Wiz upgrade?

Options
Isjitar - Sanctuary
Isjitar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Wizard
Soo...

Everyone is always QQing about our crappy defences. If the wizard will get an upgrade, they want better shields, a damage absorbing buff, and so on. It makes me sick. Guys, we are wizards, not barbs >.< our power isn't defence, it's our damage! We don't need better defences! We are meant to be a squishy but high damage dealering class. Our goal isn't to survive alot of hits, it is to kill the opponent before we get hit a lot. Best defence is a good offence, remember? So people, please, IF you ask for a wizard upgrade, dont ask for more defence >.<

(from here on its all a replacement for the QQing ppl wanting better defence)

If there will be a wizard upgrade, I do not want them to make our defence better. No. I'd love it to see us do more damage. Our damage isn't bad right now, but archers do just as much damage and they have better defences too. Psychics have their damn atk lvl increasing buff, and short channeling times. Us wizards are becoming less and less wanted.
I agree with the opinion that us wizards are underpowered. Our defence is **** and our damage isn't that special compared to the archers and psy's damage. We are the hardest class ingame, we die fast, and in my opinion that shouldn't change, it makes us special. You need to be smart to play a wizard and that's good.
No, what I want to happen is that our attack gets higher. Attack is our strength!

So, the things I'd like to see are: higher attack per skill, and a skill to make us lose aggro. Last skill because it would be alot of fun to finally just go DD as much as we want without worrying about aggro, and because if we get higher damage we would get aggro faster too.

Also, another skill that does (50%?) physical damage and that doesn't require 2 sparks would be nice, but not necessary. Damage is damage and physical damage is not really our thing, true.
(Oh, and it would be great if they made our ugly shields a bit less ugly xD)

Now it's your turn to QQ about what I said, but please keep it nice :) I want to hear the opinions of other wizards.

x

EDIT: I edited this post a lil bit to make some things more clear (mostly the places where I said "IF" and "NOT WANTING MORE DEFENCE" and to make clear what exactly I meant with this post.
Post edited by Isjitar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    about the shields wut if instead of having those shields floating around you your wizzie body glowed the color of the shield would tht be any better
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I don't complain. Yesterday I fully buffed in RB I had 8950 p.def and 6560 hp. Not bad and I'm far away from end game gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    archers have better dps on single targets, but nothing can beat us in DPS in AoE's (dragon's breath anyone? There is a reason barb's and BM's have a hard time keeping aggro in RB lol)

And WHY would you want to rid aggro? Can't controle your aggro or so?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I do not think archers have better defenses than we do, nor can they usually equal our damage.

wrong,they have better hp & wizz have better defense
  • Isjitar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    And WHY would you want to rid aggro? Can't controle your aggro or so?

I can control aggro, but I've seen alot of wizards fail while trying -.- and if our damage gets higher, we get aggro faster too.
    archers have better dps on single targets, but nothing can beat us in DPS in AoE's (dragon's breath anyone? There is a reason barb's and BM's have a hard time keeping aggro in RB lol)

For the aoe's, thats definately true. But not everything is aoe. Our ulti's aren't spammable for most wizards. There is more in this game than RB and fcc >.>

I do know wizards are great when they are at endgame levels. But what about those lvls before that point? That's what I'm talking about.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I do know wizards are great when they are at endgame levels. But what about those lvls before that point? That's what I'm talking about.

do psyhic and after 90 restat to wizz b:laugh

(sry i cant ressistb:surrender)
  • Rainesierr - Lost City
    Rainesierr - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    another thing to remember is that the buff that supposedly makes psychics better than wizzies, which im guessing is black voodoo, also makes them take more damage, and remember, psychics dont get stone barrier ^^
    please sign here: _______________
  • Isjitar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    another thing to remember is that the buff that supposedly makes psychics better than wizzies, which im guessing is black voodoo, also makes them take more damage, and remember, psychics dont get stone barrier ^^

Wizards and psychics are both damagedealers. We aren't meant to be hit >.> The part of the black voodoo skill that makes them take more damage is a weakness, yes, but remember they won't get hit much at all when they use that buff. Also, when DDing on (single target) bosses it definately makes them do more damage. And DDing is the most important reason people still allow wizards to join their squad. I once got kicked because they could get a psy that was almost 10 lvls lower than me, even before they saw my gears and skills. (maybe the squad was just dumb. I hope they were...) That hurts like hell, and it is ridiculous. As I said before, our only real power is damage, and even with that we are beaten by other classes.
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Uh mages are op enough in the right hands, no need to be game breakingly op

+10 wep, level 11 skills, bash keyboard with appendages until you're a god.
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    im just a low lvl so i dont know if im wrong because i havent got all the skills yet but i noticed that there are not many AoE skills in the wizzards arsenal. When i read sandstorm i thought about an AoE but its just another single skill. Will of Phoenix is nice because you can hit more mobs but why the hell a wizzard should get more than 1 mob aggro if there is no AoE combo which allows me to kill these mobs. I mean Dragons Breath is nice but can hardly used for kiting so i would like to see more AoEs for the wizz
  • Xulin - Harshlands
    Xulin - Harshlands Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Wizards have the highest and most balanced resist endgame.

Earth barrier is OP
  • Miseri - Dreamweaver
    Miseri - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Wizards and psychics are both damagedealers. We aren't meant to be hit >.> The part of the black voodoo skill that makes them take more damage is a weakness, yes, but remember they won't get hit much at all when they use that buff. Also, when DDing on (single target) bosses it definately makes them do more damage. And DDing is the most important reason people still allow wizards to join their squad. I once got kicked because they could get a psy that was almost 10 lvls lower than me, even before they saw my gears and skills. (maybe the squad was just dumb. I hope they were...) That hurts like hell, and it is ridiculous. As I said before, our only real power is damage, and even with that we are beaten by other classes.

I can only say to that

TOOK YOUR JOB TOOK ALL OUR JOBS
    (southpark reference made)
  • Inabikari - Raging Tide
    Inabikari - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Umm, I would like to point out that we have Sage and Demon skills, whereas Psychics do not. Psychics do not have DB, nor do they have anything that comes close to Sage BIDS.
    RIP Resolve. You guys still owe me TW pay. XD

Varden- <3 you all!
  • Isjitar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Uh mages are op enough in the right hands, no need to be game breakingly op

+10 wep, level 11 skills, bash keyboard with appendages until you're a god.

This is absolutely true, lol, but I'm not a CSer and I do have a life outside this game too. I'm not that rich and I know I'm not the only one.

@Xulin: You are only talking about endgame. What about the other 98 lvls?

@HarmOwnie: Compared to most classes we have alot of aoe's already. I don't think we need even more.

@Inabikari: that will change. I mean, they wont leave the tideborns without lvl79/sage/demon skills forever right? xD
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I don't complain. Yesterday I fully buffed in RB I had 8950 p.def and 6560 hp. Not bad and I'm far away from end game gear.
    Not that hard to do with RB buffs b:shutup

Aside from that, wizards HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THEIR DEFENSES. Yeah, I said it. Wizards have THE BEST physical defense buff out of all the magic classes as it DOUBLES their physical def (Psychics voodoo thingy doesn't count 'cause it sucks -- 0 attack power ftl).

If there's anything more I could ask for from my wizard is some kind of spammable physical attack spell. Otherwise, I'm fine with the way it is.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear
    Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'm also content.
    The doctor will see you now.
  • Alimion - Sanctuary
    Alimion - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I must concur, there is a way to get better Defense...it's called LA. To paraphrase Captain Jack Sparrow " the 'PERFECT' in PWI is more what you'd call " a guideline" rather than actual rules. You can't always have your cake and eat it too..nothing is "perfect"

In a real(not perfect) world there are always trade offs, at lvl 90 i lose 1800-2000 points of PVE damage for a fully buffed 12k phys def and 11% crit , and since that is what i want, i make the necessary sacrifices.

The wiz IS tough, it actually requires a consistent thought process to play but the rewards are directly proportional. Any person who cannot handle the highs and lows of their class needs to re-roll a new alt.

Now if PWI was "perfect" these are upgrades I would ask for:

1) FoW and/or Whisper 1 second longer
    2) Undine maybe 1 second longer

That is all for spells, now a thought i have entertained and I am sure others have too.

A ultra rare/hard to come by LA set cheesily named "Armor of the wizard general" or similarly corny. Give it set of MAG ATT bonuses that when the whole set is together balances out the base mag attack difference OR MAg Def bonus (but not both) between LA and Arcane.

You know throughout the time there has always been ways to level the playing field, but it usually involves hard work. make something like this hard to get.

But like other people before me i must say on the whole that i am content.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I must concur, there is a way to get better Defense...it's called LA. To paraphrase Captain Jack Sparrow " the 'PERFECT' in PWI is more what you'd call " a guideline" rather than actual rules. You can't always have your cake and eat it too..nothing is "perfect"

Actually you're quoting captain barbosa here b:shutup
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Alimion - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ARRRR! lol
  • Xulin - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This is absolutely true, lol, but I'm not a CSer and I do have a life outside this game too. I'm not that rich and I know I'm not the only one.

@Xulin: You are only talking about endgame. What about the other 98 lvls?

@HarmOwnie: Compared to most classes we have alot of aoe's already. I don't think we need even more.

@Inabikari: that will change. I mean, they wont leave the tideborns without lvl79/sage/demon skills forever right? xD

Before anniv packs and with only +5 refines I had ~10k physical/magical defense buffed
  • Xulin - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Arcane of course, btw
  • Isjitar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Guys please read my first post better. I am NOT asking for better defences, I am actually saying we DON'T need them! I said I'm sick of people asking for better defences! >.< learn how to read people...

The reason I made this topic is because I got tired of people wanting a wiz upgrade that gives us better defences, so I gave another (imo better) option for an upgrade.

Longer FoW and sopo would indeed be nice, but not of much use while DDing on bosses. And we are mostly a DDclass right, not a control class. But even with DDing others are just as good and sometimes better. So thats the reason I chose for more damage as upgrade, instead of better defences or control spells.
  • Alimion - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    True, any upgrade WOULD really have to be more of what we are good at...DD. The justification to the "more defense QQ" crowd would be"the best defense is MORE offense"
  • AgedOne - Raging Tide
    AgedOne - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    dude, dont be a fool, i totally reject what the starter of this post says about wizards. I have no comment on their defense, but WHENEVER A MELEE attacks you they will interrupt your cast, and your SCREW3d! The absorb damage buff " skill is similiar to WC3: frozen throne's Mana shield, every hit will take away ur mana until u run out of mana, your shield is gone.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    but archers do just as much damage and they have better defences too.

I stopped reading here. It's clear you're from a PvE server because I (with average gear) have 11k Pdef and 11k Mdef full buffed, your average archer, however, will have ~8-9k pdef and ~5k mdef.
    Soo... yeah.

And just so you dont say I didn't read your post (which I didn't), we don't need more of anything. You just need to upgrade your skills and items.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Tbc, although Amour's above post is sh1tty in terms of the tome, the content is right:

1 - Wizzies don't need more defence, particularly pdef. We shouldn't get hit, and if you really want a strong pdef build you can either go LA or (my preferred option) refine your pdef ornaments and shard garnets. A fullbuffed arcane wizzy can easily reach 18k+ pdef (and if you're on sanc and don't believe this please PM me for a demonstration)

2 - I'd love to see more/higher DD ability for wizzies, but tbh this would likely unbalance the game. Our class is one of the hardest to level (that's why a lot of Wiz players bail out in the 50-85 range) but has potential to be extremely powerful endgame. I'd say we're pretty fairly balanced, although I'd like to see more "interesting" spells, not just more DD...
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I would like to see different animation of spells for sage and demon.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    not a bad idea...that would be nice

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I would like to see different animation of spells for sage and demon.b:pleased

i agree, more white lights to sage and more darker/red smokes for demon XD maybe char design can change a bit too XD
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Like that idea as well.....but I bet I'd wish I went demon if they did it, just for the eeeevil dragon:P