Is sword/axes good combination?

Options
AgIaia - Lost City
AgIaia - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Blademaster
I'm not going 2 ask 4 guides or anything just want to know if it's a good combination for PvE since there was a nice AoE that looked like Barrage of Arrows in sword tree.
Post edited by AgIaia - Lost City on

Comments

• HeavensWing - Sanctuary
    HeavensWing - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'm not going 2 ask 4 guides or anything just want to know if it's a good combination for PvE since there was a nice AoE that looked like Barrage of Arrows in sword tree.

If your going to Multipath with axe, Go Axe and FIST. Axe is for damage spikes and epic aoes, Fists for Great DPS and some pwnage skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Original Join date: Nov 24, 2008
    Originally Posted by Russiee - Raging Tide

As for Shadow Escape. "I am sin, I Shadow Escape on a boss, Boss attacks cleric and squad wipes. Lolol im pro fish".

^ So pro b:victory ^
  • GARCeleritas - Lost City
    GARCeleritas - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Why multipath before like level 90? Why use fists before level 90? I'm confused.
    Don't ever forget the moment you began to doubt;
    Transitioning from fitting in to standing out.
  • Grospoliner - Heavens Tear
    Grospoliner - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Why multipath before like level 90? Why use fists before level 90? I'm confused.

I've been 3str/2dex the whole game and been using fists in 1v1 PVE and for bosses since my first set of legendary fists at lvl 20 I think it was. What's the problem of multipathing the whole game? Some of us can't afford the resets it would take to restructure our stats and its not a bad look at all to use fists because they're quite effective
  • GARCeleritas - Lost City
    GARCeleritas - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. I'm not able to, I'm not experienced enough. But the guy was saying "if you're gonna multipath do axe and fist" like it was the best idea ever. I don't ever remember reading that fists were "insane dps" before you got the -int gear and demon spark way down the road.
    Don't ever forget the moment you began to doubt;
    Transitioning from fitting in to standing out.
  • Yorick - Raging Tide
    Yorick - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Fists still do insane dps even before 90. Plus on bosses you use fists, get 2 parks, then HF. Back to fists and then just after HF cooldown you should have enough chi to Dragon again.

All in all a great trick, and constant dmg from fists. (Ive tanked a few bosses like that)
  • GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary
    GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I have a lvl 50 Bm and he is fist and axe. and fists do have amazing dps even before lvl 90. i did actually call my sell a fist more than an axe bm b:laugh cause u kill faster with fists if u do it right. i moslty only use my axes for AoE grinding and once i make sparks with with my fists.
    fistin till i spark and the using spark move for axes and again fist works perfect with me lol

And also fist bm save alot on potts cause most of the time im full sparked again even before my sultra finishes its cooldown b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Its a good combo. Single swords do decent DPS, only bested by fists nothing else.
    Heavens Flame and axes for when you want things to die faster and Myriad Sword Stance and swords for lowering the damage you yourself take and being better able to tank.

Additionally, you have extra stats left to put into vitality for some extra hp if you don't use fists, or atleast fists of current level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Motoko - Raging Tide
    Motoko - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. I'm not able to, I'm not experienced enough. But the guy was saying "if you're gonna multipath do axe and fist" like it was the best idea ever. I don't ever remember reading that fists were "insane dps" before you got the -int gear and demon spark way down the road.

Fists are the best single target damage dealer all game because of the chi gain, which allows you to spark much more often than any other path. Skill spam with other paths doesn't keep up. They get a big boost at 60 with DQ wrists, then they just keep getting stronger and stronger at 85/90/95/99/100.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper. - T. S. Eliot