Chat, 2 things that annoy me

Options
FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Suggestion Box
Hiho.

There are two things that annoy me while chatting - and chat is important in MMOs:

1) The chat lines are too short. Please double them in length, atleast.
2) Things like arriving at a destination throw your cursor out of the chat window.
Post edited by FoxyCleo - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hiho.

There are two things that annoy me while chatting - and chat is important in MMOs:

2) Things like arriving at a destination throw your cursor out of the chat window.

Agree on "2)", sometimes 4-6 boxes pop up just cuz you hit the hotkeys instead of typing :p
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i agree 100% with the second point, but first point is doubt... im afraid of huge spamming in chat.. the lenght of line could be increased by no more than 10 letters more in my opinion
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Number 2 for sure.
    Normally I end up having to close a lot of windows :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Number 2 is even worse when one of the keys you pressed was K. Then everything you press after, they try to make a hotkey...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hiho.

1) would result in WC abusers spamming smileys just to annoy people.
    2) Why?
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • GSnipes - Raging Tide
    GSnipes - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lolz #2 FTW i type fast so when that happens i see 8 boxes and the hotkey rest button also
    i almost left guild cuz of that crapb:shocked
    My Arrows shall block out the sun
  • palpdaddy
    palpdaddy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hiho.

I agree with you on both. What small minded players (or too young) don't understand is, you have to buy a items to World Chat and that will cost you real money. Why would someone want to trash real money for no reason? Not to mention, as far as spam goes, hell...there's plenty of that now. All the nonsense I see in world chat...and some of you want to talk about spam..? God.

Longer Chat Text would allow one to express a complete and full thought. Being a Game Developer myself....I'll tell you what I would do...as a developer. I would have a cool down on your Chat Texting if you go over a certain amount of text. Lets say a cool down of 1 minute because you typed over a small Para of Text (or longer). This cool down will get even longer if you do it in a row and so on. Combine that with the fact you have to spend real money to World Chat, enough said.

Regards
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    palpdaddy wrote: »
    I agree with you on both. What small minded players (or too young) don't understand is, you have to buy a items to World Chat and that will cost you real money. Why would someone want to trash real money for no reason? Not to mention, as far as spam goes, hell...there's plenty of that now. All the nonsense I see in world chat...and some of you want to talk about spam..? God.

Longer Chat Text would allow one to express a complete and full thought. Being a Game Developer myself....I'll tell you what I would do...as a developer. I would have a cool down on your Chat Texting if you go over a certain amount of text. Lets say a cool down of 1 minute because you typed over a small Para of Text (or longer). This cool down will get even longer if you do it in a row and so on. Combine that with the fact you have to spend real money to World Chat, enough said.

Regards

Good idea, but, Have you seen the spam on WC? Trust me, there are people who's only joy is to spam WC, and they get gold and buy teles just for the heck of it.

Then again, what you just suggested seems great for me.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    1) would result in WC abusers spamming smileys just to annoy people

Two step solution: disable smileys in WC and limit use of WC to once every 5 minutes per player account.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Two step solution: disable smileys in WC and limit use of WC to once every 5 minutes per player account.

That would cause a massive downward spike in their sales of the special smiley sets, not to mention Teleacoustics.
    palpdaddy wrote: »

Except that getting Teleacoustics without paying anything for them yourself isn't that hard. And really, some people like the reactions they get from World Chat, just take a look at all the trolls in these forums.

Not to sound like a bad guy, but your credentials don't interest anyone. So please, stop trying to sound more important than the others, that's just looking for attention. And that, my friend, is something small children do.

And really, the whole "World Chat costs money" argument is moot, since getting Teleacoustics without spending actual money is not only possible, but ridiculously easy. You can set up an idle shop for some time and have enough coin to World Chat all you'll ever want or need.

Of course, World Chat costing something is a good thing, since that limits it from being abused. I mean, just take a look at the Trade Channel, you have people repeating the same message 10 times over. If World Chat had no cost, that's what would happen, it would become a useless function.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Agree on 2. Sometimes so many windows pop up on my screen I might as well headroll on my keyboard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RageMachine - Dreamweaver
    RageMachine - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Number 2 for sure.
    Normally I end up having to close a lot of windows :(

When that happens i just retype what i was saying outside the textbox b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]