New fad to camp a Marriage Quest NPC

Wolvesfury - Lost City
Wolvesfury - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
Seems their standards lower with each defeat they suffer.
Gave us practically the income of a whole other territory in one TW.
And now....

Reduced to Camping NPC's....
Tragic..
Truly pitiful...
But hey they get to Kill us and feel righteous in the denial of a NPC..
They even to get to use the witticism's they've been saving up to say...
Like "where's your faction huh?" or "What no back up from your inactive Faction"..
Staggeringly brilliant quotes..

Feel proud of your staying on one spot and rallying around a great cause..
just don't confuse the denial of a NPC to actually winning anything tho..
it might give you satisfaction on per kill basis..
But no where near the satisfaction i feel of watching you sink that low..
Enjoy..

You've earned it.

11 (n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.

Time for PWI to settle this down a bit.
2 hours is unacceptable..
Post edited by Wolvesfury - Lost City on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ...but Marriage Quest isn't a MANDATORY quest for you to continue playing (i.e. FB29 Cultivation & Camping at SP) ...thus the line gets a little blurry.

b:faint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ...but Marriage Quest isn't a MANDATORY quest for you to continue playing (i.e. FB29 Cultivation & Camping at SP) ...thus the line gets a little blurry.

b:faint

You might want to read the thread in General Discussion where frankieraye says in no uncertain terms that it's bannable.

One key point where marriage quest differs from nearly any other quest in the game is that you can't just go away, do something else, and come back later. Once you've started, if you drop squad, you've failed.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    QQ

Your fault you rolled on a PvP server.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BigPopcorn - Lost City
    BigPopcorn - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    it may not be a "mandatory" quest, but if I payed good money to get married, I want all the benefits from it. If I am not able to get all of the benefits that I was promised from my money that I worked for, then thats when we get a problem, especialy when I signed a contract preventing this sort of action

11 (n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.
    edited March 2010
    drjiggle wrote: »
    You might want to read the thread in General Discussion where frankieraye says in no uncertain terms that it's bannable.

One key point where marriage quest differs from nearly any other quest in the game is that you can't just go away, do something else, and come back later. Once you've started, if you drop squad, you've failed.

b:shocked

Wow...well, I'll take your word for it. Just to be extra safe, though, can I request you post a link to the GM post here? That way there won't be any future arguing.

I'm not married in-game (yet b:sin), so I can't really relate much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • BigPopcorn - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    yes, I rolled a pvp server for the fun of PvP. but I did not roll a pvp server to stop my enjoyment of the game
    edited March 2010
    it may not be a "mandatory" quest, but if I payed good money to get married, I want all the benefits from it. If I am not able to get all of the benefits that I was promised from my money that I worked for, then thats when we get a problem, especialy when I signed a contract preventing this sort of action

Feh...you kids these days...back in my day, all marriage got you was some Fashion and a title over yer head...

*waves cane around*

...get off my lawn...!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    yes, I rolled a pvp server for the fun of PvP. but I did not roll a pvp server to stop my enjoyment of the game
    *Headdesk*

Where there are winners, there are also losers. And if they can't take a loss, that's their fault. If you can't kill the guy who is waiting for people at a certain NPC, that's not their fault. It can't possibly kill you to not do MQ once and a while.

Or *Gasp* rally together a bunch of MQ people and wipe em. Never thought of that.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shawnikins
    shawnikins Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    is so gonna laugh when they get banned. b:chuckle
  • BigPopcorn - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    lol I got married before the quest. Also, I'm lvl 100 so what do I really care about exp? I want to get my quests done without having to wait 3 hours for someone with a complex to finaly get up the nerves to go next door and talk to a girl.
  • BigPopcorn - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    yeah, I'm going to suddenly work up 50 people to go take on the number of people out there killing me at the moment
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    lol I got married before the quest. Also, I'm lvl 100 so what do I really care about exp? I want to get my quests done without having to wait 3 hours for someone with a complex to finaly get up the nerves to go next door and talk to a girl.
    Then why are you complaining if it doesn't apply to you? b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BigPopcorn - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    I'm complaining because when I get a quest, I get it done. I'm not going to simply give up because an entire guild has an inferiority complex because they can't win a tw.
  • Munsu - Lost City
    Munsu - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    QQ Moar

your tears make my pants tight IJS.

b:chuckle
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Wow...well, I'll take your word for it. Just to be extra safe, though, can I request you post a link to the GM post here? That way there won't be any future arguing.

I'm not married in-game (yet b:sin), so I can't really relate much.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=646152

and in particular

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=7132962&postcount=11
  • OhSusanna - Lost City
    OhSusanna - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010

excellent point. maybe PWI will have to refund your money if they do not obey their own terms of service. $60 to get married only to get camped every day is rather spendy. they should have made all mq spots in safe zones to prevent to many unhappy customers.

*fyi not everyone can sit in game all day long waiting for campers to move on. some of us have work, school, parties and so on.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    I'm complaining because when I get a quest, I get it done. I'm not going to simply give up because an entire guild has an inferiority complex because they can't win a tw.
    If you don't care about the exp, then why is this a problem?

QQ to someone that cares.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BigPopcorn - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    since when am I QQing? I'm saying I shouldn't wait 5 hours for an idiot with a +12 bow and 19 of his friends to stop trying to show off their e-peens and get a life.
  • Munsu - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    It went from 2 hours to 5 hours. Do I read exaggeration?

• BigPopcorn - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    from talking with other people in my same predicament, I realized I had come about 2 and a half hours after the start.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    excellent point. maybe PWI will have to refund your money if they do not obey their own terms of service. $60 to get married only to get camped every day is rather spendy. they should have made all mq spots in safe zones to prevent to many unhappy customers.
    Okay. So PKing while someone is trying to farm should be against the rules since it's ruining someone's enjoyment of the game.

PKing a group of people while they try to AoE grind should also be against the rules since it's ruining someone's enjoyment of the game.

PKing someone as they try to do their WQ should be against the rules since it's ruining someone's enjoyment of the game.

Hell. Let's just ban PK completely.

b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BigPopcorn - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Okay. So PKing while someone is trying to farm should be against the rules since it's ruining someone's enjoyment of the game.

PKing a group of people while they try to AoE grind should also be against the rules since it's ruining someone's enjoyment of the game.

PKing someone as they try to do their WQ should be against the rules since it's ruining someone's enjoyment of the game.

Hell. Let's just ban PK completely.

If it continues for 5 hours, it becomes grieving, which is against PWI ToS.

So yeah, if that happens for 5 hours, yeah it should be banned.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    If it continues for 5 hours, it becomes grieving, which is against PWI ToS.
    So now it's 5 hours?

Exaggeration much? QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BigPopcorn - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    learn to read, already answered that question.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    since when am I QQing? I'm saying I shouldn't wait 5 hours for an idiot with a +12 bow and 19 of his friends to stop trying to show off their e-peens and get a life.
    Wups. b:shutup Someone is misquoting themselves.

Back-pedaling much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BigPopcorn - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Fine then, I'm not the only one who had to wait. Talk to one of them if you want the full 5 hours.
  • Munsu - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    I wish the server was back to the real RQ days with pandora, maguro, captainblood, sinnerz. You guys don't realize how easy you have it with "camping" now. When you actually had to party grind for exp and could be crashed at any time. If you played back than I doubt you'd get past lvl 85 IJS.

Godamn carebears QQ. b:cry
  • BigPopcorn - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    When i started playing this game BloodLust rulled the map. Don't QQ to me about RQ
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    I'm not the only one who had to wait. Talk to one of them if you want the full 5 hours.
    Oh, so now it WASN'T you that had to wait?
    yeah, I'm going to suddenly work up 50 people to go take on the number of people out there killing me at the moment
    Wups b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BigPopcorn - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    now you're just acting like a 12 year old. I stated earlier that I had to wait for 2 and a half hours. If you want to pick apart my story, then go ahead, I'm a little pissed off atm so excuse me for not making composing myself and writing a novel for you to hear about every last second of my time. If you want to pick apart my posts word for word, go ahead. I really couldn't care less at this point.