Cube of Fate...

Options
Cupcake - Raging Tide
Cupcake - Raging Tide Posts: 112 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Okay, so I just completed the Cube of Fate - got to room 50, and since I had never gone on before, I decided this time I would. So I went to advanced cube...

Lo and behold, got to room 60 no problem. So I talked to the guy and he had two quest options, one was colored green, the other white. The green was on top, so I chose that one. I noticed a tiny guy (like the one in room 1) standing in a corner, so I went to go click on him... Had no quest options, so I just closed the dialogue box. Started running back to the middle NPC and poof, teleported back to room 1. -.-

I didn't run out of time as my "Disabled Cog of Fate" still had ~24 minutes left on it (have a screenie as proof...), and I got a second "Lucky Cube Game Coin" upon landing back in room 1 (already had one before that).

So, what happened? Why did I get sent back to room 1 without getting to repair the cog? And heck, what do I even get if I do repair the cog?

Thanks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:shocked
Post edited by Cupcake - Raging Tide on

Comments

• RainZ - Raging Tide
    RainZ - Raging Tide Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Okay, so I just completed the Cube of Fate - got to room 50, and since I had never gone on before, I decided this time I would. So I went to advanced cube...

Lo and behold, got to room 60 no problem. So I talked to the guy and he had two quest options, one was colored green, the other white. The green was on top, so I chose that one. I noticed a tiny guy (like the one in room 1) standing in a corner, so I went to go click on him... Had no quest options, so I just closed the dialogue box. Started running back to the middle NPC and poof, teleported back to room 1. -.-

I didn't run out of time as my "Disabled Cog of Fate" still had ~24 minutes left on it (have a screenie as proof...), and I got a second "Lucky Cube Game Coin" upon landing back in room 1 (already had one before that).

So, what happened? Why did I get sent back to room 1 without getting to repair the cog? And heck, what do I even get if I do repair the cog?

Thanks.

You get an exclusive pass to my beloved mansion and spend a whole day with me b:chuckleb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty
  • Cupcake - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Pfft, I already got that when I married you. :P

But really, does no one know? D:

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Magical_Orgy - Lost City
    Magical_Orgy - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Pretty much you wasted your time, and it is a waste to repair cogs unless your prime goal is the necklace (I believe your goal was the 400k XP)
  • Cupcake - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Oh, yeah I know about the necklace - that is actually my far-reaching goal. That's why I passed up the exp reward and went onto advanced cube (plus, exp is easily made through hyper+FC).

But are the lucky cube coins the same as the cog? From looking at the forges in CoF, the coins are used to make one necklace while the rotating cog of fate is used to make another.... Why would there be two different necklaces? ><

I was fully aware of the decision I was making to continue on, I just don't understand why I was suddenly teleported back to room 1 without being able to repair the damaged cog...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You needed to select the 2nd option to repair the cog, selecting the first option finishes cube and teleports you back to room 1, with a lucky game coin. So yeah you screwed yourself b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Cupcake - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Aww, damn. Guess I'll know for future runs then. Thanks Burnout for the response. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]