Auto AFK Message

xlunarsagex
xlunarsagex Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Suggestion Box
An optional auto AFK message would be nice. For example if you dont have any input from the mouse or keyboard for 5 mins then it shows up automatically when someone PMs you. And it would be nice if you could set the timer to whatever you see fit.
Post edited by xlunarsagex on

Comments

• Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I don't see it as necessary, and there are lots of other things to add and correct, but as a suggestion, I applaud it, it would be really nice, as long as we can set a different one from the one that we set for long afk periods.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xlunarsagex
    xlunarsagex Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I don't see it as necessary, and there are lots of other things to add and correct, but as a suggestion, I applaud it, it would be really nice, as long as we can set a different one from the one that we set for long afk periods.

I completely agree, there are PLENTY of other things that need fixed but nonetheless its just a suggestion.
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Really good suggestion. It would make the game a bit "userfriendlier" and bring some luxus. Not that bad needed, but hey I liked that away msg in a certain game before and missed it here.
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i think I'm confuzed... dont we have an auto-message?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    i think I'm confuzed... dont we have an auto-message?

Yes, we have one, but not an auto afk msg. You have to activate this away message manually.
  • Nevaglar - Sanctuary
    Nevaglar - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    what's wrong with the auto-reply we already have? it takes what...1 1/2 second to check, and ur good. + ppl wont have to wait ur suggested 5 min. before realizing ur afk.
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    what's wrong with the auto-reply we already have? it takes what...1 1/2 second to check, and ur good. + ppl wont have to wait ur suggested 5 min. before realizing ur afk.

This auto away msg would just be an addition, and in case you've to leave your computer really fast, I think there's no time to activate the normal away message, or?
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2010

1.5 seconds times about 3 times a day times 365 days in a year = 1.6425x10^3 seconds of wasted life. but then again... suggestion thread hasn't been updated for a year so doubt this will happen ever.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    1.5 seconds times about 3 times a day times 365 days in a year = 1.6425x10^3 seconds of wasted life. but then again... suggestion thread hasn't been updated for a year so doubt this will happen ever.

That would be 27 minutes and 22.5 seconds. In a year.

You know, a normal person sleeps about 6-8 hours a day. If that repeats through-out your life, that means that you sleep 25%-33% of your life. If you live to see 75, that's a good 18-25 years spent sleeping. How's that for wasted time?

Me? I only use the away message when I go afk in a catshop.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Mentaz - Sanctuary
    Mentaz - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The problem isn't the time it takes to do it - it's remembering to do it (and undo it). And the 5min was just an example - the OP was actually asking for ability to set that as well.

I agree it would be nice, and while not a big deal, it also shouldn't be hard to implement.