Best Genie Skills

Options
quoteratdemonstrandum
quoteratdemonstrandum Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I've always used Infliction with every point in STR with the skills Second Wind, Relentless Courage, and Tangling Mire.

Recently, I've had some friends suggesting I start a new genie and get this skill or that skill.

So, ignoring my level and my genie's level, what are the BEST PvE skills a genie can learn?

I'm focusing more on keeping myself alive than having my genie do damage (I'm a sin, squishiest thing I've ever seen...).

Thanks for the help in advance, and one more question...

Is there a genie guide anywhere that lists both the skills AND what they do? I'd like to know what stats I need to raise on my genie for the skills that you guys suggest. I'd hate to get my genie to like... Lv50 for a skill, only to learn that I needed to pump her Dex, not Str.
Post edited by quoteratdemonstrandum on

Comments

• Aaragontium - Sanctuary
    Aaragontium - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You probably know about the skill catalog available from the affinity page from the genie configuration dialog (Skill Inquiry button).

There is a website that looks like the in-game genie skill catalog:

http://www.ecatomb.net/genieskill.php

It also lists the attributes used to enhance the selected skills as they become available.

There are skills for debuff, self-buff, and team buff. Also there is a self heal skill.

To me one should categorize the desired skills by both affinity and attributes. Then compatible skills would go on the same genie.

Genie skills to not appear to be general purpose as your attack skills are. They could be selected for a specific play style, scenario, or even a specific boss or farming mob.

I recently built a genie specifically for underwater farming, but am noticing that the damage type does not line up well with my preferred mob.
  • GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary
    GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i find the genie skill u chose has a lot to do with ur char than any thing for example Tree of Protection and solid shield r by far the 2 best skills for barbs
    Tree of Protection will not be as useful to a low hp char compared to a high hp char cause its heal depends on ur max hpb:laugh

And also some skills r restricted to specific classes too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]