Whats the point of quests??

GSnipes - Raging Tide
GSnipes - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
can some1 tell me
WHAT is the point of quests??
u dont get much exp, u dont get much rep and saying u doing it for rep makes no sense cuz its kinda imposable to even get past r5
can say money cuz the pots i use for the quest completion cost about the same( mana Zerk bow burns mana like a bish) the rewards are ****ty like hell so some1 plz tell me wats thier purpose??
My Arrows shall block out the sun
Post edited by GSnipes - Raging Tide on

Comments

• _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    They really don't have one. They used to be the main exp source in the game, before we got it all handfed to us, as well as something to break the monotony of normal grinding.

But with the vast number of dailies available offering far greater exp rewards for far less effort, questing in pw has simply become a waste of time now.
  • Maestro - Raging Tide
    Maestro - Raging Tide Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Oracles are quests, so they are quite pointful for lower levels.
  • seerstil
    seerstil Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I wonder if i will feel the same way about quests when i get to lvl90 like youb:laugh
  • GSnipes - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    seerstil wrote: »
    I wonder if i will feel the same way about quests when i get to lvl90 like youb:laugh

as soon as i start a quest...i dont want to continue and i jus trash it
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lol.

Questing was part of what helped you learn your classes to the fullest, as opposed to learning the same repetitive BHs over and over.

At least on a PvP server, there is... PvP. On a PvE server.. there is just a race to the end with no real purpose when you get there. *shrug*
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    At higher levels, there doesn't seem to be much of a point.
    I've just started doing mine again, only because I want the rep.
    xD
  • seerstil
    seerstil Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Oh great that given me something to look forward to b:cry
  • GSnipes - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    well that also a prob...rep
    as the rewards arent that gud unles its r6 which is almost makes no sense in gettin
    and on PVE server..its boring as ****
    ESPECIALLY this 1 where all the pussies stay in sz an an spam 4 FC all day and bh
    so its really borin and to some extent PVP servers are the same
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    BTW is not true that there is low quests after lv.90 There is still bunch of quests. You cannot find them just clicking on button find quest. But there is plenty of quests in demon/sage maps. I don't even time and space in quest log to finish them all. True is that reward is really crappy in compare with daylies and hyper exp, so they don't worth it. But If you have to grind for money you can kill 2 birds with one stone.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Best quest for earning rep is the secret "farm mat's, sell them and buy wraith officers badges" quest. Farming rep any other way is just making things harder for yourself.
  • Fatboykbb - Heavens Tear
    Fatboykbb - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    well that also a prob...rep
    as the rewards arent that gud unles its r6 which is almost makes no sense in gettin
    and on PVE server..its boring as ****
    ESPECIALLY this 1 where all the pussies stay in sz an an spam 4 FC all day and bh
    so its really borin and to some extent PVP servers are the same

go pvp server get high lvl make an rpk faction kill everyone and bid on KD or Kylin every weekb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • GSnipes - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    aaaah...wta grindin?? dont think ppl do that anymore
    cuz we hav TT for money as the amount of nub lv 80+ mats will b in demand so that money there
    so the GMS needs to improve the coin give out abd exp and rep and rewards,,,,a mirage clestones isnt worth 90 mobs
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I would agree that the rewards should increase as your level goes up. People might argue that if they boost the exp, spirit and rep reward at higher levels then you would level too quickly with all the dailies, but I say fine. Then nurf the daily reward the higher you go. <ducks the rocks being thrown at him>

I'd much rather get exp and rep from doing a quest, albeit likely a disguise for grinding, then for clicking a few buttons, paying 70k in coin and waiting 10 minutes for my CS quest to end. Don't get me wrong. I like the leveling help especially for days I want to take off from playing but not fall too far behind, but the quests are so pointless now. Time is better spent looking for a BH or FC squad then questing.
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I would agree that the rewards should increase as your level goes up. People might argue that if they boost the exp, spirit and rep reward at higher levels then you would level too quickly with all the dailies, but I say fine. Then nurf the daily reward the higher you go. <ducks the rocks being thrown at him>

At the top level BH100 the rewards are already nurfed .. but TBH all level's BH should be set up the same as 100's.

Only 2 BH's a day : Random reward from the 1st (that might or might not be xp) and choice of either xp, rep or spirit from the 2nd
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Im lvl 99 annd i still do my quests, yes they give **** exp when u have bhs now, but its fun to get out of the dayly rotine....
    And exp is exp no matter how low it is.....
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hmm, let's seee

I like questing, it's fun to hear the bragging of NPC's over something that killed they're army and than needs you to kill it solo

I don't like running BH day in day out, it's boring and frustrating to find a squad at these lvls

TT's are nice, but still a bish to find a good squad.
    RB, FC, same story. A bish to find a squad.

O, and grinding doesn't cost me sht. I can go on non stop for 50 mobs till I run out of mp, and than I meditate for 5 mins while I get a drink and I'm back to full
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    Esuna - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    They really don't have one. They used to be the main exp source in the game, before we got it all handfed to us, as well as something to break the monotony of normal grinding.

But with the vast number of dailies available offering far greater exp rewards for far less effort, questing in pw has simply become a waste of time now.

Wraiths Ploy chain is still good. And for those who don't oracle, quests are still the easiest way to get 7x.

Also, quests breaking monotony? Lol. All quests are is [talk to npc x] and [kill 50 of this]. It's to make simple minds think they're not grinding. And judging by your post, it's working.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gotta love the cash shop idiots.
  • Nakara - Raging Tide
    Nakara - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    To have fun it u dont like the quest dont do them do BHs and TTs and FBs and horray for CS time
    b:sin
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    O, and I like the story line from special quests. Forgot that one XD
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I get about 2-3 quests per level and I look forward to them. Sure, it's only 40-50k exp, but that's more than I started with. It is basically grinding with a reward at the end. When I have no quests I tend to use Crusade Orders on occasion just to break up the monotony of only doing BHs, WQ and TTs.

Of course in the lower levels, BHs give so much exp that levelling is fast, leaving quests piled up with no space in the quest list to pick up more. I try to get them all done with my chars as it is part of the challenge of the game for me, aside from when there is a ridiculous one like that one that requires 50 hay. Those get trashed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I agree completely with Analyse, but I would add that quests point you to new parts of the world that are now slightly more relevant for your new level. The prompt to try something new (even if it is just coming up with a way to kill 90 of some irritating mob with less cost and bother) can make a level change a break in monotony for longer than the "ding" moment. Every now and then, it makes you find something that is actually valuable for you to know about.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Favu - Heavens Tear
    Favu - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There isn't really much of a point.

Don't do them on any of my characters unless they're spirit culti/necessary quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    heaven's tear ~ 100 cleric / 97 veno / 91 barb ~ soy lider de la faccion venganza
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I guess the point of my quest is not whether they are fun, relevant, useful, etc. It's that it would be nice if they paid out more exp in relation to your level. I'm not talking a 50% jump in your exp bar like it was when you started out playing and were low level. I'm talking though maybe of something significant to make questing worthwhile. Like say 5%? You don't get a ton of quests at higher levels so 3 or 4 quests would only give 15-20% but it certainly would be worth the effort of questing and making it a much interesting way of leveling, even though it still is just grinding, then say CS which requires zero effort and pays of more then any quest at higher levels.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    some of the quest rewards are okay.. like gear for when you dont want to spend much money before high lvl.

I do quests, because i enjoy them. I used to enjoy grinding, before BH's. I still enjoy a nice grind once and awhile.... but lately it has felt pointless. Taking the grind out of this type of game, was a bad idea in my opinion.
    ...It seems, as if, being high lvl in pw is not even an accomplishment anymore. Everyone and their grandmother can be high lvl in this game in the matter of weeks.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Many 9x+ quests give 20-30 rep.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Alliptica - Lost City
    Alliptica - Lost City Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    the quests are for lvling below 40
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    the quests are for lvling below 40

This b:chuckle
    Seriously, my 78 cleric hasn't done a single quest in dreaming cloud, sanctuary, swamp of the wraiths (:O), any of that area. It's kind of sad, really. BH gives good enough xp that the casual player can do all this. Besides, when I'm not in BH I'm in either TT or PQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i dont use BHs to lvl 95% of the time but i still do them dump the exp into one of my genies plus the spirit is kind of nice lol
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Good ol' days where you'd actually be sad when you ran out of quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GSnipes - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Many 9x+ quests give 20-30 rep.
    ↑wtf is that??
    there isnt any quest that gives THAT much rep i knw they give like 10max per quests but WOOO Hooo u still have 193k to get....b:surrender
    so all in all quets are meaninless and the gears from quests above lv7 isnt as gud as TT