Guns

volst
volst Posts: 180
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Isn't it about time some npc in PW utilized the gunpowder in fireworks as a weapon? b:puzzled
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    No

/thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    A archer's crossbow is the closest thing that looks like a gun. b:chuckle

But no, this game dose not have guns and you should know why.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Maestro - Raging Tide
    Maestro - Raging Tide Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If you have done the lvl 19ish they have already developed gunpowder...why not xD
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Women with the thunder set have guns, you better do their shopping because chicks just got MAJORLY OPb:shocked
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    No

/thread.

^This......
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    imagine an archer with a vulcan minigun...what would the dps be?
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    We already have enough OP mechanics to deal with, thank you. While black powder is certainly available ingame, the concept of guns i think would run contrary to the game's setting. Also, guns are an obvious DD mechanic, the balance of which the addition of the new classes has already unbalanced. Hybrid classes, especially an option that can stand in for Clerics in much the same way BMs do for Barbs, would be a much better addition that further saturating the game with DD choices.

Edit; Still, i believe fixing what is already in the game to be the top priority. I've always thought the best solution to cleric scarcity would be to nerf Morning Dew while significantly lowering it's channeling time. This would bring it online with existing cleric spells, and while still far from the reliability of Ironheart, allow Wizzies to take on the role of healers in a larger number of scenarios.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    imagine an archer with a vulcan minigun...what would the dps be?

Hmm.... about 1000 hits per sec! b:laughb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    We already have enough OP mechanics to deal with, thank you. While black powder is certainly available ingame, the concept of guns i think would run contrary to the game's setting. Also, guns are an obvious DD mechanic, the balance of which the addition of the new classes has already unbalanced. Hybrid classes, especially an option that can stand in for Clerics in much the same way BMs do for Barbs, would be a much better addition that further saturating the game with DD choices.

NOT........b:beatenupb:beatupb:embarrass
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Neodoglord - Heavens Tear
    Neodoglord - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    446473fcf7c48f10

It use as rocket not minigun b:shocked
  • MinervaWolf - Dreamweaver
    MinervaWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'd like to tote around with a BFG b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Here, with the Strana Mechty wolf, we see what may be the epitome of a warrior, cunning matched with instinct and stealth, joined with a final, terrifying attack. For this mighty creature, I name you. You are Clan Wolf." -Nicholas Kerensky
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    This game is based around Chinese culture and lore. Chinese had gunpowder long before there were guns. They, however, did not create guns, but had them introduced. Therefore, no, guns should not ever be in this game.

Besides, in a world where guns are around, what exactly would be the purpose of a bow or a crossbow?
  • MinervaWolf - Dreamweaver
    MinervaWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    (x)Bows require arrows, guns require gunpowder and slug. Same concept but something new to carry with you b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Here, with the Strana Mechty wolf, we see what may be the epitome of a warrior, cunning matched with instinct and stealth, joined with a final, terrifying attack. For this mighty creature, I name you. You are Clan Wolf." -Nicholas Kerensky
    edited March 2010
    This game is based around Chinese culture and lore. Chinese had gunpowder long before there were guns. They, however, did not create guns, but had them introduced. Therefore, no, guns should not ever be in this game.

Besides, in a world where guns are around, what exactly would be the purpose of a bow or a crossbow?

Rofl or a sword, axe,dagger for that matter .. kind of like chainsaw Vs butter knife XD
    Retired Sage.
  • DraykeTalon - Heavens Tear
    DraykeTalon - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Who needs guns when you already got pretty glowy sharp/blunt objects with a bit of harry potter thrown in?
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    NOT........b:beatenupb:beatupb:embarrass

You've obviously never seen two same level BH squads spamming chat for a Cleric 20 mins. straight. There used to be six classes, now there's eight. Only one can competently heal through most bosses. I'm in no way saying someone else should get the ability to res or purify, nor even heal on the same level as Clerics. But we do need a break. I don't complaint about a lack of tankers because that's mostly the playerbase's fault in not recognizing the potential of BMs, which are one of the most played classes. Also there's HA venos and higher level LAs. Not to mention many bosses can be handled by robe users.

But Wizzies can generally only substitute for Clerics with disproportionately strong Tanks. This is a balance issue.

Edit; Sorry, don't mean to hijack thread.
    edited March 2010
    You've obviously never seen two same level BH squads spamming chat for a Cleric 20 mins. straight. There used to be six classes, now there's eight. Only one can competently heal through most bosses. I'm in no way saying someone else should get the ability to res or purify, nor even heal on the same level as Clerics. But we do need a break. I don't complaint about a lack of tankers because that's mostly the playerbase's fault in not recognizing the potential of BMs, which are one of the most played classes. Also there's HA venos and higher level LAs. Not to mention many bosses can be handled by robe users.

But Wizzies can generally only substitute for Clerics with disproportionately strong Tanks. This is a balance issue.

:P then let them spice up psy squad heal and give wiz ability to heal faster. and what happens when they wipe anyways they have no res :P?dear gawd and if they add another class...we'll hear more QQ on what ever came out with your wanted class b:shocked
    and yes sorry for the hijacking XD
    Retired Sage.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    446473fcf7c48f10

It use as rocket not minigun b:shocked

New archer skill

Rocket Mortar

Channel: 6 seconds
    Range: 60 meters

Player attaches rocket to arrow to launch at foes long ranged. Deals base attack + 500% weapon damage to target and area around target up to 10 meters (percussion effect). Has a 50% chance to miss.

b:chuckle Came off the top of my head, sorry b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    New archer skill

Rocket Mortar

Player attaches rocket to arrow to launch at foes long ranged. Deals base attack + 500% weapon damage to target and area around target up to 10 meters (percussion effect). Has a 50% chance to miss.

b:chuckle Came off the top of my head, sorry b:surrender

I would so take this over Stormrage Eagleon...
  • AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    An advancement in technology such as guns in a game-world of monsters and conjurers of magic? Yeah, i don't think that would work for the fantasy world.
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited March 2010
    Nothing stopping westerners from invading PW. There's already that ninja (vol 10 npc). b:laugh
  • Laurrella - Dreamweaver
    Laurrella - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    New archer skill

Rocket Mortar

They could group the new skill scroll with a set of cowboy jeans or daisy duke shorts and call it the "Dukes of Hazzard" combo pack.

I wouldn't mind guns being added for another race like dwarves or something down the road as long as they were balanced and added "flavor" to the game but I agree with other posters that it would be nice to get other things finished first.
    Laurrixa - 64 Sin
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I wouldn't mind guns if...

A) Clerics could revive themselves

B) Guns were ONLY a cash shop "weapon" fashion

C) Chocobos were introduced to PWI and you need DQ orders for them (and will not be in the cash shop).
  • Faith_z - Sanctuary
    Faith_z - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    No guns, ewwww please no, have had enough of that, I like the weapons as theyre there now, whips tho, would be cool :P b:victory

This isnt related to there arent enough clerics tho MANray_, its related to the bull**** a cleric goes through on a daily basis while doing random bh squads. My thought it most clerics just decided theyre not going for the used and abused and then yelled at feeling anymore b:chuckle
    My caracters:
    Faith_z - 7x Cleric (main)
    HaveFaith_z - 5x Veno
    Ivory_Soul -3x Psychic

Dont give me an attitude, I got one of my own!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saitadatude FTW :P
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I wouldn't mind guns if...

A) Clerics could revive themselves

B) Guns were ONLY a cash shop "weapon" fashion

C) Chocobos were introduced to PWI and you need DQ orders for them (and will not be in the cash shop).

^ pl0x. I'd actually do DQ for a chocobo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    No guns, ewwww please no, have had enough of that, I like the weapons as theyre there now, whips tho, would be cool :P b:victory

This isnt related to there arent enough clerics tho MANray_, its related to the bull**** a cleric goes through on a daily basis while doing random bh squads. My thought it most clerics just decided theyre not going for the used and abused and then yelled at feeling anymore b:chuckle

I meant to say that the ratio of Clerics to other classes is now smaller, this is independent of wether Clerics go through any more hazards than other classes which TBH is an issue i won't get into, as it's already been proven to me it would lead to nothing but a flame war(don't mean you). I may start a thread especifically for this later on, although i'm not sure if i may have much time to spare for most of the day.

Back on topic; It's morons that kill people. Morons with guns. Vote yes on banning guns in PW. b:laugh
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lol @ noobs saying guns werent used in ancient china

the most primative example of the gun was the fire lance used ~1132 AD IN ANCIENT CHINA!!!
    they introduced gunpowder to the world, and used the first example of guns. it would fit in just fine to add in firelock weapons for ranged classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Who needs guns when you already got pretty glowy sharp/blunt objects with a bit of harry potter thrown in?
    An advancement in technology such as guns in a game-world of monsters and conjurers of magic? Yeah, i don't think that would work for the fantasy world.

2yvjn6d.jpg
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    lol @ noobs saying guns werent used in ancient china

the most primative example of the gun was the fire lance used ~1132 AD IN ANCIENT CHINA!!!
    they introduced gunpowder to the world, and used the first example of guns. it would fit in just fine to add in firelock weapons for ranged classes.

LOL @ arrogant noob who thinks he knows Chinese history. The earliest record of firearms in China dates to the tenth century AD which myths about werefox and such clearly predate. Journey to the West and other classical tales this game is clearly based upon, are usually placed at the time of the Tang dinasty, in which time guns were certainly not available as you demonstrate yourself based on the date you have provided for primitive firearms.

Since Perfect World should be considered it's own mythos, it remains a matter of personal opinion wether firearms belong in the setting or not. Don't shoot other people's opinion by claiming an ignorance you obviously posses yourself.
    edited March 2010
    .I wouldn't mind guns being added for another race like dwarves or something down the road as long as they were balanced and added "flavor" to the game but I agree with other posters that it would be nice to get other things finished first.

hmm...-Thinking- *what class that not hear and fits could actually be placed with a whip or gun.*

Correct
    10char.
    Retired Sage.