archer or sin ???

kommas95
kommas95 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
heya guys
i am about to start that game and i want a good solo fast killer class !! i think of archer or sin but i dnt know at all which one of them could be better so i am asking if u cn tell me the advantages of each and the disadvantages .... b:laugh ty vm :)
Post edited by kommas95 on

Comments

• _Garra_ - Harshlands
    _Garra_ - Harshlands Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Sins have high critical but low defense ... really good class
  • Mentaz - Sanctuary
    Mentaz - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Sins have high critical but low defense
    lol ... that describes both archer and sin ...

At low levels, I'd say Archer is easier to solo. Both classes really rely on crits to kill quickly, but it takes awhile before your crit rate gets to a decent level. However, Archer at least attacks at range, which gives them an advantage.

Later on, Sins get a lot of special status attacks, which probably evens them out - I certainly found Archer much easier up to level 40, but can't speak for beyond that.
  • _Garra_ - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    sins have a couple skills that bring u right up at ur attacker so distance only lasts for so long. And we have stun lock that screws everyone over
  • _Garra_ - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    lol ... that describes both archer and sin ...

At low levels, I'd say Archer is easier to solo. Both classes really rely on crits to kill quickly, but it takes awhile before your crit rate gets to a decent level. However, Archer at least attacks at range, which gives them an advantage.

Later on, Sins get a lot of special status attacks, which probably evens them out - I certainly found Archer much easier up to level 40, but can't speak for beyond that.

btw i dont believe Archers are pure dex are they? from what i understand Sins are supposed to be pure dex and add str for armour :S
  • Mentaz - Sanctuary
    Mentaz - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    btw i dont believe Archers are pure dex are they? from what i understand Sins are supposed to be pure dex and add str for armour :S
    Archer's certainly can be Pure Dex, and I'd think most are - they just require 1 STR/level for Armour, same as Sins
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Make a male archer, cause they're sexy. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Lemuria - Harshlands
    Lemuria - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Assassins do have one major advantage which hasn't been pointed out. Stealth.

Using their invisibility they can pass enemies unnoticed and strike at targets which archers otherwise could not. They can also shed aggro using their combat version, going invisible and making attackers reset to their original positions.

In PvP, stealth is a deadly assassin tool. Allowing you to avoid targets who you can't defeat as well as quickly decimate targets you can, it can often sway fights in your favor. Just avoid targets that are very heavily armored, as even the best assassins may have difficulty there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Garra_ - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Assassins do have one major advantage which hasn't been pointed out. Stealth.

Using their invisibility they can pass enemies unnoticed and strike at targets which archers otherwise could not. They can also shed aggro using their combat version, going invisible and making attackers reset to their original positions.

In PvP, stealth is a deadly assassin tool. Allowing you to avoid targets who you can't defeat as well as quickly decimate targets you can, it can often sway fights in your favor. Just avoid targets that are very heavily armored, as even the best assassins may have difficulty there.

Agreed stealth is a great help getting away from pvpers lol and is great for hitting back
  • Phel - Lost City
    Phel - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    while i definitely prefer archers over sins, i would recommend sins if you want to look long term. i havent really played as an sin, but it seems like they're a better class in terms of pvp. if i were you i'd try both out and see what appeals to your playing style.
  • Laurrella - Dreamweaver
    Laurrella - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It really comes down to your preferred playing style. If you prefer to pick off targets from range then archer is the way to go. If you prefer melee then sin is your choice. Because in the end they both are great DD, both are good soloing, both are good in parties, both can be good in pvp. You could play both up to like level 20 easy enough and see which one fits you better.
    Laurrixa - 64 Sin
  • kommas95
    kommas95 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ty very much i think i decided archers .... ty all for ur help and usefull answers :) b:victory
  • Alliptica - Lost City
    Alliptica - Lost City Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ive played both an archer and sin, and i love them both! sin deifintely has more survivabilty, but it takes longer to kill things.