Just how strong is Armageddon?

losstarot
losstarot Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Barbarian
I wonder just how strong Armageddon can be in PvE situations (since PvP has been discussed to death). I was curious as to if a Barb can one-shot Qingzi, and decided that a high-level (although how high and what equips I'm not sure) can probably do it rather easily, but I wonder how far a Barbarian can go with OHKO bosses (both as a reasonable endgame Barb and one with thousands of dollars sunk into the game).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Eragon - Harshlands
    Eragon - Harshlands Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    it can hit OVER 9000 very easily
    Wonhalt
  • Brutu - Heavens Tear
    Brutu - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well if you get very, very, VERY lucky you can crit+zerk+spark+armageddon and hit a very large number which may allow you to oneshot qingzi, but it is by far impractical as you would have to waste a chi pot, get incredibly lucky, lose half your health etc.

So basically, the skill is quite impractical to use in pve by far.
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    In rb with right debuffs it's easy to hit high with arma. b:surrender Even a weakling ._. like me hits over 200k (*points to sig*) with a few debuffs & low auras.
  • GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary
    GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    KK since u said end game and assuming they spend a decent amount of money, an end game sage barb would have easily abt 22k-25k hp(if they spend enough money easily abt 30+k hp) and lets assume they got abt 1.7k mana.

therefore arma = ((25000/2)*4)+(1700/2)*4)+5000 = 58400 base damage (not accounting for zerk and crit)

Plus the fact the most barbs use weapons with zerk (double damage) and the chance of crit

so u do the mathb:pleased but mostly around 50 to 200k + depending on the debuffs on the mobs

and if u want to include the mobs phy. def (if the mob is high enough lvl or a boss) the take abt max 4- 5k of arma b:victory

I myself have done 53 k with lvl 6 arma and on qingzi (with just genie debuff) and i only had 8.7k hp with buffed buff at the time. (i might have been really lucky but i still did it :P)b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Its a sacrificial skill. It can do the hardest hitting damage, just search for damage logs from DestroyTokyo on lost city.

I personally WOULD NEVER use this skill until last hit in a situation. Not tempted to do that.

Too much to risk imo. Invoke the spirit is the strongest skill ingame imo. Making yourself absorb 90% damage for 20 secs while cooldown at 1 min is awesome, with combo of sunder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There a screenshot with 326000 damage on these forum somewhere. o.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Lunk_Warleg - Sanctuary
    Lunk_Warleg - Sanctuary Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Its a sacrificial skill. It can do the hardest hitting damage, just search for damage logs from DestroyTokyo on lost city.

I personally WOULD NEVER use this skill until last hit in a situation. Not tempted to do that.

Too much to risk imo. Invoke the spirit is the strongest skill ingame imo. Making yourself absorb 90% damage for 20 secs while cooldown at 1 min is awesome, with combo of sunder.

OFF TOPIC (sorry) : but how could you combo Invoke and Sunder since they both require 2 sparks?
    Only situation when they can be used in parallel is for lev 89+ barb that has full chi (3 sparks and chi bar full) and uses one of the skills, hits 1-2 times again and then can cast the second skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You could also use spark pots i believe to regain chi instantly
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    KK since u said end game and assuming they spend a decent amount of money, an end game sage barb would have easily abt 22k-25k hp(if they spend enough money easily abt 30+k hp) and lets assume they got abt 1.7k mana.

therefore arma = ((25000/2)*4)+(1700/2)*4)+5000 = 58400 base damage (not accounting for zerk and crit)

Plus the fact the most barbs use weapons with zerk (double damage) and the chance of crit

so u do the mathb:pleased but mostly around 50 to 200k + depending on the debuffs on the mobs

and if u want to include the mobs phy. def (if the mob is high enough lvl or a boss) the take abt max 4- 5k of arma b:victory

I myself have done 53 k with lvl 6 arma and on qingzi (with just genie debuff) and i only had 8.7k hp with buffed buff at the time. (i might have been really lucky but i still did it :P)b:laugh

Vit Demon barb will have same HP in human form, and hit for 10% more.
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Vit Demon barb will have same HP in human form, and hit for 10% more.
    Yea... I don't get why ppl keep mentioning SAGE barb when talking about arma dmg ._. we get more hp IN TIGER, not in human form.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well if you get very, very, VERY lucky you can crit+zerk+spark+armageddon and hit a very large number which may allow you to oneshot qingzi, but it is by far impractical as you would have to waste a chi pot, get incredibly lucky, lose half your health etc.
    crit+zerk+spark+armageddon

lolwut

/10chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It can hit high number but its a tricky skill u must learn to use and it miss a lot too thast very bad....
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2010

So basically, the skill is quite impractical to use in pve by far.
    Spark has no effect on armageddon damage. I figured that barbs would have this figured out by now.

Arma is based off HP/MP. That's it.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brutu - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    lolwut

/10chars
    Did you also forget my comment about chi pots?

That and the fact that a veno can pass spark directly after you use spark burst to use arma.

You honestly never did this before?=p
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Did you also forget my comment about chi pots?

That and the fact that a veno can pass spark directly after you use spark burst to use arma.

You honestly never did this before?=p

spark burst -> arma.....
    me not seeing how that works out.
    ._.'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brutu - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    spark burst -> arma.....
    me not seeing how that works out.
    ._.'
    Yeah I just read the post above and that gave me a sadface.... Was in the process of editing that post and my internet didn't like me.

Honestly I did that once before and I simply assumed the increase in damage was a result of the sparking, I suppose I was wrong.

I suppose this shows how often I actually use the skill.=p
  • GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary
    GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Yea... I don't get why ppl keep mentioning SAGE barb when talking about arma dmg ._. we get more hp IN TIGER, not in human form.

LOL sorry I do know that sage have more hp in tiger and not human, but i was only used it as a reference to the skillb:victory sorry for the misunderstandingb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    PvE wise, I use arma sometimes. I use it abit during my oht daily quest for example, when im charmless. Round afew mobs up, ToP and arma, makes the job go quicker.

I never ever use it against bosses tanking or not, unless im messing around. I get more damage 3 spark and debuffing it (15k+ hits for 12 secs or 1 60k hit hmmm)

As for sparking not having an effect on arma, I disagree, unless I get extremly lucky everytime i try it. On the doggy in 2-3 I remember doing it with and without sparks. When I sparked I done something like 6k more damage. None were crits and boss was debuffed the same.

Using arma in PvE while u have a hp charm is just silly imo. I dont feel the 12k charm tick as being worth it
  • RageMachine - Dreamweaver
    RageMachine - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    losstarot wrote: »
    I wonder just how strong Armageddon can be in PvE situations (since PvP has been discussed to death). I was curious as to if a Barb can one-shot Qingzi, and decided that a high-level (although how high and what equips I'm not sure) can probably do it rather easily, but I wonder how far a Barbarian can go with OHKO bosses (both as a reasonable endgame Barb and one with thousands of dollars sunk into the game).

On Glutt in FB 59 my Armageddon is only lvl 3 using Tangling Mire I was able to hit 20k dmg b:chuckle some higher lvl barbs can hit even higher and some even hit up to 100k +
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    As for sparking not having an effect on arma, I disagree, unless I get extremly lucky everytime i try it. On the doggy in 2-3 I remember doing it with and without sparks. When I sparked I done something like 6k more damage. None were crits and boss was debuffed the same.
    According to the description arma dmg only depends on mp/hp... so a spark shouldnt matter... I never actually payed attention.
    Using arma in PvE while u have a hp charm is just silly imo. I dont feel the 12k charm tick as being worth it
    I use my arma to grind on those avalanch mobs at the entrance of Valey of Scared while charmed all the time & it doesnt even tick. Sage arma b:victory only uses 40% mp/hp.
    I usually: get the entire field + invoke + bestial rage =go human while getting no dmg at all, from bestial rage i get 2 sparks again in a sec or 2-->I arma, still getting no dmg, charm doesnt tick ---> bestial rage still on (sage lasts longer for 5 secs than demon) so i get 3 sparks again fast --> triple spark to heal myself so charm wont tick then I use slam.

Wuala xD b:victory Entire field gone. No charm ticks, no hp pots. Just mp.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    On topic, its obviously a good skill. But its forbidden use xD. Those high numbers on armageddon is really huge O_O
    OFF TOPIC (sorry) : but how could you combo Invoke and Sunder since they both require 2 sparks?
    Only situation when they can be used in parallel is for lev 89+ barb that has full chi (3 sparks and chi bar full) and uses one of the skills, hits 1-2 times again and then can cast the second skill.

Off topic: Both sunder and invoke costs 4 spark total. All you got to do is build at least 2 sparks with 99 chi. using beastial rage and then use either invoke or sunder of them, (IMO best invoke first) then use chi pots / or veno's and lending hand skill, then use skills that don't cost any chi. When it comes to AOE squads, its best to open with bestial rage > roar > invoke > sunder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • DestroyTokyo - Lost City
    DestroyTokyo - Lost City Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Haha, Oh wow... you really think sparks helps perdition? You're 100?

MIND=BLOWN.
    9x WB
    Voted "Best WB on Lost City Server" b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver
    Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    it says boom, and low hp ppl die :3

My highest PvP arma was 7knon crit, (sacr strike tho) on 2 ppl
    9x Barb
    6x Seeker
    6x BM
    6xCleric
    [SIGPIC]http://i38.tinypic.com/nco6ts.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Mordre - Harshlands
    Mordre - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Before you arma, use a HP pot or apothecary potion, as soon as you lose 50% of your HP, you gain just a tad more to prevent the tick... not compensating for getting hit afterwards that is.
    I'm a Care Panda D:
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    it says boom, and low hp ppl die :3

My highest PvP arma was 7knon crit, (sacr strike tho) on 2 ppl

I've hit almost 40k in outrageous heaven's flame/tangling mire/zerk/crit scenarios... highest solo strike was against a lvl 100 AA veno for 23k. Not too impressive compared to some of the numbers I've heard from event gear barbs...

b:shocked
    Before you arma, use a HP pot or apothecary potion, as soon as you lose 50% of your HP, you gain just a tad more to prevent the tick... not compensating for getting hit afterwards that is.

That works sometimes, but its no guarantee you'll avoid a charm tick.
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Nevaglar - Sanctuary
    Nevaglar - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    On topic, its obviously a good skill. But its forbidden use xD. Those high numbers on armageddon is really huge O_O

How in any way Armaggedon forbidden to use??? or u just crying coz u cant produce this kind of damage?b:laugh
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Demon arma on linus 148k with bm dragon and extreme poison, no zerk no critical did that twice first 148 sec 142k..
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I hit a 110k crit with Tempest... b:sad
  • Roxel - Sanctuary
    Roxel - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Arma gets no bonus damage from spark AT ALL. sage barbs do more damage with arma cause we do HAVE more hp. i really don't care if u think urs does more damage ours does more damage cause we have way more hp. i am a pure vit build going sage and i have done a 13k non crit to fatiliqua in 2-3...pwnd(laughs at the found memory). as for doing multiple double spark skills no one here has mentioned fcc. i can invoke+sunder+arma+double spark all within the 15secs beastial rage is active.its not all that hard when u have 30-50 mobs on u at once.hehe.oh and i have done a 9k non crit to a 90 cleric in pvp.this should bring most of my knowledge here i don't like to post unless i feel i have to.........oh ya almost forgot to the guy that said arma is forbidden u would hate me in pk.....arma+bramble rage is a total ****.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    sage barbs do more damage with arma cause we do HAVE more hp.

/facepalm .... yes cause more hp in SAGE TIGER form is really useful to getting more dmg with arma... which is a HUMAN skill... duh! how could I have missed it before!?

b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]