Mob wars in TW

Options
Vorhs - Lost City
Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Suggestion Box
It would be cool to have some of the territories not involved in TW during a weekend to be attacked by mobs, something like a mobs attack while players owning the territory defending, just like a very hard rebirth order. difficulty based on territory tier.

good points of this:

- more difficult to keep a territory -> less world-ruling factions

- more TWs each weekend -> TW calendar nearly full each weekend -> more TW times for players in different zones

- it could happen the mobs to win the war -> neutral territory back for everybody!

bad points:

- more expensive to keep a territory... i mean, maybe charm use is more expensive than the 10mil u get from the territory, this could be a problem, but easily solvable.. (perhaps with a small prize for winning a war against mobs (maybe half territory prize))

i hope this idea would be appreciated! b:thanks
If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Vorhs - Lost City on

Comments

• Geddon - Raging Tide
    Geddon - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Meh like the idea...
    but i assume it takes alot of mobs to wipe out a 60 player team working together so, there would be a lot of massive lag due to many mobs....

Also another idea - if you own nearby territory then you should be able to get npc reinforcements like bloody battle tb quest:Db:victory
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    MMMMMM, fun!
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:pleased im happy u liked it... and i hope Gms & developers liked it too... b:surrender

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I agree with this idea so voted yes
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i could think of more ideas on what this should be... but please it could really be a big change for TWs, i think we must point more on this!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    People have been saying this ever since large guilds dominated the entire map. That was over a year ago.

It's not going to happen.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Irrianna - Harshlands
    Irrianna - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i like it to! because the chances for new factions take a land will be higher!
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    No extra rewards for winning vs the monsters. It's just like a normal TW that you have to defend against. If you can't handle it, don't have so much land.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Irrianna - Harshlands
    Irrianna - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    No extra rewards for winning vs the monsters. It's just like a normal TW that you have to defend against. If you can't handle it, don't have so much land.

extra rewards? no! as for the charms with little attention and using apothecarys items they wont tick!
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    the extra rewards were intended cause maybe some ppl could think: "better if i lose the territory than paying 8mil in charms when i gain just 10mils from the territory..."

you understand that the total gain for an entire guild is a bit poor... thats why i said "extra rewards".. but that was just an idea

developers should take this idea seriously cause it will greatly improve the TW system and everyone would like it b:thanks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wrathmonger
    wrathmonger Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The factions that have the whole map aren't losing anything out of it. Look at Nefarious on sanctuary. They own all but three territories. And they get an extra hundred mil that they don't earn simply because there's not enough battle slots to attack half of them. They won't have any worry about money.

Good idea. It's been brought up quite a bit, maybe some time the devs will actually pay attention to this thread.
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yea, i was sure i wasnt the first to have an idea like this.. but i'd like to repeat it... maybe devs would take it more seriously: btw TW system have to be improved... really...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The 'extra rewards' should be being able to keep your land.

I fullly support the idea that a faction could lose a land back to NPC.

I would agree that a random NPC attack similar to a GV style flood would be interesting.

PvE TW is too easy for the older servers. With the RT expansion, my faction did a lv3 and lv2 PvE TW and it was pretty easy, with the exception of one boss in the lvl2 war.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    [QUOTE=Vorhs - Lost City;7069092]- more difficult to keep a territory -> less world-ruling factions
    [/QUOTE]

I stopped reading there... and immediately voted yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    1. the wraiths need to be REALLY REALLY strong since mobs lack a decent ki...
    2. coming in waves every few minutes so if you don't kill them fast enough they will overrun you...
    3. the wraiths need an extremly strong defence inside base to prevent full guild rushes on the crystal...

needs lot of balancing b:surrender
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    another thing is that they could make it so all territories got attacked by mobs at same time. So if a faction is only defending 1 piece of land it's rather easy. but if they have to spread there forces over 10, 20, 30 or more pieces of land it'd become very very difficult, since very few factions are able to get over 100 members online at the same time.
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yea thats a point too! the more territories u have the more difficult it is to keep them... this system gives more importance to guild's squad work: many ppl must be online at the same time, number is more important than power of the single

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]