited March 2010

Kinna X,.,x
  • forneamax
    edited March 2010
    Chill man...
    If you can surf the net that doesn't mean that you should be able to play the game , maybe you got the reqired ports blocked or even the game.
    Check the post nr 2 and 7.
  • ninik
    edited March 2010

Kinna X,.,x
  • ninik
    edited March 2010
    Hum... The net was a bit weird today. It posted what i said twice... But yea now it works. Guess it was net problems. =/ Weird that i could go on any other site but PWI. Oh well, now every thing is fine. xD
  • solonor16
    solonor16 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    forneamax wrote: »
    Hi guys.
    I just downloaded the client, auto-updated to 291. The problem is when I go in the game on the notice board are displayed some Chinese characters for a few seconds and then it is replaced by an English message (don't know if this should happen or not) and the real problem is when I try to log in after 20 secs it says Unable to connect to server on all servers.
    I saw there are more topics with this problem but they were posted when the maintenance was going on .
    Any ideas what's the problem?

same here, got exactly the same problem my connection is all fine. i just can't connect to ANY server at all.

can someone help us with this one, i am already itchy 'cause i haven't played this one for 2 years now (i played it on PW Philippines though)

:D thanks in advance..
  • forneamax
    edited March 2010
    Seems that no one gives a damn...
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Excuse me? The GM posted already second post.

Now if you want real answers posting a screen shot of your problem would be most helpful in determining what the problem is.

On the other hand the first thing you need to do is to verify you client. Then get a screen shot if that doesn't work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skig201
    skig201 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm having the same kind of problems. I can load the game and log in to my account, but can't get a character going. On the rare occasions I can get in, I cannot interact with anyone and the commands don't work (can't cast or fly). This appears to be a game issue and not an individual issue as others seem to be saying the same.
  • skig201
    edited March 2010
    skig201 wrote: »
    I'm having the same kind of problems. I can load the game and log in to my account, but can't get a character going. On the rare occasions I can get in, I cannot interact with anyone and the commands don't work (can't cast or fly). This appears to be a game issue and not an individual issue as others seem to be saying the same.

Ok, managed to get in and running, only to find that some of the NPC's in Archosaur have disappeared, along with a majority of the player run shops just north of the forges.
  • skig201
    edited March 2010
    Ok, managed to get in and running, only to find that some of the NPC's in Archosaur have disappeared, along with a majority of the player run shops just north of the forges.

NPC's have reappeared, but still cannot interact with them. Player shops are still missing, although the green dots are there on the minimap. Some players are there, but cannot see them, can click on them but do not see their name, just player id number. Safety lock does not appear to be turning off after the minute. Also having to force a logout to desktop as it won't logout to the character selection screen.
  • Thoruum - Harshlands
    Thoruum - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'll repeat few ppl posts...
    No problems in the past, now cant login to my acc...

However, glad to see that I'm not the one that has this problem.
    Check the post nr 2 and 7.

#7: Displays: Timed out.
    #2: No problems with antivirus. And no, I dont have Win Vista/7.
  • the1thjoker
    the1thjoker Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i have the same problem as forneamax. with an ordinary vista home premium. damn sinse the 2 last updates this game hase screwed up preaty good!... staff. FIX THIS NOW! i pay monny every month to you. (150$ last month) i want to enyoj the game properly.. that is.. i cant logg on. just when i try it cant conekt to server
  • forneamax
    edited March 2010
    Excuse me? The GM posted already second post.

Now if you want real answers posting a screen shot of your problem would be most helpful in determining what the problem is.

On the other hand the first thing you need to do is to verify you client. Then get a screen shot if that doesn't work.

There is only one Post from GM in this topic.
    The first thing what I did was to verify the client, just forgot to mention because it wasn't corrupt.
    A screen shot of what? If you would have read the first post
    forneamax wrote:
    I try to log in after 20 secs it says Unable to connect to server on all servers.
    so what screen shot is needed to understand this... after 20 secs a windows pops up and says Unable to connect to server.
This discussion has been closed.